Tight margins

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

It looks like Biden has won the vote in Georgia following the recount. However I was struck by the fact that trump picked up nearly 50% of the vote in that state and just fell short by a few votes.

And for that, he picks up zero votes in the electoral college.

Now I am no fan of trump but that just seems a very unhealthy state of affairs. Over 2 million Georgian voters need not have bothered to vote and that isnt good for democracy in the long run.

I know that it cuts both ways but there must be a better way of doing this. One that actually reflects the number of votes cast.

It looks like Biden has won the vote in Georgia following the recount. However I was struck by the fact that trump picked up nearly 50% of the vote in that state and just fell short by a few votes.

Now I am no fan of trump but that just seems a very unhealthy state of affairs. Over 2 million Georgian voters need not have bothered to vote and that isnt good for democracy in the long run.

I know that it cuts both ways but there must be a better way of doing this. One that actually reflects the number of votes cast.
The recount is a sham. Recounting invalid ballots from fraud mail in ballots wasn’t ever going to change anything. We said that last week.

Let ALL America's votes count equally then.

The one w/the most votes nationwide, wins.

That's the most fair.

What say you?

The recount is a sham. Recounting invalid ballots from fraud mail in ballots wasn’t ever going to change anything. We said that last week.
tenor.gif

Let ALL America's votes count equally then.

The one w/the most votes nationwide, wins.

That's the most fair.

What say you?
It seems to be the most obvious solution. I think it would break the duopoly as well.

Biden would have still won without Georgia.

Now the Bush/Gore election...

Why. Because Trump still loses? Same things gonna happen in WI...and MI...and PA (if you pull the second two off).
Time to grow a pair and move on. Trump lost.

You stole it. If it stands. Who needs this government if this is the way it is. Non Progs need hard liners to start running like Progs are. Vicious and violent if need be. Even if they have to carry weapons and the people around them armed to the teeth. This may be doable.

I say go with the popular vote to eliminate that kind of disparity. We're about 70% of the way there already. Another 75 elector's worth of states to sign on to the Compact, and its done.

We are not a democracy, we are a republic.

Forum List

Back