The World Cup discussion thread

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
A place where we can discuss the games and then laugh at England when they get knocked out early.

Just seen one of the all time classic World Cup games. Spain 3 - 3 Portugal .

Ronaldo gets a hat trick to save a point for the Portuguese. An amazing player.

My take is that both countries will progress from the group. Spain can win the Cup but Portugal have no chance.

Are all the games in the US this time? or did I hear that wrong???

USA Soccer Guy
This guy cracks me up.

Christie Y'all know Ronaldo's late felony kick knots it up at threes for the Portugaleze in their game with Spain Soccer Club. The Real Salt Lake Madrid athlete also found the ball bag two more times in the game, his first with a PK, his second thanks to dumbass goaltendering from Richard De Gere.

Seriously ?
My Great Grandfather played for Wales in the 1880s
He played with them for two years...never played in the world cup but he loves Wales...He was adopted... his parents and he came here from Wales in the early 80's and his parents were tragically killed in a small plane crash...My parents were foster parents and eventually adopted him...he returned to Wales and married...still lives there today...I keep promising to visit but you know how that goes...always too busy...I do look forward to the world cup though...not much interested in American football anymore...

35026305_170861317094773_5212538602969366528_n.jpg

A place where we can discuss the games and then laugh at England when they get knocked out early.

Just seen one of the all time classic World Cup games. Spain 3 - 3 Portugal .

Ronaldo gets a hat trick to save a point for the Portuguese. An amazing player.

My take is that both countries will progress from the group. Spain can win the Cup but Portugal have no chance.
soccer sucks, no one should cheer a tie.

Peru v Denmark
Apparently there are 50,000 Peruvians in Russia for the tournament. The Mexicans have travelled there in similar numbers. How will trump cope in 2026 ?
BTW Peru have the coolest kit in World football.

PeruWC_sports_wikimedia-1150x747.jpg

Mexico 1 - 0 Germany
VIva Mexico.
Germany looked a bit laboured and it was a fair result.There will be a big party in Mexico tonight.

Mexico were excellent. They had so many chances on the break, the score could have been 5-0.

Spain v Portugal was outstanding. I doubt we'll see a better match in this World Cup. As much as I hate to admit it, Ronald was fantastic.

It's been a good tournament thus far. The matches I've watched, for the most part, have been pretty entertaining.

Every tournament, I tell myself that I'm not going to get sucked in and pay too much attention. But then I get sucked in and pay too much attention!

Mexico were excellent. They had so many chances on the break, the score could have been 5-0.

Spain v Portugal was outstanding. I doubt we'll see a better match in this World Cup. As much as I hate to admit it, Ronald was fantastic.

It's been a good tournament thus far. The matches I've watched, for the most part, have been pretty entertaining.

Every tournament, I tell myself that I'm not going to get sucked in and pay too much attention. But then I get sucked in and pay too much attention!
You watching Brazil ?

Forum List

Back