🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Worst Shooting in California...all but forgotten...

The Bible says inExodus:

New International Version
For six days work is to be done, but the seventh day is a day of sabbath rest, holy to the LORD. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day is to be put to death.

So either the Bible is just as violent or it has no relevance to Christianity by your logic.

A lot of football players will work tomorrow. Should they be put to death by observant Christians? If not why not.

Discuss!

Wonderful... So for the Jews fleeing bondage in Egypt, it sounds to me like you best take the 7th day for some down time, as you've been commanded by God to do so with the penalty for failing to do so, being death.

And I gotta say, it sounds like a good idea all the way around. Unless of course one is IN BONDAGE... and forced to work around the clock, for say many MANY generations, wherein non-stop work would naturally be inculcated into one's culture.

Which... ya know what? I'm not God... but it seems logical that God commanded the ancient, post Egyptian-bondage Jews, to rest 1 in 7 days... and set the death penalty as a means to break the habit.

But who knows... it was a LONG TIME ago, and the Ancient Tribes of Israel are long gone, thus the rule still remains as sound as it was then... but the penalty is no longer relevant, except for the slow, agonizing death common to those who do not take the time to stop work and turn their attention to their relationship with the Father.

Now, lets contrast that to the standing rules set by the would-be 'Holy' books of Islam... which require EACH MUSLIM to MURDER THOSE WHO REJECT ISLAM, from now until there IS no ISLAM!

Discuss...

I do not see a difference between the writings in Exodus and what you're calling "standing rules"?

Are you saying that somehow the Bible is no longer relevant while insisting that the Koran is relevant (though it was written 1300 years ago according to Wikipedia)?

Why the double standard?
Because you MORON, the Christian religion had a reformation and does not support defend nor practice the old testament anymore. BUT Islam still DOES practice what the Koran says.
False!

Christians must follow the laws of the Old Testament that had not been modified or replaced by newer ones in the New Testament. Otherwise, if we were to follow the NT alone, then we would have no life laws or directions to follow. This means as I mentioned above, a son can marry his father's former wife, or a brother can marry his sister, or an uncle can marry his niece, etc... since the NT never talked about these issues.

Christians must follow the Old Testament

I can't speak for anyone else however I follow the New Testament. The laws of the Old Testament are a guide of principle and a reminder how we needed Christ's sacrifice to free us from the Mosaic law.

Not sure about your religion or anyone else's.
a son can marry his father's former wife, or a brother can marry his sister, or an uncle can marry his niece, etc... or any of Book of Leviticus you are following the OT...no excuses.
btw I'm an atheist..
was a Sothern Baptist then MORMON
should be obvious why I'm an atheist

That was 30 years ago.

Yes it was and I still remember it.

If some of those folks in the restaurant had had guns then that fool would have died.

They tore that McDonalds down and I don't know what if anything is on that land now.

That was 30 years ago.

Yes it was and I still remember it.

If some of those folks in the restaurant had had guns then that fool would have died.

They tore that McDonalds down and I don't know what if anything is on that land now.
false! there is no way you could know that.
without proper training like the majority of gun owners it would have been worse.
the gun totin' civilian sharp shooter is a myth.

I think it's hilarious that anyone would give two shits about that card. But man, you lefties are unglued over it... and that's awesome!

The San Ysidro McDonald's massacre was a mass shooting that occurred in and around a McDonald's restaurant in theSan Diego neighborhood of San Ysidro on July 18, 1984. The perpetrator, 41-year-old James Huberty, shot and killed 21 people and injured 19 others, before being fatally shot by a SWAT team sniper.[1]

The shooter?

Huberty, a self-proclaimed survivalist, saw signs of what he thought was growing trouble in America, and believed that government regulations were the cause of business failures, including his own. He believed that international bankers were purposefully manipulating the Federal Reserve System and bankrupting the nation.[49] Convinced that Sovietaggression was everywhere, he believed that the breakdown of society was near, perhaps through economic collapse ornuclear war. He committed himself to prepare to survive this coming collapse and, while in Canton, provisioned his house with thousands of dollars of non-perishable food and six guns that he intended to use to defend his home during what he believed was the coming chaos. When he moved from Ohio he left the food behind but brought the guns with him.[50]

And the shooting occurred on Ronald Reagan's watch OMG!

The lesson?

When you see people around your neighborhood who look like this:

James_Oliver_Huberty.jpg

for God's sake say something.

Read the full story here. Yes, read it please:

San Ysidro McDonald's massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Was it Kurt or Mike Douglas?
Good movie
:thup:

Did The Gipper address America from the Oval Office, warning us of the dangers of such individuals and how they don't represent the views of the majority of their kind???
Or, at least, try to push for more stringent gun control measure?

I got owned as usual. I'm quitting the forum.
that would be giving the right wing posters exactly what they want.
just like they're doing with the terrorists

Wrong.....we want punching bags like you.
You only make that claim on the safety of the site .

I'd beat you like a rented mule.

1. Where do you rent mules?

2. Why do you beat them? Is that a Korean thing?

The San Ysidro McDonald's massacre was a mass shooting that occurred in and around a McDonald's restaurant in theSan Diego neighborhood of San Ysidro on July 18, 1984. The perpetrator, 41-year-old James Huberty, shot and killed 21 people and injured 19 others, before being fatally shot by a SWAT team sniper.[1]

The shooter?

Huberty, a self-proclaimed survivalist, saw signs of what he thought was growing trouble in America, and believed that government regulations were the cause of business failures, including his own. He believed that international bankers were purposefully manipulating the Federal Reserve System and bankrupting the nation.[49] Convinced that Sovietaggression was everywhere, he believed that the breakdown of society was near, perhaps through economic collapse ornuclear war. He committed himself to prepare to survive this coming collapse and, while in Canton, provisioned his house with thousands of dollars of non-perishable food and six guns that he intended to use to defend his home during what he believed was the coming chaos. When he moved from Ohio he left the food behind but brought the guns with him.[50]

The lesson?

James_Oliver_Huberty.jpg

Good movie

Did The Gipper address America from the Oval Office, warning us of the dangers of such individuals and how they don't represent the views of the majority of their kind???

Reagan egged him on with his 'evil empire' and anti-government rhetoric.

The shooter?

The lesson?

James_Oliver_Huberty.jpg

Good movie

Reagan egged him on with his 'evil empire' and anti-government rhetoric.
Quote?

Wonderful... So for the Jews fleeing bondage in Egypt, it sounds to me like you best take the 7th day for some down time, as you've been commanded by God to do so with the penalty for failing to do so, being death.

And I gotta say, it sounds like a good idea all the way around. Unless of course one is IN BONDAGE... and forced to work around the clock, for say many MANY generations, wherein non-stop work would naturally be inculcated into one's culture.

Which... ya know what? I'm not God... but it seems logical that God commanded the ancient, post Egyptian-bondage Jews, to rest 1 in 7 days... and set the death penalty as a means to break the habit.

But who knows... it was a LONG TIME ago, and the Ancient Tribes of Israel are long gone, thus the rule still remains as sound as it was then... but the penalty is no longer relevant, except for the slow, agonizing death common to those who do not take the time to stop work and turn their attention to their relationship with the Father.

Now, lets contrast that to the standing rules set by the would-be 'Holy' books of Islam... which require EACH MUSLIM to MURDER THOSE WHO REJECT ISLAM, from now until there IS no ISLAM!

Discuss...

I do not see a difference between the writings in Exodus and what you're calling "standing rules"?

Are you saying that somehow the Bible is no longer relevant while insisting that the Koran is relevant (though it was written 1300 years ago according to Wikipedia)?

Why the double standard?
Because you MORON, the Christian religion had a reformation and does not support defend nor practice the old testament anymore. BUT Islam still DOES practice what the Koran says.
False!

Christians must follow the laws of the Old Testament that had not been modified or replaced by newer ones in the New Testament. Otherwise, if we were to follow the NT alone, then we would have no life laws or directions to follow. This means as I mentioned above, a son can marry his father's former wife, or a brother can marry his sister, or an uncle can marry his niece, etc... since the NT never talked about these issues.

I can't speak for anyone else however I follow the New Testament. The laws of the Old Testament are a guide of principle and a reminder how we needed Christ's sacrifice to free us from the Mosaic law.

a son can marry his father's former wife, or a brother can marry his sister, or an uncle can marry his niece, etc... or any of Book of Leviticus you are following the OT...no excuses.
btw I'm an atheist..

Sorry, Christ fulfilled the Law Covenant. I am sorry are not the one that dictates what I do and don't believe. I don't care if you are an atheist, it makes no difference to me or to my life.

Why the double standard?
False!

btw I'm an atheist..

Sorry, Christ fulfilled the Law Covenant. I am sorry are not the one that dictates what I do and don't believe. I don't care if you are an atheist, it makes no difference to me or to my life.
bullshit if you (as I said) believe or use any of Leviticus it does dictate along with the rest of what you believe ...

What a dick the OP is !!

It's total desperation to bring something up from decades ago in an attempt to draw attention away from his pals the Islamic extremists !

What a dick the OP is !!

It's total desperation to bring something up from decades ago in an attempt to draw attention away from his pals the Islamic extremists !
false the desperation is you clowns epically failing to accept that what happened in san Bernardino is no different in out come.
the only difference is the excuse.

False!

btw I'm an atheist..

bullshit if you (as I said) believe or use any of Leviticus it does dictate along with the rest of what you believe ...

No, the principles are there however Christ is the atonement for the law. Thus the law was fulfilled. I you wish to believe differently, feel free to. The Mosaic Law was to point to the need of a ransom sacrifice through Christ and Christ fulfilled the law.

Again, you don't dictate what I believe.

What a dick the OP is !!

false the desperation is you clowns epically failing to accept that what happened in san Bernardino is no different in out come.
the only difference is the excuse.

As usual you dicks rush in to protect anything concerning Islam.

But, but, but, the Crusades, Bush, and stuff !!

Dumbfucks.

Forum List

Back