Theme Song For the Day

Appropriate for the times- I LOVE this song and play it me own self several times a day

Yesterday this image came into my head several times. Then today when I woke up I got the image again and then driving back from the hospital.

1621351613953.png

It is of course the image of the little Palastinian girl dug out of a tiny hole in a mountain of rubble.
A couple of lines from a song came into my head -

"All in a dream, all in a dream - the loading had begun"
"Flying mother natures silver seed to a new home in the sun."

The song from Neil Young - After The Goldrush. Became an anti war theme song in Britain back in the 1980's Falklands War.
I remember I was working nights and news came over the radio that HMS Sir Galahad had been sunk. A couple of nights later the HMS Sheffield suffered the same fate. Both sunk by French made Exorcet missiles.
Apperantly the Argentinian plane that fired the missiles would have been many miles from either ship. The missiles dropped would cruise just above the water homing in on its target. On the ships neither the plane nor the missiles would have been picked up on radar. There could be no escape once the missiles were fired. When it hit the victims would have known absolutely nothing.
What fantastic human ingunuity and technical expertise went into producing those missiles All for such a terrible and useless goal.
I just hope the Israeli and Palastinian's stop now, immediately!

Neil Young - After The Gold Rush

Yesterday this image came into my head several times. Then today when I woke up I got the image again and then driving back from the hospital.

View attachment 490800
It is of course the image of the little Palastinian girl dug out of a tiny hole in a mountain of rubble.

The song from Neil Young - After The Goldrush. Became an anti war theme song in Britain back in the 1980's Falklands War.
I remember I was working nights and news came over the radio that HMS Sir Galahad had been sunk. A couple of nights later the HMS Sheffield suffered the same fate. Both sunk by French made Exorcet missiles.
Apperantly the Argentinian plane that fired the missiles would have been many miles from either ship. The missiles dropped would cruise just above the water homing in on its target. On the ships neither the plane nor the missiles would have been picked up on radar. There could be no escape once the missiles were fired. When it hit the victims would have known absolutely nothing.
What fantastic human ingunuity and technical expertise went into producing those missiles All for such a terrible and useless goal.

Nice song and wonderful post. Thanks.

View attachment 490800

Nice song and wonderful post. Thanks.

You're most welcome!

I thought social distancing and wearing a mask was crazy and Trump's impeachment was borderline. Here we go: Burning down cities and hate is OK now.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back