Party of Trump

i suppose you'll say the same 'bout this too? c'mon, zog ... you can't really believe he has zero knowledge, zero input, zero ties to any of it?

Trump claims not to know who is behind Project 2025. A CNN review found at least 140 people who worked for him are involved​

By Steve Contorno, CNN
8 minute read
Updated 2:45 PM EDT, Thu July 11, 2024

Donald Trump has lately made clear he wants little to do with Project 2025, the conservative blueprint for the next Republican president that has attracted considerable blowback in his race for the White House.

“I have no idea who is behind it,” the former president recently claimed on social media.

Many people Trump knows quite well are behind it.

Six of his former Cabinet secretaries helped write or collaborated on the 900-page playbook for a second Trump term published by the Heritage Foundation. Four individuals Trump nominated as ambassadors were also involved, along with several enforcers of his controversial immigration crackdown. And about 20 pages are credited to his first deputy chief of staff.

In fact, at least 140 people who worked in the Trump administration had a hand in Project 2025, a CNN review found, including more than half of the people listed as authors, editors and contributors to “Mandate for Leadership,” the project’s extensive manifesto for overhauling the executive branch.

Dozens more who staffed Trump’s government hold positions with conservative groups advising Project 2025, including his former chief of staff Mark Meadows and longtime adviser Stephen Miller...
https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/11/politics/trump-allies-project-2025/index.html

Trump disavows Project 2025, but he has long-standing ties to some key architects​

Former President Donald Trump has claimed to know “nothing” about the conservative road map for a second term, but some of his top former advisers are heavily involved with it.

July 11, 2024, 4:27 PM EDT
By Vaughn Hillyard and Alexandra Marquez

"I know nothing about Project 2025," he said in a Truth Social post Friday. "I have no idea who is behind it.”

He doubled down in a social media post Thursday morning, saying, "I have not seen it, have no idea who is in charge of it, and, unlike our very well received Republican Platform, had nothing to do with it."

Trump also spoke highly about the group's plans at a dinner sponsored by the Heritage Foundation in April 2022, saying: “This is a great group, and they’re going to lay the groundwork and detail plans for exactly what our movement will do and what your movement will do when the American people give us a colossal mandate to save America.”

The website also notes that the project is backed by over 100 conservative organizations, many led by close allies of Trump, including Turning Point USA, the Center for Renewing America, the Claremont Institute, the Family Policy Alliance, the Family Research Council, Moms for Liberty and America First Legal — the latter of which is led by Stephen Miller, a top former Trump adviser.

Former Trump administration officials who have been directly affiliated with Project 2025 include former Office of Management and Budget Director Russ Vought, former acting Defense Secretary Christopher Miller, former Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson, former deputy chief of staff Rick Dearborn and former Justice Department senior counsel Gene Hamilton.

Vought, one of the key authors of Project 2025, is also the Republican National Committee’s platform policy director.
Trump disavows Project 2025, but he has long-standing ties to some key architects

& one more:

Video from 2022 Shows Trump Praising Project 2025's 'Colossal Mandate' at Heritage Foundation Event​

The video stands in stark contrast to one of Trump's July 2024 posts reading, "I know nothing about Project 2025. I have no idea who is behind it."​

A video captured on April 21, 2022, shows former U.S. President Donald Trump praising the formation of plans for Project 2025 at an event for the initiative's leaders, The Heritage Foundation.
Rating:
True
True
About this rating

An online rumor claims video of former U.S. President Donald Trump attending an event for the conservative think tank The Heritage Foundation in Amelia Island, Florida, on April 21, 2022, shows him praising the foundation's plans for its just-announced 2025 Presidential Transition Project – commonly known in the months leading up to the 2024 presidential election as Project 2025.

Both video and a transcript of Trump's April 21, 2022, Florida speech show him praising The Heritage Foundation and Project 2025's forthcoming "Mandate for Leadership" plans.

Around 20 minutes into Trump's speech, just after referencing the upcoming 2024 election, he said of Heritage Foundation President Kevin Roberts, "Already we have shown the power of our winning formula, working closely with many of the great people at Heritage over the four incredible years that we've worked with you a lot and we were just discussing it with Kevin (inaudible), they're going to work on some other things that are going to be very exciting, I think, Kevin, I think maybe the most exciting of all."

Then, about 41 minutes into the speech, Trump called The Heritage Foundation a "great group." He also referred to The Heritage Foundation's plans as a "colossal mandate" and said it would "lay the groundwork for exactly what our movement will do" in order to "save America":
Video from 2022 Shows Trump Praising Project 2025's 'Colossal Mandate' at Heritage Foundation Event

Again, in the corp world it has happened to me several times. Not at that scale but many a time. Tying my name to something I did not have anything to do with directly.

Forum List

Back