There IS a Bacon Gene!

boedicca

Uppity Water Nymph from the Land of Funk
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 12, 2007
I knew it. I knew it. I knew it.

There IS a BACON GENE! And ones for COFFEE and DARK CHOCOLATE, too!

It's so validating to realize that one's addictions are Biologically Determined.

17 Genes For Food Preferences Identified By Italian Researchers

Someone who insists you ought to like some food you hate has a different genetic variant and should stop trying to make you suffer.

The researchers undertook genome wide association studies (GWAS) to try to unravel the genetic basis for certain food preferences. 2311 Italian subjects participated in the discovery step, while 1755 from other European countries and from Central Asia were used in order to further verify the findings. They uncovered 17 independent genes related to liking for certain foods, including artichokes, bacon, coffee, chicory, dark chocolate, blue cheese, ice cream, liver, oil or butter on bread, orange juice, plain yoghurt, white wine and mushrooms. Surprisingly, none of the genes thus identified belonged to the category of taste or smell receptors....

FuturePundit: 17 Genes For Food Preferences Identified By Italian Researchers

Well then I have all three of those genes because I love coffee, chocolate and bacon.

It's so validating to realize that one's addictions are Biologically Determined.

Someone who insists you ought to like some food you hate has a different genetic variant and should stop trying to make you suffer.

The researchers undertook genome wide association studies (GWAS) to try to unravel the genetic basis for certain food preferences. 2311 Italian subjects participated in the discovery step, while 1755 from other European countries and from Central Asia were used in order to further verify the findings. They uncovered 17 independent genes related to liking for certain foods, including artichokes, bacon, coffee, chicory, dark chocolate, blue cheese, ice cream, liver, oil or butter on bread, orange juice, plain yoghurt, white wine and mushrooms. Surprisingly, none of the genes thus identified belonged to the category of taste or smell receptors....

This racist drivel will undoubtedly be debunked soon enough.

"Buh-buh-but, LM, how can this POSSIBLY be related to racism?!" If you ask this, you're obviously blinded by your own white privilege.

If genes can cause people to like certain foods, they can cause people to hate certain foods, and if people can be genetically caused to hate food, they can be genetically caused to hate people as well. Racists are trying to justify their white supremacist bullshit with science, and it's not going to work because real scientists are going to come along behind them and prove just how unbalanced and biased this study was. You'll see.

"Buh-buh-but, LM, how can this POSSIBLY be related to racism?!" If you ask this, you're obviously blinded by your own white privilege.

If genes can cause people to like certain foods, they can cause people to hate certain foods, and if people can be genetically caused to hate food, they can be genetically caused to hate people as well. Racists are trying to justify their white supremacist bullshit with science, and it's not going to work because real scientists are going to come along behind them and prove just how unbalanced and biased this study was. You'll see.
smiley_shocked.gif
:uhoh3:

Last edited:

I'm torn between thinking you are doing satirical performance art or are really a foaming at the mouth moonbat.

In either case, you have serious post fail.

What if someone is MEANT to eat and enjoy certain foods because our souls are going to
be born and brought up in "certain countries with traditional cultural diets and choices."

What if our spiritual path in life then MANIFESTS in our genetics so that
we will enjoy the foods provided in our environment.

Can you prove it isn't a spiritual predestination FIRST
that is then manifested in both our nature and our nurture to fulfill that plan in life?

Hi LM: I would agree that some phobias, addictions, or conditoins can be traced to past generational influences or sources. And these CAN manifest in the genetics and correlate with patterns in psychology and other levels of a person's development.

Theoretical Examples:
(a) a phobia linked to past lives that is identified and healed by past-life regression therapy (this doesn't have to mean the "same person reincarnated," but that the two people in the past and future are linked spiritually and/or psychologically from two different lifetimes generations apart)
(b) past events of genocide or rape such as forced breeding of either black or white slaves by black male slaves, causing general "phobia" (against either black or white people)
born in future generations carrying the after-effects spiritually (which can influence genes)
(c) history of oppression and poverty, resulting in depression or victim mentality in people that can be "passed down" as a tendency psychologically in future generations

I don't believe in blaming or trying to manipulate the genetics.

I focus on healing the spiritual wounds, breaking the cycle on that level, so the social, physical and psychological levels can progress naturally without this unnatural oppression repeating in future generations and causing problems to escalate.

Are you stoned?

Or are you a vegan & think that because you don't eat anything that tastes good, nobody else should be allowed to?

Forum List

Back