🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

THIS is why you don't do Early Voting

Greg Gianforte's assault charge puts Republicans in a lose-lose situation in Montana - CNNPolitics.com

I don't care if it would cost a Republican 1 seat in the House, people should vote with all the information available, and early voting eliminates that for many people.

I would go with 24 hour or even 36 hour voting, but no mail in unless proven absentee, no 3 weeks to vote. If you can't get to a poll in a 36 hour window, than you don't deserve to vote.
Doesn't bother me he taught that rude,disrespectful,democrat plant,joke of a "journalist" a lesson. That clown GRABBED the candidate by the wrist after the candidate tried pushing the recorder out of his face after he had told the clown to talk to his media guy about what he was asking about. It was a 100% set up.
Grabbed him by the throat with both hands and slammed him to the ground, you mean?

Anyone got video? Or do we take the word of the "Hate Trump First" Media?
Ask Fox? They're the ones reporting the headline that the reporter touched him first. They are also the ones saying he slammed the guy to the ground, hands around his neck. Maybe the reporter did grab his wrist first. Who knows or cares. If the people of Montana don't care that this is how their senator behaves, that's up to them, I guess. In our state, though, people can change their vote on an early/absentee ballot. That would be more fair.
Montana Assault Witness Changes Story, Says No Neck Grab

Nope.
Don't tell me another media skank lied? No.....

Greg Gianforte's assault charge puts Republicans in a lose-lose situation in Montana - CNNPolitics.com

I don't care if it would cost a Republican 1 seat in the House, people should vote with all the information available, and early voting eliminates that for many people.

I would go with 24 hour or even 36 hour voting, but no mail in unless proven absentee, no 3 weeks to vote. If you can't get to a poll in a 36 hour window, than you don't deserve to vote.
many people, regardless of your failed attempt to smear this guy would still vote for him, and many undecideds would vote for him just because he gave this media scum what he deserved.

Where did I smear him? I am just using the event as an example of why early voting sucks.
Why do liberals want to keep conservatives from voting?

If you can't get to a poll in a 36 hour window, and you aren't actually an absentee, honestly I don't want you voting.
Good, another commie trying to keep Americans from voting. Why you show up at the polls and try and stop us?

have you ever read ANY of my previous posts before yelling "Commie"

Fuck off.

What the fuck are you talking about "try to stop us"?

It is also a state where you can vote by mail -- and, according to figures from the secretary of state, more than 250,000 ballots had already been returned as of Tuesday. That's roughly seven in 10 of all ballots election officials expect to be cast. (In the 2016 general election, just north of 507,000 votes were cast.)

Doesn't bother me he taught that rude,disrespectful,democrat plant,joke of a "journalist" a lesson. That clown GRABBED the candidate by the wrist after the candidate tried pushing the recorder out of his face after he had told the clown to talk to his media guy about what he was asking about. It was a 100% set up.
Grabbed him by the throat with both hands and slammed him to the ground, you mean?

Ask Fox? They're the ones reporting the headline that the reporter touched him first. They are also the ones saying he slammed the guy to the ground, hands around his neck. Maybe the reporter did grab his wrist first. Who knows or cares. If the people of Montana don't care that this is how their senator behaves, that's up to them, I guess. In our state, though, people can change their vote on an early/absentee ballot. That would be more fair.

Let's see the video and let's hear what BOTH sides have to say. I've seen too many lies from the media to trust any of them, Fox included.

If there was an assault, file charges and let a judge and jury decide. That is why we have courts. To suggest changing your vote after reading an uncorroborated news story the day before an election, well, that is just stupid.

many people, regardless of your failed attempt to smear this guy would still vote for him, and many undecideds would vote for him just because he gave this media scum what he deserved.

Where did I smear him? I am just using the event as an example of why early voting sucks.

If you can't get to a poll in a 36 hour window, and you aren't actually an absentee, honestly I don't want you voting.
Good, another commie trying to keep Americans from voting. Why you show up at the polls and try and stop us?

Fuck off.

Well, what do you call it when you say early voters should be allowed to vote if they can't meet "your" requirements? I'd say that qualifies as trying to keep people from voting. I early vote all the time because I can't stand in a long line, so go for it, try and stop us.

Fuck off.

Well, what do you call it when you say early voters should be allowed to vote if they can't meet "your" requirements? I'd say that qualifies as trying to keep people from voting. I early vote all the time because I can't stand in a long line, so go for it, try and stop us.

3 weeks of voting gives far too much time for shenanigans. If you are not honestly away from your home during the election and are actually an "absentee" then why is asking you to hit a polling place in a 36 hour window so difficult?

Fuck off.

3 weeks of voting gives far too much time for shenanigans. If you are not honestly away from your home during the election and are actually an "absentee" then why is asking you to hit a polling place in a 36 hour window so difficult?
Well gee Marty, I already answered that. Was that not the answer you wanted to hear? Why do you not want old people, who mostly vote conservative, not to vote?

Fuck off.

Well gee Marty, I already answered that. Was that not the answer you wanted to hear? Why do you not want old people, who mostly vote conservative, not to vote?

Again, if they are infirm, they get an absentee ballot due to be postmarked by election day. It's worked just fine for decades.

36 hours is more than enough time to get to the polls even if you are disabled, but not infirm.

It is also a state where you can vote by mail -- and, according to figures from the secretary of state, more than 250,000 ballots had already been returned as of Tuesday. That's roughly seven in 10 of all ballots election officials expect to be cast. (In the 2016 general election, just north of 507,000 votes were cast.)

Republicans will try to use this as just another reason to suppress voting along with the rest of their bag of cheating.

Republicans will try to use this as just another reason to suppress voting along with the rest of their bag of cheating.

how is a 36 hour voting window suppression?

Absentee ballots would still be allowed, they would just have to be postmarked by election day.

Fuck off.

Again, if they are infirm, they get an absentee ballot due to be postmarked by election day. It's worked just fine for decades.

36 hours is more than enough time to get to the polls even if you are disabled, but not infirm.
Why do completely ignore the FACT that many elderly cannot stand in lines for a long time? No, all you want to do is keep elderly conservatives from voting based on whatever lib scum agenda you have.

how is a 36 hour voting window suppression?

Absentee ballots would still be allowed, they would just have to be postmarked by election day.

For poor people or the elderly who can't simply hop in a car or even get on a bus the mail in ballot is the only option. Doing away with mail in voting is one of the things Republicans already do to suppress those votes. It isn't brain surgery, there should be a simple solution to deal with a situation like this where so many people want to rescind their ballot because a day before an election a candidate loses his shit.

Take it to the worst conclusion and say a candidate shoots someone on video and there isn't any doubt he/she did it. What then. A mechanism will have to be put in place to deal with this, even though this entire case is rare to begin with.

Fuck off.

Why do completely ignore the FACT that many elderly cannot stand in lines for a long time? No, all you want to do is keep elderly conservatives from voting based on whatever lib scum agenda you have.

Again, 36 hours, plenty of time to cut the lines down.

Again, 36 hours, plenty of time to cut the lines down.
Ok, since you won't honesty reply, why do you want the elderly to be forced to stand on long line when they can't, many times? I'm just asking as I don't expect an honest answer from you.

Doing America proud! Shoulda stomped his face.
For being a pushy reporter? How does that make America proud?

Ignoring reports of what happened gets you nowhere.

Nope.
Minor detail. Laura Ingraham worked hard to sweat that change in detail out of Acuna, and the thing is, what difference does it make? The guy assaulted the obnoxious reporter. Acuna didn't say, "Golly, he didn't really slam him to the ground and punch him." No, HE DID THAT. At least according to her. Maybe the guy is a little too reactive to stress? Being a senator is even harder once you get to D.C., isn't it? Do you think it's going to get less stressful? Why are you defending him? Because he's an unknown Republican from Montana? This doesn't make a lot of sense.

Ignoring reports of what happened gets you nowhere.
I didn't. I actually read the links.

Then you know the report says the reporter stuck a microphone in his face after being told to get out.

Nope.
Minor detail. Laura Ingraham worked hard to sweat that change in detail out of Acuna, and the thing is, what difference does it make? The guy assaulted the obnoxious reporter. Acuna didn't say, "Golly, he didn't really slam him to the ground and punch him." No, HE DID THAT. At least according to her. Maybe the guy is a little too reactive to stress? Being a senator is even harder once you get to D.C., isn't it? Do you think it's going to get less stressful? Why are you defending him? Because he's an unknown Republican from Montana? This doesn't make a lot of sense.

I'm not defending him, but I trust an unknown Republican "Citizen" more than the media. Let the court decide what happened.

Forum List

Back