A revealing incident involving Larry Hogan.

He's literally the only Republican who is capable of winning that seat. This is the problem with you guys. You'd rather have a Democrat who will give you nothing as opposed to a Republicans in a heavily blue state will give you 50 to 60% of what you want and this is why you lose over and over again and rarely see your agenda passed.
What so you look down upon those who would rather deal with an real snake than an RINO snake in the grass that makes grifty deals (like Collins and Murkowski) for their votes?......After they are done with their "demands" you might get 15% of what you want even if the gop gets the leadership back and the taxpayer is always poorer for it.....No thanks.

Just before the verdict in Donald Trump's hush-money trial came out, Larry Hogan released a statement defending the U.S. legal system and urging Americans to accept the result. Trump's campaign saw his plea — and did not like it.

Chris LaCivita, a senior adviser to the former president, tweeted at Hogan, a former two-term governor who is running for Senate: "You just ended your campaign."

Hogan, a prominent Trump critic, is running for an open Senate seat in the blue state of Maryland against Democrat Angela Alsobrooks. Though he has said he will caucus with the GOP, he has shifted to the center since winning the Republican nomination.

“Regardless of the result, I urge all Americans to respect the verdict and the legal process,” he posted on X, formerly Twitter. “… We must reaffirm what has made this nation great: the rule of law.”

Exactly what about that statement would cause a Trump advisor to imply Hogan's campaign for a Senate seat is over? I suggest there is nothing other than a lack of fealty to the toxic message coming from Trumpworld that the legal system is corrupt by definition if Trump is found guilty.

There are reasonable positions one could take in questioning the propriety of the trial. The relative novelty of the charges being one. But those observations are absent in the repetitive, dogmatic way Don's congressional defenders have lined up to parrot the party line. Relentlessly bashing the justice system. A system that afforded Don opportunities to defend himself every step of the way, including testifying in his own defense. Because as Larry Hogan has discovered, you jeopardize your political career in this POT if your total fidelity to him is seen as wanting.
There isn’t a person in the world who is aware of the news who doesn’t see this as a political lynching.

Even world leaders range from no comment to calling it what it is.

But then Lara Trump leads the RNC and has stated her primary support will go to paying her father in laws legal bills instead of supporting local races

Interesting that the voices in your head sound like Lara Trump.

"But then Lara Trump leads the RNC and has stated her primary support will go to paying her father in laws legal bills instead of supporting local races"

She never said that. It was one of the various voices in your head. To you, this one sounds like Trump's DIL

Last edited:
What so you look down upon those who would rather deal with an real snake than an RINO snake in the grass that makes grifty deals (like Collins and Murkowski) for their votes?......After they are done with their "demands" you might get 15% of what you want even if the gop gets the leadership back and the taxpayer is always poorer for it.....No thanks.

There is no elected Republican in the House or Senate giving you only 15% of what you want.

Obviously, you have no actual retort to what I said because you know I'm right. Have a nice day and enjoy losing like always.

There is no elected Republican in the House or Senate giving you only 15% of what you want.

Obviously, you have no actual retort to what I said because you know I'm right. Have a nice day and enjoy losing like always.
Which part did you not understand?

I can deal with an out in the open snake (dem) because I know pretty much what I'm getting.

The likes of Hogan, not so much.....I rather not send my tax dollars to MD for some grift Hogan wants for his vote and that is the way RINOS like him roll.

Remember, Virginia borders MD and he was a dick to Virginia every chance he got.....Eight years a dick.

I got so if I was visiting the Antietam National Battlefield Park I made sure that I would spend no money in MD.

There isn’t a person in the world who is aware of the news who doesn’t see this as a political lynching.
You must mean the "news" as reported by outlets like Faux, otherwise known as Trump TV. For the rest of us, the verdict was a natural consequence of an evidence based decision by the grand jury to indict, and an evidence based decision by the jury to convict.

Even as Trump is found guilty, his attacks take toll on judicial system

For months, top advisers to Donald Trump expected that he would be convicted by a New York jury on all 34 felony counts. So Trump and his team waged an all-out war against the judicial system before the verdict came in, hoping to blunt the political damage and position him as a martyr.

They sent hundreds of fundraising appeals attacking the prosecutors and the system, raising millions of dollars on false claims. They lined up allies outside the courthouse almost every day to question the fairness of the proceedings. Trump attacked the judge, the judge’s daughter and, finally, even the jury — ordinary, anonymous New Yorkers called to perform their basic civic duty.
On Thursday, that jury convicted Trump, and the foundational democratic principle that no one is above the law withstood the first criminal trial of a former American president. Despite the attacks, the system worked as designed, analysts said.

You must mean the "news" as reported by outlets like Faux, otherwise known as Trump TV. For the rest of us, the verdict was a natural consequence of an evidence based decision by the grand jury to indict, and an evidence based decision by the jury to convict.
Oh really? Half the government leaders in the world only get Fox News?

Forum List

Back