🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Think Carbon Dioxide is not a pollutant?

Smilodonfatalis

May 5, 2013
A lot of global warming deniers claim Carbon Dioxide is not a pollutant.

I've got an experiment I'd like them to try.

I really want them to try this.

Put your head in a plastic bag and seal it off.

See how long you can live in an atmosphere of Carbon dioxide.

Let's not take that route.

The "pollutant" argument is just semantic nonsense. An atmosphere of nitrogen or even O3 (ozone) is just as incapable of supporting life. That's not the point.

The point is that we can have too much (and too little) of a good thing. The GHGs in the atmosphere keep the Earth at a temperature comfortable for human life and all the other life that's evolved here. As has been noted, the biggest contributor to that is water vapor but CO2 and methane and a dozen other lesser compounds have their input into the process. And, of course, CO2 keeps the world's plants alive.

That our atmosphere contains some CO2 is not the result of a human choice. That it contains significantly more than it did prior to the industrial revolution IS. Unfortunately, for the most part of that period, we were ignorant of what the effect of that would be. Now we know better but, still, some folks don't want to act. They are afraid of losing the lifestyles to which they've become accustomed. And many don't like agreeing to act because they see it as a political surrender. The objections of others are religiously-based. And some are simply stupid.

AGW is quite real. It has not ended. It will hurt us all. We need to act. Those are true statements.

The most prominent element of our atmosphere is nitrogen. Limit yourself to nothing but a nitrogen atmosphere and see how long you can live.
Your premise is flawed and your experiment is idiotic. A tree would die if it had nothing but an oxygen atmosphere, does that mean oxygen is a pollutant?

A more pertinent question is "Do you believe humans should not seek to limit the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere to earlier levels because "it is not a pollutatant" or because plants need it to survive?

The most prominent element of our atmosphere is nitrogen. Limit yourself to nothing but a nitrogen atmosphere and see how long you can live.
Your premise is flawed and your experiment is idiotic. A tree would die if it had nothing but an oxygen atmosphere, does that mean oxygen is a pollutant?

Oxygen could become a pollutant, if there was too much of it in the atmosphere.

Further proof that the AGW church members will believe anything.

This whole "pollutant" nonsense is a meaningless semantical detour. To respond to it is to give the deniers precisely what they want.

Carbon Dioxide is a food for plant life that feed animals that sustain life for other animals. it's a vicious cycle

No, Warmers are not part of the Death Worshiping AGWcult

Nope

Where do we get these strange ideas about the Warmers?

I support Federal Funding of Mandatory Deprogramming for all the Warmers

Carbon Dioxide is a food for plant life that feed animals that sustain life for other animals. it's a vicious cycle

Written by the troglodyte who sent me a personal message saying "**** go to hell."

LOL! Your lack of intellect is a joke.

You do realize it was a neg response to your neg response? oh and PM discussion in open forum is a no no
Bye Bye
As for your comment can't refute the facts so you troll?

Just as an aside, do you not see a conflict between identifying yourself as a "constitutional watchdog" and accusing a broad range of political persuasion to be traitorous?

Let me guess. It wasn't the US Constitution you're trying to safeguard. Uganda's? The Third Reich's? The Stalinist's? The traitorous Confederacy's?

Last edited:

Reduce air pollution. Stop breathing. We promise to miss you. But we will enjoy the cleaner air.

Just as an aside, do you not see a conflict between identifying yourself as a "constitutional watchdog" and accusing a broad range of political persuasion to be traitorous?

Let me guess. It wasn't the US Constitution you're trying to safeguard. Uganda's? The Third Reich's? The Stalinist's? The traitorous Confederacy's?

What in the hell are you talking about? What does this have to do with this thread?

Forum List

Back