This is fitting New York doesn't like guns how about the jobs they will lose?

bigrebnc1775

][][][% NC Sheepdog
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 12, 2010
Fitting, it makes me want to buy a Remington if they move out of New York

Lawmakers from Michigan, Oklahoma, Arizona and South Carolina have all sent letters to Remington's owner, Freedom Group, in the last two weeks. Texas sent a letter to the company back in November. It's common practice for the governor's office to send such letters to companies from time to time, according to a spokeswoman.

Five states courting Remington Arms away from New York | Innovation Trail
I wished North Carolina would try to nab this company

Lawmakers from Michigan, Oklahoma, Arizona and South Carolina have all sent letters to Remington's owner, Freedom Group, in the last two weeks. Texas sent a letter to the company back in November. It's common practice for the governor's office to send such letters to companies from time to time, according to a spokeswoman.

I hear the Remington plant in New York employs 1600 people. And those are high paying jobs.

Last edited:
You're such a fat redneck haha!

*whooooooosh*

"WTF was that?"

108bexz.jpg

"Radar identifies it as a troll, sir."

I guess it'll have to depend on whether the owners of Remington care more about profits or partisanship.

I guess it'll have to depend on whether the owners of Remington care more about profits or partisanship.
Which makes no god damn sense

Sure it does.

The plant in NY is profitable. The State of NY has been subsidizing Remington to the tune of 5 million dollars in the last 4 years, and the only reason to move would be partisanship.

Is the cheap partisan nonsense enough for Remington to spend millions moving their plant, training new workers, and losing their subsidies from NY? That's the question.

Sure it does.

The plant in NY is profitable. The State of NY has been subsidizing Remington to the tune of 5 million dollars in the last 4 years, and the only reason to move would be partisanship.

Is the cheap partisan nonsense enough for Remington to spend millions moving their plant, training new workers, and losing their subsidies from NY? That's the question.

No god damn it don't
has nothing to do with partisan you god damn hack
it has to do with the anti gun agenda of New York liberals
and the high tax rate so move your god damn partisan fucked up in the head away from this thread.
And I don't give a fuck if you are a mod you are a god damn hack.

Sure it does.

No god damn it don't
and the high tax rate so move your god damn partisan fucked up in the head away from this thread.

Remington has been in NY State for 200 years now. Apparently, neither the "liberals" nor the tax rate have bothered them before.

So again, the only reason to move would be "partisanship" - the passive-aggressive kind.

And no, I'm not going to "go away" from this thread.

Sure it does.

No god damn it don't

I wish you would start taking a stand on stuff and quite giving these wishy washy answers. We never know which side of the aisle your on.

Sure it does.

No god damn it don't

Remington has been in NY State for 200 years now. Apparently, neither the "liberals" nor the tax rate have bothered them before.

So again, the only reason to move would be "partisanship" - the passive-aggressive kind.

New York has stepped over the line this time.

Sure it does.

No god damn it don't

I wish you would start taking a stand on stuff and quite giving these wishy washy answers. We never know which side of the aisle your on.

What did I say that was confusing?

No god damn it don't

There are two possible reasons why the company would move. Either financial reasons, or political (partisan) reasons.

Since there's no reason to think that the new laws in NY would impact Remington's financials, that only leaves partisan reasons.

The fact that the story in the OP is about politicians asking Remington to move, rather than Remington actually planning to move kinda proves my point.

Remington's headquarters are already in North Carolina. Madison to be exact.

The headquarters is not exactly the same as the factory.

There are two possible reasons why the company would move. Either financial reasons, or political (partisan) reasons.

Since there's no reason to think that the new laws in NY would impact Remington's financials, that only leaves partisan reasons.

The fact that the story in the OP is about politicians asking Remington to move, rather than Remington actually planning to move kinda proves my point.

maybe Remington needs to move to more friendly states that aren't so much on draining company's dry with taxes.
New York needs to burn

maybe Remington needs to move to more friendly states that aren't so much on draining company's dry with taxes.
New York needs to burn

Again, Remington has had that factory in NY for 200 years. Apparently the taxes aren't that "draining", or they would have moved a long time ago.

You're advocating that Remington move for so some of punitive reason - to "punish" NY.

That's a partisan reason by definition.

New York needs to burn

Again, Remington has had that factory in NY for 200 years. Apparently the taxes aren't that "draining", or they would have moved a long time ago.

You're advocating that Remington move for so some of punitive reason - to "punish" NY.

That's a partisan reason by definition.

New York hasn't been anti gun for 200 years and has not had high taxes for 200 years.
THE END.
you are correct New York needs to be punished. They need to see the error of their anti gun agenda.

Last edited:

The headquarters is not exactly the same as the factory.

What, you think the factory in NY has a gift shop?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back