The Wisdom of Thomas Paine

There's a point to this coming?

Well,

I would hope that one or two people who have yet to read this work might be interested. I think the guy made a strong case for why we, as a civilized society, need to make a minimum standard of living a legislated right for all Americans.

what is your take on the piece?

'
As to you [George Washington], sir, treacherous in private friendship
and a hypocrite in public life, the world will be puzzled to decide whether
you are an apostate or an imposter---whether you have abandoned good principles
or whether you ever had any.

----Thomas Paine !!!!!! [in a letter to George Washington]

It is clear that either Thomas Paine or George Washington (or both) do not entirely deserve the veneration which popular belief accords to them.

However, even if one or both of them were scoundrels, it does not mean that they could not have had the occasional good idea.

'
'
Nothing scary there.

Looks sensible to me.

Why bring in Thomas Paine, though?

need to make a minimum standard of living a legislated right for all Americans.

I agree but then we must do that for businesses too since thats where the wealth comes from to guarantee a minimum standard of living for individuals-right?

No. The money that businesses get comes from the individuals who buy goods and services from them. Your model is a proven failure.

No. The money that businesses get comes from the individuals who buy goods and services from them.

too stupid!! is the money they get more inportant than than life saving goods and services businesses produce for individuals??

Your model is a proven failure.

America has had the most capitalistism and is the richest in human history??????????? as well as the worlds moral policeman?? China just switched to capitalism from liberalism and now they are all buying cars rather than slowly starving to death. How is it possible that you don't know that??

See why we are 100% positive a liberal will be slow?

Last edited:
Edmund, when you post about "IQ" and/or "the liberal" it scares me a little bit because hyperventilating from laughter gives me a breathless feeling vaguely like stepping out of an airplane did - only I'm not wearing a parachute in my chair here in front of the computer.

As always, thanks for your insights into the nutball mind.

Edmund, when you post about "IQ" and/or "the liberal" it scares me a little bit because hyperventilating from laughter gives me a breathless feeling vaguely like stepping out of an airplane did - only I'm not wearing a parachute in my chair here in front of the computer.

America has had the most capitalistism and is the richest in human history, as well as the worlds moral policeman? China just switched to capitalism from liberalism and now they are all buying cars rather than slowly starving to death. How is it possible that you don't know that? Gee I wonder if you are a liberal.

America has had the most capitalistism and is the richest in human history, as well as the worlds moral policeman? China just switched to capitalism from liberalism and now they are all buying cars rather than slowly starving to death. How is it possible that you don't know that? Gee I wonder if you are a liberal.

What a low IQ ignoramus!! I have traveled to China and the wealth divide is growing. Stop embarrassing yourself with you public displays of ignorance:eek:

New leaders face China's wealth divide - CNN.com

I have traveled to China and the wealth divide is growing.

too stupid!! when you go from en masse starvation to the largest economy in the world of course the wealth divide has to be growing!!

Its really is too stupid for words!!!

Forum List

Back