There is an ailing 77-year-old Indigenous man named Leonard Peltier in prison for 46 years & never should have been there. Why? pardon him Sleepy Joe!

We have no actual idea if he did or not. One side is unable to tell their side of the story. So, yeah, there is a double standard.
Yeah. The trial had some .... issues. The FBI had to change some statements, probably coerce a witness ... and for some reason they were investigating the theft of a pair of cowboy boots when they entered the Rez seeking a pick up truck.

But ain't nobody gonna riot about some dying old Indian from Pine Ridge. And the FBI ain't letting him get paroled. That sucker's gonna die there

I'm not sure who you refer to as Harris and Weaver. Randy Weaver? The FBI shot him down like the did his dog, but he had a good attorney who sued .

The two agents who were killed back in 1975 were Jack R. Coler and Ronald A. Williams , but the FBI didn't have trouble finding evidence .... esp after they lost the case against the "other two Indians."

He's been in jail since the 1970s on evidence that ... the FBI changed. He's been eligible for parole for decades. He's no danger. And no, I don't think the FBI has any claim to having to protect its agents years down the road. Ruby Ridge, Waco, Atlanta. The FBI is like herpes. Getting rid of it would be worse than the disease.

And Michael Brown did reach inside that cop's car before the cop shot him. so yeah, there is a double standard.
You said you thought he was guilty. Take a stand. Is he or is he not guilty. If guilty, I will settle for the standard of Jail. If not, he needs to be released and paid a fortune for his time, lost. It is as simple as that. Don't give me equivocation based on some other situation where you think somebody else was wronged as an excuse to not enforce or punish any laws. I don't buy it.
There is not a single felony law on the books in any state, that has not been wrongfully charged at one time or another, and I readily admit, law enforcement has overstepped, killing people that should not be killed. That being the case, you cannot convince me of doing away with all laws or law enforcement.

So if you are not aware of the facts on something you comment on, maybe you don't comment on it?
Bendog was commenting on the Peltner case, referenced and linked in the Thread. I didn't anybody named Harris or Weaver mentioned in the Peltner case. I was just rejecting equivocation. Even if, wrong was done somewhere else in the country, it would not justify or impune the case at hand, no matter what the case was elsewhere or the names of the people in it. That is my comment and certainly does not mean I have to know or take a position on some Harris and Weaver case somewhere.

Bendog was commenting on the Peltner case, referenced and linked in the Thread. I didn't anybody named Harris or Weaver mentioned in the Peltner case. I was just rejecting equivocation. Even if, wrong was done somewhere else in the country, it would not justify or impune the case at hand, no matter what the case was elsewhere or the names of the people in it. That is my comment and certainly does not mean I have to know or take a position on some Harris and Weaver case somewhere.

What you said is below. He believes the FBI is wrong in the original case AND Ruby Ridge. That does not equate to no need to prosecute people anymore.

So if you are correct about Ruby Ridge, you say it is open season on the FBI anywhere and everywhere else, with no need to prosecute or jail offenders anymore? Did I get that correctly?

What you said is below. He believes the FBI is wrong in the original case AND Ruby Ridge. That does not equate to no need to prosecute people anymore.
What he said in post #3 was "Personally, I think he is guilty for what he was convicted of".
Guilty is guilty, no matter what happened somewhere else in an unrelated trial. You ever been to court or sat on a jury? Your way is not the way it works.

You said you thought he was guilty. Take a stand. Is he or is he not guilty. If guilty, I will settle for the standard of Jail. If not, he needs to be released and paid a fortune for his time, lost. It is as simple as that. Don't give me equivocation based on some other situation where you think somebody else was wronged as an excuse to not enforce or punish any laws. I don't buy it.
There is not a single felony law on the books in any state, that has not been wrongfully charged at one time or another, and I readily admit, law enforcement has overstepped, killing people that should not be killed. That being the case, you cannot convince me of doing away with all laws or law enforcement.
Well theoretically (-: I toil at law, very 'umble, I am. I've been called a nazi and a communist, so jus consider me you umble servant. (-: and I've been chained to this damn desk waffling betwixt conundrums too late to go to the gym, so I guess it's the gin again for me. (-:

Seriously, from the 1970s imo the "evidence" was fabricated to get a conviction, but he said he fired a shot, but it was "a war" with the FBI. And he was on 'the Indian nation" But generally there's no point in keeping a person in jail once they're not a threat, eligible for parole, and any rational need to get revenge is long gone.

Look at Marc Rich. He'd been literally exiled for decades. He wasn't there when his daughter died (leukemia I think) and buried. He was indicted over the oil embargo and no longer controlled his own company. Just let shit go.

He was wrongfully convicted of the murder of two FBI agents on the Pine Ridge Indian reservation in 1975.
Because you say so?

You know that there are two sides to many stories. You don’t support yours.

The FBI side of the story refutes your claim. Numerous appeals have been granted and heard. The claims of tampered-with testimony appears to be bogus. The fact that the defendant admitted having participated in the shooting of those two FBI agents (not to the police, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police who apprehended him, the FBI or the prosecution but to some CBS reporters for 60 Minutes together with ballistics to corroborate it SHOULD satisfy even the bigger skeptics that the defendant was in fact guilty.

I have no problem with him dying in prison in his late 70’s. His victims didn’t make it that far in life.

Well theoretically (-: I toil at law, very 'umble, I am. I've been called a nazi and a communist, so jus consider me you umble servant. (-: and I've been chained to this damn desk waffling betwixt conundrums too late to go to the gym, so I guess it's the gin again for me. (-:

Seriously, from the 1970s imo the "evidence" was fabricated to get a conviction, but he said he fired a shot, but it was "a war" with the FBI. And he was on 'the Indian nation" But generally there's no point in keeping a person in jail once they're not a threat, eligible for parole, and any rational need to get revenge is long gone.

Look at Marc Rich. He'd been literally exiled for decades. He wasn't there when his daughter died (leukemia I think) and buried. He was indicted over the oil embargo and no longer controlled his own company. Just let shit go.
Some say crimes should be punished. You won't find me writing any letter convincing them to keep him locked up, but I won't be petitioning the parole board for his release, either. I think the vast majority of people that got to prison, are sent because of what they did, so I don't spend much time worrying about them. Bad decisions really suck, don't they?

Jerry Ford was president in '77 but it doesn't seem as if the Ford administration had much involvement in the case. American Indian activist Peltier was Jimmy Carter's problem and Carter is still around so why don't you Indigenous activists go and see him?

Peltier is fucking guilty. The rest of this discussion Is completely pointless.

To get his side of the story:

1651357006842.png

Peltier is a French name though. i know this because of Guillaume Peltier, Zemmour's ally in France

Jerry Ford was president in '77 but it doesn't seem as if the Ford administration had much involvement in the case. American Indian activist Peltier was Jimmy Carter's problem and Carter is still around so why don't you Indigenous activists go and see him?

Ford was president for 19 days of 1977.

So, on the strength of one article, we are to release someone?
The heck with the courts.

So much for law and order.

Forum List

Back