Thousands of Pages of Allegations Against Chicago Priests to be Released

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Lawyers Will Release Tuesday Thousands Of Pages Of Details Of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Chicago-Area Catholic Priests [bold is mine]

By Arjun Kashyap,on January 21 2014

Is Francis behind this? Opening up records to perhaps find more abusers and help the victimized heal?

I've always wondered about the fascination with Catholic priests abusing youth and how little attention is paid to other child-molesters. Anyhow, read more @ Lawyers Will Release Tuesday Thousands Of Pages Of Details Of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Chicago-Area Catholic Priests and, yes, it has an annoying popup.

30 priests...none of whom remains in the priesthood and most of whom are dead. Quite a small number of men, given the size of the Chicago Archdiocese and the period of time covered (many decades).

The potential for slander (publication of false and defamatory) is great, and for what benefit?

As a life-long RC, I long ago concluded that the Church has unwittingly created an inviting lifestyle for misanthropes, homosexuals, and child molesters, all in the interest of nurturing a celibate, holy priesthood.

The amazing thing is not how many pederasts got through the system and were able to victimize little boys, but why not more of such monsters became priests.

Despite the mountain of allegations against "The Priesthood" the percentage of priests who were dirty at any given time was strikingly small - a couple percent - for anyone who in interested in facts rather than inflammatory headlines.

This whole episode, over the past thirty years, has provided cover for armies of anti-Catholic bigots whose REAL gripe against the Church is that it teaches the reality of sin and morality, calls them to task for their laziness and sinful lifestyles, and unapologetically professes to know The Truth. For "modern thinkers" who insist that there is no truth, but only viewpoint, Catholicism is untenable.

Forum List

Back