The War on women

Just reading the threads on this forum and it seems that there is a War on Women going on. Almost every thread is attacking female politicians.

It is all coming from the right so I assume that there are a few opinion formers directing the herd.

It seems to be focused on Pelosi ,Ocasio Cortez and the two Muslim girls.

They are being accused of "identity politics" when it is clear that they are celebrating the breaking down of barriers.

I see comments relating to their intelligence and appearance that are really schoolyard insults. One of them is even being castigated for dancing in college.

I understand that there are political differences but it is more than that. I cant see any male politicians copping the same level of flack.

Is this a new thing or has trump ushered in a new age of nastiness ?
Do you see the right wingers criticizing conservative women?

Not much, especially comparatively.

So, no. This is about politics, it usually is. Wingers don't usually "see" that, of course, no matter how obvious it is.
If it is about politics why arent male democrats getting grief ?
There is a difference between male and female democrats?

Conservatives are frightened by change and diversity.

Conservatives perceive that change and diversity as some sort of a "threat."
I think that is at the heart of it. They might hate their politics but their diversity is like a red rag to a bull. They feel their world crumbling and lash out.

Tommy being "Diverse"

Lets hear it for the girls!!
Its actually the title of a well known song being discussed on the music thread. The sentiments chimed.

Republican Party Dying Due to Lack of Diversity: Pew Report

A bit more about diversity in this article.

In Alabama, Black voters (particularly Black women) showed incredible support for Democrat Doug Jones in the race for Senate against accused sexual predator Roy Moore. Ninety-eight percent of Black women who voted did so in Jones' favor.

Why would they pick someone like Moore ? It gives off a negative regressive message and paints conservatism as a creed for people without any decency. That isnt the case but it does seem to apply to modern "conservatives". They arent really conservative.They are too authoritarian for that. They are right wing extremists.

I know the song, Tommy. It doesn't mean you had to quote it. It doesn't mean you had to call the newly elected Congresswomen "Girls" in this thread.
Maybe its a cultural thing ? It would not cause any offence in the UK. I suspect that it doesnt in the US apart from amongst nit pickers looking to be offended.

Really?

So you actually believe what you wrote was not sexist and you believe the right is the only side that unleashes vile attacks?

Hogwash!

You condone sexist bigoted remarks as long as it is directed toward the political party you hate!

Yesterday you had a thread about Netflix limiting the freedom of speech and attempted to claim their right to censor material was an attack on our Freedom of Speech but when pointed out the show was pulled in Saudi Arabia and not the States you did not correct yourself!

My point?

Simple Tommy and that is you attempt to smear America daily by claiming those that are not Democrat are sexist bigoted freedom hating individuals but when you are shown your error you either run or ignore the reality!

You could write out Pelosi name but could not take the moment to write out the Muslim women names and just called them Muslim Girls instead.

You then make the asinine claim it is a cultural thing, but it is not and it just you being a lazy sexist bigot as usual.

So as you make the claim the war on women is only on the right enough evidence has been shown the left is as sexist and racist as the right and you either ignore this reality because you are a sexist bigot or you are daft to your sexist bigot ways!

Just reading the threads on this forum and it seems that there is a War on Women going on. Almost every thread is attacking female politicians.

It is all coming from the right so I assume that there are a few opinion formers directing the herd.

They are being accused of "identity politics" when it is clear that they are celebrating the breaking down of barriers.

I see comments relating to their intelligence and appearance that are really schoolyard insults. One of them is even being castigated for dancing in college.

I understand that there are political differences but it is more than that. I cant see any male politicians copping the same level of flack.

Tommy starts a thread yesterday titled, "Let's hear it for the GIRLS"

Today he refers to the "Two Muslim GIRLS"

Listen, Tommy, I'm not the least bit offended. I'm not a snowflake. But I do find it HILARIOUS that you're crying tears of misogyny sexism while calling these women GIRLS. Have you called Chuck Schumer a "BOY"? How about any other grown male politician? Are any of them "BOYS"?

You're funny Tommy. You project so much you might as well be a movie theater
To be blunt, Tommy skips to the tune of "It's Raining Men".

Last edited:
Conservatives are frightened by change and diversity.

Conservatives perceive that change and diversity as some sort of a "threat."
I think that is at the heart of it. They might hate their politics but their diversity is like a red rag to a bull. They feel their world crumbling and lash out.

Tommy being "Diverse"

Lets hear it for the girls!!
Its actually the title of a well known song being discussed on the music thread. The sentiments chimed.

Republican Party Dying Due to Lack of Diversity: Pew Report

A bit more about diversity in this article.

In Alabama, Black voters (particularly Black women) showed incredible support for Democrat Doug Jones in the race for Senate against accused sexual predator Roy Moore. Ninety-eight percent of Black women who voted did so in Jones' favor.

Why would they pick someone like Moore ? It gives off a negative regressive message and paints conservatism as a creed for people without any decency. That isnt the case but it does seem to apply to modern "conservatives". They arent really conservative.They are too authoritarian for that. They are right wing extremists.

I know the song, Tommy. It doesn't mean you had to quote it. It doesn't mean you had to call the newly elected Congresswomen "Girls" in this thread.
Maybe its a cultural thing ? It would not cause any offence in the UK. I suspect that it doesnt in the US apart from amongst nit pickers looking to be offended.

I'm not offended Tommy. It's not the appropriate term for grown women, and you don't use the similar term for men. You don't call men "Boys". And no, you can't pawn that off on being "cultural", sorry. It's sexist straight up, but it doesn't offend me outside of Leftism offending me. Because of its hypocrisy, you understand

Wow, you have the nerve to call someone dumb?

So you condone the vile attacks from those like you when it come to GOP women that include Susan Collins and once included Olympia Snowe but agree with Tommy comment that only Democrat women are abused...

Palin is dumber than a box of rocks.

She's not. You probably fell for the Tina Fey depiction of Palin and think that is actually Palin, though.

No one who is a Holocaust denier should call ANYONE dumb, Penny.

No I don't watch Saturday night live, I know who Palin is and she is a mess, almost didn't vote for Mccain due to her. Yes I deny the holocaust, it belittles all the others who died and were maimed in WWII.

That's illogical and borderline insane, Penny. That's like saying: I deny Lincoln was shot in a theater because I FEEL like that takes attention away from the Civil War. Okay, you can FEEL like that takes attention away from the Civil War, and you can even argue that case. But your FEELINGS have no bearing on whether Lincoln was shot in a theater. Because that is true. He was shot in a theater and died.

What you really mean to say is you just deny the Holocaust for hateful and ideological purposes. And it's irrational. Mean what you say, Penny.

Yes I deny the story of the holocaust, and yes I think it was just a money maker for the jews, so lets get back to the thread, or do you want to start another thread on WWII??
Hmmm... A Leftist Nazi. Makes sense.

Palin is dumber than a box of rocks.

She's not. You probably fell for the Tina Fey depiction of Palin and think that is actually Palin, though.

No one who is a Holocaust denier should call ANYONE dumb, Penny.

No I don't watch Saturday night live, I know who Palin is and she is a mess, almost didn't vote for Mccain due to her. Yes I deny the holocaust, it belittles all the others who died and were maimed in WWII.

That's illogical and borderline insane, Penny. That's like saying: I deny Lincoln was shot in a theater because I FEEL like that takes attention away from the Civil War. Okay, you can FEEL like that takes attention away from the Civil War, and you can even argue that case. But your FEELINGS have no bearing on whether Lincoln was shot in a theater. Because that is true. He was shot in a theater and died.

What you really mean to say is you just deny the Holocaust for hateful and ideological purposes. And it's irrational. Mean what you say, Penny.

Yes I deny the story of the holocaust, and yes I think it was just a money maker for the jews, so lets get back to the thread, or do you want to start another thread on WWII??
Hmmm... A Leftist Nazi. Makes sense.

She would have been showered and baked back then because should would have failed to meet the IQ requirement...

women just need to shut up and be thankful that men exist to do the hard work that makes their life so easy,,,

Do you see the right wingers criticizing conservative women?

Not much, especially comparatively.

So, no. This is about politics, it usually is. Wingers don't usually "see" that, of course, no matter how obvious it is.
If it is about politics why arent male democrats getting grief ?
Schumer is a dumbass. There you go.

Forum List

Back