Time for an upgrade.

RWNJ

Gold Member
Oct 22, 2015
I was looking at some new games for the PC. I also found a site that will check your hardware to see if you can run them. Well, there are several games that my PC can't run. Does anyone know of any affordable gaming laptops? By affordable, I'm thinking of 1,200 dollars or less. Any help would be appreciated.

For $1200 surely you can build a gaming PC, depending on the game and settings. Laptops and gaming just won't cut it, if you are playing some high intense FPS type game.

I don't game much anymore, just pass the time now and again with them. Back when I did game with more frequency I would always operate on a middle of the road system with a high end video card and it served me quite well.

I was looking at some new games for the PC. I also found a site that will check your hardware to see if you can run them. Well, there are several games that my PC can't run. Does anyone know of any affordable gaming laptops? By affordable, I'm thinking of 1,200 dollars or less. Any help would be appreciated.

Gaming laptop is an oxymoron.

If you want a good gaming rig, build a desktop machine.

• Banned

@ you and shocked Canadian: That may have been true at one time, but gaming laptops can handle any game out there. They're expensive, but they get the job done. Check out some of the gaming laptops from Origin and you'll see what I mean.

@ you and shocked Canadian: That may have been true at one time, but gaming laptops can handle any game out there. They're expensive, but they get the job done. Check out some of the gaming laptops from Origin and you'll see what I mean.

Again, I suppose it depends on the game, the performance (or quality) you want, and how serious you are as a gamer. I was never a serious gamer so I as ok with not breaking the bank to have top of the line gear. I would be very happy to have low settings and get 40-50 fps. Some people want to play max settings and get 80+. Big difference in game play, and costs. At the high end, I can't imagine that a laptop would outperform some heatsinked gaming desktop.

• Banned

Again, I suppose it depends on the game, the performance (or quality) you want, and how serious you are as a gamer. I was never a serious gamer so I as ok with not breaking the bank to have top of the line gear. I would be very happy to have low settings and get 40-50 fps. Some people want to play max settings and get 80+. Big difference in game play, and costs. At the high end, I can't imagine that a laptop would outperform some heatsinked gaming desktop.
Take a gander at this. Sure, there are better desktop rigs, but some people need to be mobile, and this puppy will do the job.

https://www.originpc.com/gaming/laptops/eon15-x/

Take a gander at this. Sure, there are better desktop rigs, but some people need to be mobile, and this puppy will do the job.

https://www.originpc.com/gaming/laptops/eon15-x/

8gb RAM in 2017? :badgrin: FAIL! Modern games use about 11GB

Idk, if you're hellbent on a laptop, you're gonna have a bad time. Maybe check out Alienware, idk, or Asus.

Be prepared to cough up $2700 or so, though.

Forum List

Back