Think this is new? Amazon customers can buy a tiny home for less than $20,000

I happened to notice that some of the other cabin kits on Amazon had multiple 5-star ratings, which admittedly peaked my curiosity. The reviews for this one, for example, are hilarious:

Amazon_Cabin_Revs_1.jpg

Can these houses be built where ever you want?

Something smells fishy.

Are they allowed in white neighborhoods? If not it isn´t worth it.

Can these houses be built where ever you want?

Something smells fishy.

Are they allowed in white neighborhoods? If not it isn´t worth it.

They don't come with insulation, roofing, electrical or plumbing, and therefore don't satisfy federal & state building codes for dwellings. You could theoretically add those things, but it would make the cost skyrocket, at which point it would be cheaper to just but a modular/manufactured home like you'd typically find in a trailer park. These are basically useful as a cool looking (but expensive) shed, or a cabin for camping (alternative to a tent) or hunting (to store supplies, etc) if you have acreage.

If that’s the way people wish to live then have at it. I think cool, but that style isn’t for us. I think could fill that house with just our board games, though. lol

Do you guys have normal board games or does it look like that one Robin Willams movie?

Anyways back to topic I still think those homes are cool and would help with our homeless population.

We have some classics, but it's mostly intricate, in-depth, and, involved games.

I think this tiny house movement could help alleviate some of our issues with homelessness.
Lol
Na, not really
Once a deadbeat.... always a deadbeat

The trend is to pare down on material possessions and use space efficiently, which can hardly be defined as poverty. The trend shows in Washington state's new pro-tiny legislation. Single-room occupancies have disappeared from America, a land supposedly based on individualism. Vetting will be a traditional problem for tiny villages.

Tinies can be made semi-permanent and don't require a frame with attached wheels. It simply gets moved to another location by professionals, whose pricing should be regulated because of what we have seen in U-Haul rates out of California. Badger is now planning for Idaho, and Boise is on the cutting edge of tinies.

If that’s the way people wish to live then have at it. I think cool, but that style isn’t for us. I think could fill that house with just our board games, though. lol

Do you guys have normal board games or does it look like that one Robin Willams movie?

Anyways back to topic I still think those homes are cool and would help with our homeless population.

We have some classics, but it's mostly intricate, in-depth, and, involved games.

I think this tiny house movement could help alleviate some of our issues with homelessness.

Jobs with living wages would help more for the homeless.

An ex-homeless buying a tiny would be an inspiration for other homeless, though vetting individuals for a village would still be problematic. Nonetheless, buying-to-own can still mean an equity transfer and is an excellent perk to wrest power away from landlord-pimps who have become much too overconfident.

Forum List

Back