'There Are No Atheists in Foxholes'

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
I've often wondered about this saying. I think the opposite is truer though. When you're in a life and death situation, all the academic stuff falls away as you revert to a purer animal existence trying to survive. Abstract concepts like religion and morality go out the window. You claw, scratch, spit, bite, anything and everything in order to continue living. All the moral judgements and religious commandments become meaningless since none of that will help you stay alive.

Thoughts?

I've often wondered about this saying. I think the opposite is truer though. When you're in a life and death situation, all the academic stuff falls away as you revert to a purer animal existence trying to survive. Abstract concepts like religion and morality go out the window. You claw, scratch, spit, bite, anything and everything in order to continue living. All the moral judgements and religious commandments become meaningless since none of that will help you stay alive.

Thoughts?

cannot add anything to that true statement

Thoughts?

I wondered how you arrived at your opinion.. wish fool thinking perhaps..

Also ... why do you think soldiers are trained, it's not to go nutcase when confronted with the pressure of putting your life on the line for the thankless twits.

Last edited:
Thoughts on what? Some pray some don't. I never did.When it happens to you let us know what you did.

Thoughts?

that describes must of the state of humanity now....look at the inner cities

Forum List

Back