There is something seriously wrong with this mans "mind"

Sooo...what are they commemorating when they drop the wine on the plate?

Freedom for moderate Islam?

How special.

He makes a mockery of a Jewish religious event to make POLITICAL talking points.

The man is a total talking point whore.

you know, i think he *gets* it more than the o/p.

and i figure my opinion on this subject is as valid as any neocon's.

You know i always love your opinions, and of course they are just as valid as anyone else.

I like that he is having a seder in the white house. (wondering if the WH chef makes sinkers or not :lol:)

I do not like him USING passover make bent agenda points.

i don't see him as being the one to use passover for anything. i see the o/p as having an agenda.

i also again, think it's really important to talk about freedom on passover. we are supposed to remember. yes, we're supposed to remember for our own history. but we're also, i think, supposed to think about others.

Are they all playing their wine glasses?

Poor Allie....sits here trying to tell us ALL about Passover and she doesn't even know the part where they read about the 10 plagues and everyone takes a finger, dips it in the wine and puts a drop on their plate.

:lol::lol:

Please, Allie....tell us MORE about what Passover is really for.

:lol::lol::lol:
I'm pretty sure Babble is one of the loons that spends a lot of time claiming that the Jews killed Jesus. Which is why she is using them as tools now.

She's an idiot.

:eusa_eh: I'm pretty sure she was just joking about them playing their glasses...

Jillian, really, you're okay with someone with a pro-Muslim agenda using Passover to illustrate how alike Jews and Muslims are?

Really?

No, I don't. The Anti Christ, from my understanding, is so charismatic that everyone believes him. Obama had a problem the first time he stuck his shiney shoe in the race.

The anti-christ, puh-leese. :doubt:

CaféAuLait;3546428 said:
His message was insulting IMO. It is a Jewish holiday. Muslims and Jews do not get along ( especially in the ME) and for him to take that moment to bring light onto something that has real and dangerous consequences for Israel is unreal to me.

EASTER is NOT a Jewish holiday.

Yeah, Passover is.. and that ito what he wasw referring.

Do try and keep up.

you know, i think he *gets* it more than the o/p.

and i figure my opinion on this subject is as valid as any neocon's.

You know i always love your opinions, and of course they are just as valid as anyone else.

I like that he is having a seder in the white house. (wondering if the WH chef makes sinkers or not :lol:)

I do not like him USING passover make bent agenda points.

i don't see him as being the one to use passover for anything. i see the o/p as having an agenda.

i also again, think it's really important to talk about freedom on passover. we are supposed to remember. yes, we're supposed to remember for our own history. but we're also, i think, supposed to think about others.

The whole idea is never to forget. To never let its memory dim or for history to distort it. The bitter and the sweet of it.

I just see something bit different in obamas use of the seder.

Obama, the Interpreter of the Message of Passover

Passover recalls the bondage and suffering of Jews in Egypt and the miracle of the Exodus, but U.S. President Barack Obama says its message is reflected in Muslim uprisings.

In his annual message, prior to his third straight participation in the Passover Seder, President Obama stated, “The story of Passover…instructs each generation to remember its past, while appreciating the beauty of freedom and the responsibility it entails. This year that ancient instruction is reflected in the daily headlines as we see modern stories of social transformation and liberation unfolding in the Middle East and North Africa.”

Obama, the Interpreter of the Message of Passover - A7 Exclusive Features - Israel News - Israel National News
Islamic fundamentalism cannot be construed as liberation unless you believe Mohammad was a prophet of god.

And liberation cannot be construed as based in Islamic fundamentalism without right wing propaganda and lies.

You really don't know you're stupid, do you?
No, but I do know you are...you, like fitnah, think he is talking about something he is not.

Well that's because we go by what he actually says......
Yeah.....that's quite the track-record you listeners have.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXd34OBRP18]YouTube - Rev. Jim Jones Telling It How It Is Peoples Temple Jonestown 1978[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNsQsB28Flo]YouTube - David Koresh - Final 24: His Final Hours[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqSZhwu1Rwo]YouTube - Heaven's Gate Cult Initiation Tape Part 1[/ame]

:clap2:

I don't trust Obama much. I did at first. But that's not the point. I'm not alone in my initial dreamland that he could be the one that got us out of the mess we are in.

With that said, I pity him mostly now. He had no clue what he was in for. And no matter what he says, someone is waiting to pounce to make it out of context and twist the meaning. This particular latest "report" flying around via the many biased newsrooms is just an example.
He could walk around with duct tape on his mouth and someone will STILL see it as a "sign" he is insinuating this or that.

Ludicrous.

I'm pretty much the same in thinking as you. except i never really though obama was capable. where i did hold out hope was that the country was so frustrated and obama did have such overwhelming public support that he might be able to push some change through on momentum. but out of the block he squandered the public support with very poor decisions and even worse utilization of his resources. a partisan congress. he blew a golden opportunity.

Well that's because we go by what he actually says, instead of replacing his words with what we THINK he should have said.
hahahaha! Fitnah is the one that did that. He is not talking about islamic fundamentalism throwing off their oppressive governments, you twit. He's talking about moderate muslims throwing off their oppressors.

Quit using Jews as tools, you should be ashamed of yourself.
Hey, I saw the 10 Commandments. Those mud devils made great tools for making pharohs bricks :lol:
That's mud-turtles!!!

106.gif

Obama, the Interpreter of the Message of Passover

Passover recalls the bondage and suffering of Jews in Egypt and the miracle of the Exodus, but U.S. President Barack Obama says its message is reflected in Muslim uprisings.

In his annual message, prior to his third straight participation in the Passover Seder, President Obama stated, “The story of Passover…instructs each generation to remember its past, while appreciating the beauty of freedom and the responsibility it entails. This year that ancient instruction is reflected in the daily headlines as we see modern stories of social transformation and liberation unfolding in the Middle East and North Africa.”

Obama, the Interpreter of the Message of Passover - A7 Exclusive Features - Israel News - Israel National News
Islamic fundamentalism cannot be construed as liberation unless you believe Mohammad was a prophet of god.

Even If I believed that Mo was a prophet I would also have to believe that God thinks women and blacks should be slaves, and that everyone who is not Muslims should be dead, before I could believe that Islam in any form is about freedom.

I guess you nitwits don't know that Obama didn't deliver an interpretation of passover.

For the second year running, Obama hosted an Easter prayer breakfast at the White House, and the East Room was filled with administration officials and clergy from across the country.
It was an Easter prayer breakfast. You know, that Christian holiday celebrating Jesus' cruxifiction and subsequent rising from the grave?

The story of Passover … instructs each generation to remember its past, while appreciating the beauty of freedom and the responsibility it entails. This year that ancient instruction is reflected in the daily headlines as we see modern stories of social transformation and liberation unfolding in the Middle East and North Africa.
As Jewish families gather for this joyous celebration of freedom, let us all be thankful for the gifts that have been bestowed upon us, and let us work to alleviate the suffering, poverty, injustice, and hunger of those who are not yet free.

Yep, that sounds like something I hear every time I go to Easter Sunrise service.

Jillian, really, you're okay with someone with a pro-Muslim agenda using Passover to illustrate how alike Jews and Muslims are?

Really?

What's so wrong with him drawing human inspiration from their religious story...? Are we Christians supposed to be offended when politicians invoke the spirit of giving at Christmas or the spirit of forgiveness and sacrifice at Easter...???

The underlying message is that sort of inspiration transcends religion and is fundamental to the human condition... I haven't heard of any Jews who are offended.

"the passage of the children of Israel from bondage and repression to freedom and liberty" applies to the "modern stories of liberation in the Middle East."

Obama wished Jewish families around the world a happy Passover and urged that the world must work to "alleviate the suffering, poverty, injustice, and hunger of those who are not yet free."

Really?

What's so wrong with him drawing human inspiration from their religious story...? Are we Christians supposed to be offended when politicians invoke the spirit of giving at Christmas or the spirit of forgiveness and sacrifice at Easter...???

The underlying message is that sort of inspiration transcends religion and is fundamental to the human condition... I haven't heard of any Jews who are offended.

"the passage of the children of Israel from bondage and repression to freedom and liberty" applies to the "modern stories of liberation in the Middle East."

Obama wished Jewish families around the world a happy Passover and urged that the world must work to "alleviate the suffering, poverty, injustice, and hunger of those who are not yet free."

Honestly, Valerie...this has NOTHING to do with what he said. It is simply that no matter what he does, no matter what he says...they are going to twist it into something awful.

Well of course that's what you would say, Bod. To say anything else would require some sort of substantiation and we all know how you feel about THAT.

What's wrong with Obama's mind? Let's recap...

Snubs the Israeli PM
Snubs the British PM
Refers to PAssover in the Arab context
Sits in a racist church for decades
Hangs with an unrepentant domestic terrorist
Refers to his grandmother as a "typical white woman"
Regards our Constitution as an obstacle.

Forum List

Back