This never entered my mind

First, I am not arguing that they can, I am saying they shouldn't be allowed. If you can vote in United States elections when living full time in another country, I should then be able to vote in California's elections so that I can help defeat all the Liberal jerks running for any office there. What's the difference??????????

There is a lot of difference. Cali's tax laws do not impact you, but for an Ex-pat the Fed tax laws still impact them.

Do you not remember the old phrase "no taxation without representation".

First, I am not arguing that they can, I am saying they shouldn't be allowed. If you can vote in United States elections when living full time in another country, I should then be able to vote in California's elections so that I can help defeat all the Liberal jerks running for any office there. What's the difference??????????
If you have a bonafide residence there you can

I just learned that 80,000 Americans are living in Lebanon. Just how many more Americans are living in countries that we consider our enemies? That number could exceed a million. Should all these so-called Americans be allowed to vote in our elections? If they choose to abandon their country, why should they have the right to vote and determine which political party is in power? What say you?
Who said they were abandoning anything? Borders are a statist concept anyway, meant to hem in the sheeple. Remember that the next time you go to the baahr!

#SHRUG

Of course they should be allowed to vote. Who are you to suggest otherwise?

You said, and I quote...If you don't live here, you don't vote here.

You made no exceptions.
I continue to feel that if you don't live in the US, you don't vote in the US. If you think they have that right, I should also have the right to vote in any state I don't live in. Same damn situation.

There is a lot of difference. Cali's tax laws do not impact you, but for an Ex-pat the Fed tax laws still impact them.

Do you not remember the old phrase "no taxation without representation".
You have not been paying attention with Joe and Kamala and the corrupted prog congress then.

I continue to feel that if you don't live in the US, you don't vote in the US. If you think they have that right, I should also have the right to vote in any state I don't live in. Same damn situation.

With no exceptions?

But hey, get the Fed Govt to quit taxing ex-pats and I can go along with that.

I just learned that 80,000 Americans are living in Lebanon. Just how many more Americans are living in countries that we consider our enemies? That number could exceed a million. Should all these so-called Americans be allowed to vote in our elections? If they choose to abandon their country, why should they have the right to vote and determine which political party is in power? What say you?
Wait Lebanon is not considered an enemy …. Half of the Lebanese people are Christians most of them being Maronite Catholic.

May Jesus protect the honorable, beautiful people of Lebanon

If you are at all interested see #13
Here’s the issue. And the first place the USA should not be involved in Middle Eastern wars. It’s not about humanitarian issues or supporting the good guys. Because we don’t ever see our media or politicians talking about the wars in the Sudan, the catastrophic issue in Haiti or the war in Myanmar.

Hezbollah and Israel have a problem. That’s their own problem to sort out. If were going to bring up the 1980s marine barracks attack by Hezbollah we have to bring up Israel attacking the USS liberty. Israel spying on America via people like Jonathan Pollard. And things like that.

Here’s what I know …..there are more Christians in Lebanon compared to Israel. I’m not gonna be against Lebanese people.

There’s a lot of older American veterans , white and black who are living in South America or the Philippines or in Thailand and they are retired. They ought to be able to vote. Most of them will probably vote for our guy Trump. As most of these types of people are alpha leaning males.

Perhaps also to your point look at how much money APAC raises for Israel. We’re talking hundreds of millions of dollars. They directly influence our election. They are so powerful. They’ve been able to kick out some of the Democrats “squad” members and replace them with Democrats who support Israel. They’ve spent millions of dollars doing this. They should be forced to register as a foreign entity.

There are minimal donations for Arab causes. It’s basically nothing compared to the Zionist lobby in America.

But the main point is if any American citizens are working for foreign interests, whether Saudi Arabia, Lebanon or Israel they should be registered as a foreign entity.

Here’s what I know …..there are more Christians in Lebanon compared to Israel. I’m not gonna be against Lebanese people.

Amen. As a Christian, I feel that way too.

I find it sad that so many here are led around like marionettes by the powers-that-shouldn't-be, when it comes to who we should hate or not hate. I have no trust at all for the PTSB, and it's sad to see so many people put their trust in them when we've been lied to over and over, especially when it comes to war.

There are rules and laws and your “feefees” mean nothing

Forum List

Back