Tim Geithner deliberately told to LIE by the WHITEHOUSE

This penchant for lying by dems has been building. They're the party of outright, in-your-face-lies now. They make no pretense of it. They know their base is uninformed and will believe those lies.

Who can tell us how Social Security contributes to the deficit?

Social Security is paid for by the payroll tax. It has never required funding from the general fund of the federal government to pay its recipients.

All of Social Security's payouts are made from the payroll tax revenues plus interest on the bonds in the Trust Fund.

Someone wants to prove otherwise, by all means, try.

I found a multitude of articles written by reps from both sides of the aisle. Of coure, the dems say no and the GOP say yes.

Then there is this...

Social Security's shortfalls are adding to the federal budget deficit, in a roundabout way. One big reason: The rest of the government has been running such huge deficits over the years that it has spent all of the surpluses accumulated by Social Security.

Here's how it works: For nearly three decades Social Security produced big surpluses, collecting more in taxes than it paid in benefits. The government, however, spent that money on other programs, reducing the amount it had to borrow from the public, including foreign investors. That's why some advocates complain that Congress has "raided" Social Security.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/fact-check-social-security-adds-budget-deficit-161813776.html

Social Security does NOT have shortfalls. That is where you make your first mistake.

So, in other words....proof means nothing to you because you will simply deny the basis of the proof.

And, of course, you will ignore the logic of the basis.

This penchant for lying by dems has been building. They're the party of outright, in-your-face-lies now. They make no pretense of it. They know their base is uninformed and will believe those lies.

And the media will say, "nothing to see here," and if they report on it at all it won't be an attempt to discover facts but rather an attempt to make Republicans look like their attempts to find facts are part of an unworthy agenda.

I found a multitude of articles written by reps from both sides of the aisle. Of coure, the dems say no and the GOP say yes.

Then there is this...

Social Security's shortfalls are adding to the federal budget deficit, in a roundabout way. One big reason: The rest of the government has been running such huge deficits over the years that it has spent all of the surpluses accumulated by Social Security.

Here's how it works: For nearly three decades Social Security produced big surpluses, collecting more in taxes than it paid in benefits. The government, however, spent that money on other programs, reducing the amount it had to borrow from the public, including foreign investors. That's why some advocates complain that Congress has "raided" Social Security.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/fact-check-social-security-adds-budget-deficit-161813776.html

Social Security does NOT have shortfalls. That is where you make your first mistake.

So, in other words....proof means nothing to you because you will simply deny the basis of the proof.

A Social Security shortfall would be if Social Security's payouts for the year exceed its income for that year.

That has not happened, therefore, you are wrong and I am right.

White House Wanted Him to Lie, Claims a Former Obama Cabinet Official | LibertyNEWS.com
“I remember during one Roosevelt Room prep session before I appeared on the Sunday shows, I objected when Dan Pfeiffer wanted me to say Social Security didn’t contribute to the deficit. It wasn’t a main driver of our future deficits, but it did contribute. Pfeiffer said the line was a ‘dog whistle’ to the left, a phrase I had never heard before. He had to explain that the phrase was code to the Democratic base, signaling that we intended to protect Social Security.” - See more at: White House Wanted Him to Lie, Claims a Former Obama Cabinet Official | LibertyNEWS.com

Gee......The White House lied.........

There's news. :D

Would you like to prove that Social Security is paying out more than it's taking in, and therefore is adding materially to the deficit?

White House Wanted Him to Lie, Claims a Former Obama Cabinet Official | LibertyNEWS.com
“I remember during one Roosevelt Room prep session before I appeared on the Sunday shows, I objected when Dan Pfeiffer wanted me to say Social Security didn’t contribute to the deficit. It wasn’t a main driver of our future deficits, but it did contribute. Pfeiffer said the line was a ‘dog whistle’ to the left, a phrase I had never heard before. He had to explain that the phrase was code to the Democratic base, signaling that we intended to protect Social Security.” - See more at: White House Wanted Him to Lie, Claims a Former Obama Cabinet Official | LibertyNEWS.com

Another rightwinger too retarded to know that this wasn't a lie.

A Social Security shortfall would be if Social Security's payouts for the year exceed its income for that year.

That has not happened, therefore, you are wrong and I am right.

come out of your bubble little boy.

Another rightwinger too retarded to know that this wasn't a lie.

Look, there is one cookie jar and it has several exposed compartments. The cookie jar is raided beyond depletion. When one compartment is investigated and money is funneled from another place temporarily into that compartment it creates the illusion that there are sufficient funds in order to fool people.

I remember when people like Ron Suskind left the Bush administration and admitted all the terrible lies behind the Iraq Invasion. I also remember that nobody on the right took him seriously.

I wish the OP would read this book by the former Bush insider:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Way_of_the_World_(book)

Does the OP only cares about lies told by the "other side"?

All political administrations craft talking points. Problem is, the talking points surrounding the Iraq War lead to 4,000+ dead bodies.

Everyone knows that SS will contribute to future deficits starting in 12-18 years; and everyone knows the Dems will try to protect it. And everyone knows that every administration is full of shit. Problem is, true believers don't think their party is full of shit.

Liberty News has the inside track, right?

Ah, you've decided the WH lied and not Liberty News...

Liberty News has the inside track, right?

So you're saying Timmy was FORCED to write the book that he wrote that substantiates this thread? Was he held at gunpoint?

I remember when people like Ron Suskind left the Bush administration and admitted all the terrible lies behind the Iraq Invasion. I also remember that nobody on the right took him seriously.

I wish the OP would read this book by the former Bush insider:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Way_of_the_World_(book)

Does the OP only cares about lies told by the "other side"?

All political administrations craft talking points. Problem is, the talking points surrounding the Iraq War lead to 4,000+ dead bodies.

Everyone knows that SS will contribute to future deficits starting in 12-18 years; and everyone knows the Dems will try to protect it. And everyone knows that every administration is full of shit. Problem is, true believers don't think their party is full of shit.

I remember when Bush wasn't the scapegoat of every liberal misdeed....no wait, I actually dont.

Outrageous! Politicians tried to shape Sunday talk show comments! I am shocked! WTF are they thinking? Anyone who speaks for the administration should be able to say anything they want about any subject. Who the fuck do they think they are trying to manage what their spokespeople say?

Ah, you've decided the WH lied and not Liberty News...
Obamaturdinmouth has been proven to be a liar. He speaks, he lies.

Social Security doesn't contibute to the deficit.

Tell me, when there is a shortfall in payroll taxes and the SS administration has to cash out bonds to make up the difference, where does the money come from? Can you say the general fund?

Forum List

Back