This is how I define Whites.

Actually I would describe myself as Neapolitan...
View attachment 591407
Red neck, white ass and brown as hell in the summer.

I have mostly German ancestry, followed by Czechoslovakian, and a small smattering of English, Irish and Apache Indian. I believe that if it was't for the Apache, I would have no tint whatsoever. I still get burned as hell all summer though. :D

But when shove comes to push, I think that most people of ALL ethnicities prefer, for example, to live in a "White" (or possibly Asian) neighborhood and send their children to a "White" or Asian school.
My apologies to English learners.

It should be "when push comes to shove."

Whites:
The light skinned people, who are being judged to be morally inferior, because they are being judged to be racist, in this day and age.
I believe it is best not to define whites at all. We are all of the same human race.

When people came to this country, massacred Native Americans and stole the land, they immediately defined who was white and who was not so only certain people would qualify to be given land. It was a social construct made up to put certain people in authority over other people.

il_fullxfull.2735833770_mnzd.jpg

Up in the NW corner.

If you move into the east, south, G.T.F.O.
Is that the official Colorism pallette that Black people use to discriminate against dark skinned Black people?

All whites aren't judged that way and your definition ignores 403 years of racist behavior.
Show me an ethnicity or race that isn't "racist". Blacks are racist, Latinos are racist, Asians are racist. Homo Sapiens are hardwired by evolution to favor people who look like they do and are members of their group, clan, family or tribe.

Show me an ethnicity or race that isn't "racist". Blacks are racist, Latinos are racist, Asians are racist. Homo Sapiens are hardwired by evolution to favor people who look like they do and are members of their group, clan, family or tribe.
Racism is the belief that groups of humans possess different behavioral traits corresponding to inherited attributes and can be divided based on the superiority of one race over another. - wikipedia

I agree that there is an innate tendency to want to be around people who are like us. I think that's preference, a greater liking of one alternative over another. I think it is about being comfortable with someone you believe you know because they are so much like you. I don't think it has to be hateful, racist or unchangeable. I don't think it necessarily comes from thinking that we are superior to other groups. That would be racist. I think that as we expand our groups, clans, tribes, we may discover that we are more alike than we are different and may eventually group ourselves according to our likes and dislikes, not our skin color or nationality.

Racism is the belief that groups of humans possess different behavioral traits corresponding to inherited attributes and can be divided based on the superiority of one race over another. - wikipedia
The definition of racism changes so much, it doesn't mean anything.

Nobody lives 403 years
Correct. Individuals do not live 403 years, but things that have been done by individuals in the past can still effect today. I have read "Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome" by Dr. Joy Degruy and "Slavery, the African American Psychic Trauma by Abdul Latif. Both interesting. There is also a book titled "Breaking the Chains of Psychological Slavery by Na'im Akbar. (In his seminal treatise on the residual effects of slavery, Akbar (1996) maintained the social and psychological impact of enslavement persisted across generations and still affects the African American personality.)

What I don't understand about the initial post is who is doing this judging of white folks. I don't hear or see any such judgement where I am. If stating facts about the past isn't allowed then we can not learn from it. If pointing out the errors in our country's history isn't allowed then we are not being totally honest with ourselves as a nation.

If someone accuses me of something I had nothing to do with, I simply dismiss it. I do not let it bother me. If, however, there is even a tiny little bit of truth in that judgement it can cause guilt and defensiveness. And defensiveness is what seems to be the biggest response when someone is called a racist or an immoral person. As someone once said, "I think he doth protest too much!"

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Correct. Individuals do not live 403 years, but things that have been done by individuals in the past can still effect today. I have read "Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome" by Dr. Joy Degruy and "Slavery, the African American Psychic Trauma by Abdul Latif. Both interesting. There is also a book titled "Breaking the Chains of Psychological Slavery by Na'im Akbar. (In his seminal treatise on the residual effects of slavery, Akbar (1996) maintained the social and psychological impact of enslavement persisted across generations and still affects the African American personality.)

What I don't understand about the initial post is who is doing this judging of white folks. I don't hear or see any such judgement where I am. If stating facts about the past isn't allowed then we can not learn from it. If pointing out the errors in our country's history isn't allowed then we are not being totally honest with ourselves as a nation.

If someone accuses me of something I had nothing to do with, I simply dismiss it. I do not let it bother me. If, however, there is even a tiny little bit of truth in that judgement it can cause guilt and defensiveness. And defensiveness is what seems to be the biggest response when someone is called a racist or an immoral person. As someone once said, "I think he doth protest too much!"
Post traumatic slave syndrome would be experienced by former slaves, not their descendants

Incorrect. The whole point of the books is to teach us that trauma passes from generation to generation.
And the only way you could test what you just said is to ask descendants of slaves about it.

Have you never heard when psychiatrists are trying to explain the behavior of a serial killer or mass shooter? They always go back to their childhoods and talk about the problems in their family history to explain it. Sometimes it goes way back.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Is that the official Colorism pallette that Black people use to discriminate against dark skinned Black people?
Colorism was created by whites who gave lighter skinned blacks more privileges during slavery and Jim Crow.

Try again.

Molly is ignorant and she like the other racists try using that I was not alive bs. She wasn't alive on July 4, 1776, but she'll celebrate that day and understand how that past event affects her right now. Only when whites like her are held to account and responsibility is required of them, do we start seeing excuses.

Show me a race in America that created a constitution that denied rights by race, implemented laws and policies denying opportunities based on race, and enforced their racism by the rule of law. Humans are wired to favor other humans. Members of families tribes and clans can be multi racial.

Incorrect. The whole point of the books is to teach us that trauma passes from generation to generation.
And the only way you could test what you just said is to ask descendants of slaves about it.

Have you never heard when psychiatrists are trying to explain the behavior of a serial killer or mass shooter? They always go back to their childhoods and talk about the problems in their family history to explain it. Sometimes it goes way back.
For someone to have a syndrome, you must experience the trauma.

This is how I define "Whites."

A group of people that contains some nice people and some bad people.

When compared with the other ethnicities, "Whites" are not the "best."

They are simply, IMHO, the "least bad."

In fact, there are a lot of people in the OTHER ethnicities that are nicer than a lot of "Whites."

But when shove comes to push, I think that most people of ALL ethnicities prefer, for example, to live in a "White" (or possibly Asian) neighborhood and send their children to a "White" or Asian school.
be careful or they will come at 3am to cancel you.

Show me a race in America that created a constitution that denied rights by race, implemented laws and policies denying opportunities based on race, and enforced their racism by the rule of law. Humans are wired to favor other humans. Members of families tribes and clans can be multi racial.
Show me the laws and policies that apply today. Quit dredging up the past.

Forum List

Back