This American tradition Christianity ‘stuff’ must drive the Left crazy.

None of this is part of their plan for the future of America. This ‘stuff’ simply impedes their progress to degrade this nation and trash American values and traditions.
Sorry Lefties.

They really have to stop giving you Russian trolls all of this false information to work from. It just makes you look stupid when you promote this bullshit.

More than 60% of Democrats identify as Christians. Added to which, every athiest, agnostic and lapsed Christian I know of celebrates Christmas because it really isn't a Christian holiday at all.

Jesus wasn't born in December. The "Christimas Tree" was a pagan symbol to call back the Sun Goddess, and the December celebration has more to do with the tradition of the Winter Soltice than it does for the celebration of the birth of Christ.

As a Christian who reads and has done a lot of historical research on the Bible, I can go along with all of this bastardization of the Lord's birth because it's harmless stuff and anything that gets us talking about Jesus and his values of peace on earth, good will to all men, is a good thing in my books, but for these idiots to claim that "Christian traditions" are under assault, is just such utter bullshit.

Even Santa Claus is a recent tradition.

Yep, Christmas is not a Christian holiday and never has been. It is a pagan holiday that has nothing to do with Jesus, not sure why people celebrate Christmas.
Christians celebrate Christmas to celebrate the birth of Christ. Duh.

One day is as good as any other. They stole Saturnalia. So what?
Christians stole Saturnalia, eh?

Did they hide it so well that pagans couldn't find it? Did the Christians' stealing of Saturnalia actually coincide with the pagans' ceasing to observe it? Or do some still observe it, even though the Christians have it?

This new history is very interesting. Please. Tell us more.

You agree that Christmas is not a Christian holiday, eh. That it's pagan. Of course you do.

Tell us, then, won't you, what pagans started this tradition of celebrating Christ's birth.
You think you know, but you have no idea.

For instance, are you aware that it's been determined that Jesus' birth was nowhere around the time of December 24th? That it was quite some months later, or earlier (depending on perspective), during the springtime?

Did you know that?
Who doesn't know this?

Yep, Christmas is not a Christian holiday and never has been. It is a pagan holiday that has nothing to do with Jesus, not sure why people celebrate Christmas.
Guess what Pap...? We're in agreement.

However, I know why people celebrate it. And by "people", I take it you mean Christian people, well, self-proclaimed Christians at least.

It's because of tradition. Just like anything else in Christendom, people do what they see their parents and grand-parents and community do, not necessary what God says to do, even though many of these same people, believe they're doing something God says to do.

Christmas is no different.

Marc we are in agreement, I also agree about religious traditions, we seem to blindly follow.

Who doesn't know this?
Then can you give me a good reason why would Christians be celebrating a birthday during a time they KNOW that the birthday didn't occur?

Do you celebrate your birthday 4 to 5 months earlier/later? Would you?

Trump may do to denominational American Christianity what he did to the gop.
Yep. He has done long term damage to the Republican party, conservatism, and Christianity in America.

30 states, 2,623 counties and everybody but the disgusting fucks in Mexifornia and Loon York totally disagree with you.
My goodness....I didn't know that land votes and people don't. Or is that only in trumpland?

Yeah, there’s this pesky electoral system that we’ve been using for more than a century...you didn’t know about it?
It prevents the wetbacks in Mexifornia from choosing American Presidents...pretty cool huh?

None of this is part of their plan for the future of America. This ‘stuff’ simply impedes their progress to degrade this nation and trash American values and traditions.
Sorry Lefties.

They really have to stop giving you Russian trolls all of this false information to work from. It just makes you look stupid when you promote this bullshit.

More than 60% of Democrats identify as Christians. Added to which, every athiest, agnostic and lapsed Christian I know of celebrates Christmas because it really isn't a Christian holiday at all.

Jesus wasn't born in December. The "Christimas Tree" was a pagan symbol to call back the Sun Goddess, and the December celebration has more to do with the tradition of the Winter Soltice than it does for the celebration of the birth of Christ.

As a Christian who reads and has done a lot of historical research on the Bible, I can go along with all of this bastardization of the Lord's birth because it's harmless stuff and anything that gets us talking about Jesus and his values of peace on earth, good will to all men, is a good thing in my books, but for these idiots to claim that "Christian traditions" are under assault, is just such utter bullshit.

Christians celebrate Christmas to celebrate the birth of Christ. Duh.

One day is as good as any other.

Yep, if you are a sheeple.

Pagans celebrate Saturnalia. Christians celebrate Christmas. Jews celebrate Hanukah.

It's so simple, I even know a lefty who gets it.

Sorry Lefties.
Stuff like marriage is till death?

Sorry Lefties.
Although in political circles it is well accepted that the religious stereotypes are on target, the truth is our stereotypes of the religious makeup of the right and left are far from accurate.

Those on left see conservatives as Evangelical Christians although only 13% are and 22% don't even claim to be Christians.

Those on right see liberals as atheists although over 95% claim to believe in God. 52% claim Christianity as their religion.

Neither liberals nor conservatives have any plan for the future of America because neither can agree on exactly what that plan should look like much less how to accomplish it. Each side has issues but no real plan.

Last edited:
Sorry Lefties.
Yes, we need to be more like Republican Jesus instead of the actual Jesus.

Translation:
“I really miss taking advantage of those kind Christians, boy they were suckers...I wish they didn’t catch on to us...they won’t allow us filthy fucks to shit in their faces any longer.”

Jesus respected authority, law and order. You should as well.
Romans 13:1-14
Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience.

lol right so God would reject anyone who turns away asylum seekers because seeking asylum isn’t illegal.

Of course this attempt at logic you have here has nothing to do with justifying a lack of compassion for the hungry, poor and the sick which is what Jesus expected. Republicans don’t give a shit about the hungry, poor, or sick.

Don’t speak for Christians
Yes .You don't.
I am a Christian and I wonder how Trumpians can say the same.

Feed the hungry, clothe the naked, visit the prisoner. All anathema to Trumpians
Oh you are the Nancy Pelosi type Christian, where love thy illegal alien but punish the US citizen neighbor. Tell others not to pollute while you live in a house, drive a car, have waste when finished with a meal and throw trash on the streets so others have to clean it up. Yeah I got it...
Confusing faith with politics is the error of the shallow minded or the faithless. Which are you?

Who doesn't know this?
Then can you give me a good reason why would Christians be celebrating a birthday during a time they KNOW that the birthday didn't occur?

Do you celebrate your birthday 4 to 5 months earlier/later? Would you?
Those first Christians didn't have a Gregorian calendar around for some strange reason...

"What's the formula for converting the Julian calendar again?"

Sorry Lefties.

Actually, Christmas is a Christian holiday. Christians have adopted a day - whatever observations that day might have previously or otherwise entailed - in which to celebrate the birth of Christ.

Did pagans do that?

Only because Christians stole it from the Pagans. Jesus was born in the summer or early fall...according to scripture.

Sorry Lefties.
Although in political circles it is well accepted that the religious stereotypes are on target, the truth is our stereotypes of the religious makeup of the right and left are far from accurate.

Those on left see conservatives as Evangelical Christians although only 13% are and 22% don't even claim to be Christians.

Those on right see liberals as atheists although over 95% claim to believe in God. 52% claim Christianity as their religion.

Neither liberals nor conservatives have any plan for the future of America because neither can agree on exactly what that plan should look like much less how to accomplish it. Each side has issues but no real plan.
Funny how a lefty Christian goes against the number one rule about Christianity. Killing unborn and born children, just wasn't what Jesus had in mind..

I love how the left has to stop bashing Christians long enough to tell us how Christian they are. I agree that Christianity should not be political, but I wonder how the left merges their hatred of religion with their Christianity. It should be fascinating.

Funny how a lefty Christian goes against the number one rule about Christianity. Killing unborn and born children, just wasn't what Jesus had in mind..

I actually don't think Jesus opined on that subject

Sorry Lefties.

Actually, Christmas is a Christian holiday. Christians have adopted a day - whatever observations that day might have previously or otherwise entailed - in which to celebrate the birth of Christ.

Did pagans do that?

Only because Christians stole it from the Pagans. Jesus was born in the summer or early fall...according to scripture.

Facts and Christmas have never lined up.

Forum List

Back