This is a clear case of 1st degree murder - not self defense.

Locke11_21

Democrat Party - the REAL Fascist Party
Dec 31, 2011
Bay State
I am all for the right to self defense, and if it is a situation in which a person's life, and/or their family members' lives are in danger, use of lethal force is justified. However, here is a case in Texas where killing a man in supposed "self defense" was not at all self defense, but flat out 1st degree murder. In Lubbock, TX, ex-husband Chad Read was exercising his custodial rights with his son, the sorry excuse for the woman he unfortunately hooked up has a history of playing games with him and keeping their son past the time she is allowed for custody of their son. Read went to his ex-skank's boyfriend's house (Kyle Carruth) where she and her boyfriend were. Read got confrontational, but he was UNARMED. Carruth, all you have to do is look at him and realize he is a coward who isn't man enough to use his fists to settle a situation, the coward comes out with a rifle and eventually ends up killing the UNARMED Read. So, why not dial 911 and get the police out there to deal with Read??? There was no need for a firearm to be involved. Carruth should be charged with 1st degree murder in this case. Just like spineless coward, Lt. Byrd of the capitol police should be charged with 1st degree murder for killing an unarmed Ashli Babbitt.

We must never forget:
usgun-deaths-1999-2016.jpg

Most murder and suicide attempts by other means fail.

Most murder attempts by firearms fail as well. Chicago has at least twice as many wounded as killed every year by guns. And that doesn't count the number where the assailant misses his target entirely or only inflicts a flesh wound that doesn't require hospitalization and isn't reported.

I am all for the right to self defense, and if it is a situation in which a person's life, and/or their family members' lives are in danger, use of lethal force is justified. However, here is a case in Texas where killing a man in supposed "self defense" was not at all self defense, but flat out 1st degree murder. In Lubbock, TX, ex-husband Chad Read was exercising his custodial rights with his son, the sorry excuse for the woman he unfortunately hooked up has a history of playing games with him and keeping their son past the time she is allowed for custody of their son. Read went to his ex-skank's boyfriend's house (Kyle Carruth) where she and her boyfriend were. Read got confrontational, but he was UNARMED. Carruth, all you have to do is look at him and realize he is a coward who isn't man enough to use his fists to settle a situation, the coward comes out with a rifle and eventually ends up killing the UNARMED Read. So, why not dial 911 and get the police out there to deal with Read??? There was no need for a firearm to be involved. Carruth should be charged with 1st degree murder in this case. Just like spineless coward, Lt. Byrd of the capitol police should be charged with 1st degree murder for killing an unarmed Ashli Babbitt.

I dont think so.
The guy was told to leave the property and he tried to grab the firearm.
I do think the mother is a complete bitch who tried to keep the father from seeing his son and put her boyfriend in a terrible position.
The dad should have left and let the courts deal with it.

There was a clear distance created between them and Read did not continue to try to attack. That POS took aim and double tapped the guy who pissed him off. It's murder.

This is the reality you republican dog turds have created.

DeAL with it.

There was a clear distance created between them and Read did not continue to try to attack. That POS took aim and double tapped the guy who pissed him off. It's murder.
In most US jurisdictions deadly force must be exhibited to justify the use of deadly force--even by law enforcement. I am not sure about TX law, but it appears from the report, that deadly force was not warranted and should result in voluntary manslaughter charges at least.

I haven't seen the video .. Have you?

I suspect Texas is going to find that was self defense. Their laws are very much tilted to that side of the argument. Heck, they’ve had people who killed a cop get away with it claiming self defense.

If youre on someone elses personal property and causing problems and wont leave then if you get shot its your own fault. May not be how the law sees it but as far as Im concerned when youre on your property and someone else is on it then its an act of aggression to me if they are causing problems and wont leave.

I haven't seen the video .. Have you?
You can watch it here: Horrifying moment gun-wielding Texas man shoots dead partner's ex

The father was pressing his chest right up against the boyfriend and pushing him. The father threatened to take the gun from the boyfriend. The boyfriend then fired a warning shot at the ground and then tried to get around the aggressive father. As the boyfriend moved to go around the father, the father tried to grab the rifle from his hands. Then the boyfriend shot him.

Divorce and custody battles are so ugly.

Most murder attempts by firearms fail as well. Chicago has at least twice as many wounded as killed every year by guns. And that doesn't count the number where the assailant misses his target entirely or only inflicts a flesh wound that doesn't require hospitalization and isn't reported.
Murder and suicide have higher completion rate when firearms are used.

Forum List

Back