Things I miss from Philly

BlueJay28

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2014
These are things that I miss from Philadelphia.

Cheesesteaks, Italian Hoagies, really first rate quality, competitive pizza, world class breads and bread products..
The philly water ice... the high quality deli lunchmeats..
First rate public transportation like the Busses and trains.

Wawa, Shoprite..

Top notch news programming.

The Gallery, The Neshaminy Mall, the Liberty Place mall...
The first rate quality healthcare.

But it isn't worth my life.. living in Philly is very dangerous.
There is a 1 in under 70 chance of being a victim of a violent crime in Philadelphia and for a time it overtook Chicago as the murder capitol of America..

And their public schools suck.
Not because of the DeJure academic standards set by the Department of Education, but because of the DeFacto violence that goes on in their public schools and the teacher's DeJure lack of control over the classrooms.

And I'm not willing to die, or fight everyday, for the right to bite into a sandwich that their street gangs turned into a privilege, and kills my mood for that sandwich in the first place.

My dad is 72 years old and he just now defeated cancer.
He's not able to handle Philly anymore...

And as a Human being... I shouldn't have to either... and I make the choice not to.

These are things that I miss from Philadelphia.

Cheesesteaks, Italian Hoagies, really first rate quality, competitive pizza, world class breads and bread products..
The philly water ice... the high quality deli lunchmeats..
First rate public transportation like the Busses and trains.

Wawa, Shoprite..

Top notch news programming.

The Gallery, The Neshaminy Mall, the Liberty Place mall...
The first rate quality healthcare.

But it isn't worth my life.. living in Philly is very dangerous.
There is a 1 in under 70 chance of being a victim of a violent crime in Philadelphia and for a time it overtook Chicago as the murder capitol of America..

And their public schools suck.
Not because of the DeJure academic standards set by the Department of Education, but because of the DeFacto violence that goes on in their public schools and the teacher's DeJure lack of control over the classrooms.

And I'm not willing to die, or fight everyday, for the right to bite into a sandwich that their street gangs turned into a privilege, and kills my mood for that sandwich in the first place.

My dad is 72 years old and he just now defeated cancer.
He's not able to handle Philly anymore...

And as a Human being... I shouldn't have to either... and I make the choice not to.

I went to public schools as well and I remember the constant threat of violence. I wish I went to a private school or had a private tutor. I think it would have been more fun.

I lived there for 4 years.
The day I decided to leave my wife was driving me into center city to work. We're going down Pine or something and it's 8:50AM, people walking all going to work.
I see at the end of the block some old bum standing by a hydrant. I watch as he turns around, drops trousers and proceeds to have projectile diarrhea on the sidewalk.
That didnt bother me.
What bothered me was everyone walking by acted like nothing unusual was going on. I told my wife, I dont want to live somewhere where a person defecating on the sidewalk is an every day occuance.
So we left.

The day I decided to leave my wife was driving me into center city to work. We're going down Pine or something and it's 8:50AM, people walking all going to work.
I see at the end of the block some old bum standing by a hydrant. I watch as he turns around, drops trousers and proceeds to have projectile diarrhea on the sidewalk.
That didnt bother me.
What bothered me was everyone walking by acted like nothing unusual was going on. I told my wife, I dont want to live somewhere where a person defecating on the sidewalk is an every day occuance.
So we left.

Just as well. You clearly don't have what it takes.

That didnt bother me.
So we left.

Just as well. You clearly don't have what it takes.
Stupidity? Masochism? Yup, I'll own those.

Forum List

Back