🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The women haters strike again!

Is it in an NFL contract, to let go a player if he is involved in domestic violence, and if so, how is domestic violence being defined? Just asking. :dunno:

Most of the players have a "morality" clause which pretty much justifies the team cutting them if they do anything illegal or damaging to the team's image.

No , there is no "domestic violence clause"

Thank you. :)

Wow, if that is the case the unions are going to have a good time defending the savage.

I was thinking the other day about a scenario involving an employee of mine in the same circumstances. I would be hard-pressed not to fire him or her but I would retain the employee and leave the horrible incident up to the Grand Jury. This to me, is a legal issue and nothing to do with the free market enterprise system. JMHO.

True, but when you sign a contract....

I mean some of the higher profile players have things in their contracts like "no riding motorcycles (Ben Rothlisburger after getting in two major motorcycle accidents)

I mean you have to realize these teams have tens of millions of dollars on the line and they aren't going to allow a player to jeopardize it.

Oh, and I'd forgot about the NFL's new domestic violence rules for all players.

Ray Rice is an asshole. But destroying his career, hurts his wife and children. How does that help anyone?

Jesus Christ. So you are saying that Rice should be allowed to continue in the NFL? Tell you what...beat the hell out of your Wife tonight and film it. Then show it to YOUR boss. See how long your remain employed. Jesus....

Liberals make excuses for black men being violent but then act all high and mighty when they can use a black male to tarnish the NFL.

The NFL was afraid of being called racists for hammering Rice before the video, so they slapped him on the wrist. Now they are being attacked by those same liberals that cover up crimes by blacks.....insane.

Are you implying that only black men hit women? if so, you are an idiot. Get off your bigoted high horse.

black men assault women 22X more often than white men. That's a FACT backed up by FBI statistics.

I imagine that NFL players in general probably approach that figure regardless of color.

Is it in an NFL contract, to let go a player if he is involved in domestic violence, and if so, how is domestic violence being defined? Just asking. :dunno:

Most of the players have a "morality" clause which pretty much justifies the team cutting them if they do anything illegal or damaging to the team's image.

Actually that is not correct. There is a morals clause and a "appearance" clause. 1. Any behavior that reflects badly on the NFL can result in a ban. 2. Any behavior that is in violation of law is basis for a ban or suspension.

Sorry, I will never accept that it's okay for a man to hit a woman, no matter how you try to justify it.

Who's trying to justify what? I never said it was okay. The problem is you are limiting it, because you are a sexist. The gender of one or the other should not matter. But you see this issue as particularly egregious because a man hit a woman. Because in your mind, women are less than men, and therefore need men to take care of them.

Women ARE less than men when it comes to the ability to fight a man, duh.

only an idiot would claim otherwise.

I saw the film clip on the news last night. My very first impression was that after Rice had hit his girlfriend twice, she charged at him! And that is when he delivered the knockout blow.

I used to have to deal with a lot of cases of abusive spouses when I was on active duty. It became apparent to me after a while that both people in the relationship were sick. One was the provoker, and the other was the abuser. And the "victim" always came back for more.

Sick people seek out other sick people who complement their sickness.

After all, Rice's girlfriend still married him after he knocked her out cold.

Nevertheless, Rice is not deserving of a place of honor in our society. He's a sick bastard who hits women.
I hope you weren't a Police Officer. All of a sudden when it's a (Black) NFL football player we have a new aspect to a domestic abuse case that never existed before. Apparently the "provoker" is now an issue. Does anybody in their right mind think that a woman deserves to be punched and knocked out even if she is alleged to be the"provoker"?

Ray Rice is an asshole. But destroying his career, hurts his wife and children. How does that help anyone?
How many children does he have? I really don't know. I wonder if he beats the hell out of them like he did his girl friend who is now his wife.

Sorry, I will never accept that it's okay for a man to hit a woman, no matter how you try to justify it.

Who's trying to justify what? I never said it was okay. The problem is you are limiting it, because you are a sexist. The gender of one or the other should not matter. But you see this issue as particularly egregious because a man hit a woman. Because in your mind, women are less than men, and therefore need men to take care of them.

Women ARE less than men when it comes to the ability to fight a man, duh.

only an idiot would claim otherwise.

I worked with two female MOSSAD Agents in the 80s that could take you out as fast as I could. Don't be so quick to judge.

black men assault women 22X more often than white men. That's a FACT backed up by FBI statistics.

I imagine that NFL players in general probably approach that figure regardless of color.

You are quoting false stats, so I suggest you post your link.

I most certainly am not using false stats
FBI mdash Violent Crime
go through the tables and compare race of victim to race of perpetrator and you will see that a woman is assaulted 22X more often by a black acquaintance than by a white one.

Sorry, those are facts backed up by FBI crime statistics

Actually that is not correct. There is a morals clause and a "appearance" clause. 1. Any behavior that reflects badly on the NFL can result in a ban. 2. Any behavior that is in violation of law is basis for a ban or suspension.

You're talking about game bans and such, I'm talking about contracts that allow the team to release a player for certain behaviors.

Jesus Christ. So you are saying that Rice should be allowed to continue in the NFL? Tell you what...beat the hell out of your Wife tonight and film it. Then show it to YOUR boss. See how long your remain employed. Jesus....

michael_vick2011-smile-med-wide.jpg

michael_vick2011-smile-med-wide.jpg

First, your picture is ridiculous. That dumbass never hit a woman - he killed dogs, He was convicted, served his sentence at Leavenworth and returned to football. He should have NEVER been allowed to rejoin the NFL. Nor should the player that killed his teammate while DUI either. Again, YOU try their behavior and see how far it gets you.

The worst move that the newest rookie could ever make on a domestic case is assuming that the victim might have provoked the attack.Sadly there is a cottage industry of mostly left wing defenders that assume the woman was asking for it.

You're talking about game bans and such, I'm talking about contracts that allow the team to release a player for certain behaviors.

If a player violates ANY part of his contract, he CAN be released (cut) pending arbitration from the NFLPA. In the case of Rice, the player's union has already told him - you are "shit outta luck" here.

First, your picture is ridiculous. That dumbass never hit a woman - he killed dogs, He was convicted, served his sentence at Leavenworth and returned to football. He should have NEVER been allowed to rejoin the NFL. Nor should the player that killed his teammate while DUI either. Again, YOU try their behavior and see how far it gets you.

So killing dozens of dogs, and torturing hundreds more over five years, is more egregious than this single incident? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Your complete and utter prejudice is really showing through. You must think women are amazingly pathetic.

Ray Rice has been cut by the Ravens. He's been suspended indefinitely by the NFL. The Ravens organization and some Baltimore area businesses are offering incentives to turn in Ray Rice jerseys.

In all of this, there is an ugly truth that few dare to acknowledge. All this faux outrage is born from an inherent sexism against women, in the form of a belief that women are inferior to men, are weak and juvenile, and consequently deserving of special attention and "protection," and that female "pain" is worse than male pain.

Let's be honest....none of this would be happening right now if not for the release of the video. Now, it's been seen. Now, everyone has had to let it sink in. Now, everyone is singing the mantra....Oh that poor girl. Nevermind that Janay initiated the violence, which she has admitted to. The belief is that Ray is the evil monster here, because he hit a woman. The White House has gone so far as to question Rice's masculinity. They never said anything about Janay's womanhood. Because men have special obligations to women, or so it would seem. Obligations that women cannot share. Because women are not good enough. They are not capable. They are less than men. And so they cannot be expected to live up to the same standards.

And so now the familiar drumbeat of political correctness gone amok is heard once again. And what nobody is willing to admit is that all these people claiming to be in favor of "protecting" women, really think very, very low of women.

Kim.jpg

You are so correct. In the interest of gender equality, when a woman knocks out her fiance, she should have her contract terminated by the NFL.

Forum List

Back