Time to Emphasize Language Learning

I think the emphasis should be on learning the GD language that is predominantly spoken in the GD country you're living in. It's rude to expect everyone to learn your motherf*cking language, because that would mean that we all have to learn over 150 GD languages to not leave anyone out.
It's called displacement...

as a result of American companies doing business all over the world
No
American companies do business all over the world because of a universal language - which is English.
That is inarguable.
The progs can't stand it that the dominate language is English - "white privilege". You have well known, popular and influential "intellectuals" that are actually saying that English shouldn't be the dominate language taught in Elementary schools. That is mind numbingly absurd.
Just another example of the outrageous stupidity of virtue signaling leftist.

I think the emphasis should be on learning the GD language that is predominantly spoken in the GD country you're living in. It's rude to expect everyone to learn your motherf*cking language, because that would mean that we all have to learn over 150 GD languages to not leave anyone out.
Additional skills give you an advantage in the job market.

No
Universal English makes a lot more sense than the host having to learn the language of the guest
Doormats Do Not Make a Democracy

The natives of a colony had to learn the empire's language. Americans have become subjects of the One-World Third-World Order. That is why the foreign-born who live here, legally or illegally, have such contempt for us. Treated like pushovers by an anti-democratic Constitution, we let a bipartisan clique of traitors make our immigration laws. Whether their motive was the cheap-labor Right or the White-replacement Left, we have become an occupied country and need drastic action to get back our independence.

Doormats Do Not Make a Democracy

The natives of a colony had to learn the empire's language. Americans have become subjects of the One-World Third-World Order. That is why the foreign-born who live here, legally or illegally, have such contempt for us. Treated like pushovers by an anti-democratic Constitution, we let a bipartisan clique of traitors make our immigration laws. Whether their motive was the cheap-labor Right or the White-replacement Left, we have become an occupied country and need drastic action to get back our independence.
The left is so busy self loathing and virtue signaling that they have absolutely no understanding, or even care what the result of their policies are doing.

The world's not getting smaller, but it is becoming more interconnected. Beyond that, within the US more businesses are catering to more specific groups of customers. This requires more and more specialized skills. Education should reflect this to the economic benefit of the country.
Getting fluent in more than one language is one thing I wish I had growing up. It is a valuable skill to have. I lost job interviews as a teacher because I was not fluent also in Spanish. I had a relative in the family who was fluent in English, German, French, Spanish. Also knew some Italian and Portuguese. Traveling was a breeze for that relative.

I tried many times to get somewhat good with Spanish, but if you don't start at a very young age it is hard. I actually learned more Spanish from the times I visited Mexico than I did trying to study it in school.

Some people have an ear for languages. (I am not one of them!)

If you have time, check out the YouTube videos of Ariel Smith or xiaomanyc.

He is a Caucasian who fluently speaks many languages.

He often visits New York City's Chinatown and astonishes Chinese people there by suddenly speaking Mandarin and other dialects of Chinese.

Learning other languages, we are told, can really help your mental acuity. Plus, you will know when someone is talking about you because s/he thinks that you don't understand the speaker's language.

Iron Eyes Cody doesn’t seem to like this thread.

We DO teach English in this English speaking country.

Do you?

Ophelia:

O, what a noble mind is here o’erthrown!
The courtier’s, soldier’s, scholar’s, eye, tongue,
sword,
Th’ expectancy and rose of the fair state,
The glass of fashion and the mold of form,
Th’ observed of all observers, quite, quite down!
And I, of ladies most deject and wretched,
That sucked the honey of his musicked vows,
Now see that noble and most sovereign reason,
Like sweet bells jangled, out of time and harsh;
That unmatched form and stature of blown youth
Blasted with ecstasy. O, woe is me
T’ have seen what I have seen, see what I see!

Last edited:
I give kids today more credit than that.
I don't. They learn NO History ,their Math skills are non-existent , they play video games instead of healthy outdoor games , and they don't even know what SEX they are. Sick society.

Students who begin with a home language other than English and eventually acquire a high degree of fluency in English end up with a significant advantage in today's economy.

no. But I wonder if many 7th graders could answere it and show their work. not just a guess.
Good question. I'm always amazed when a kid is working checkout, your bill is $1.36, you give him-her $5.36 and they say "no, that's too much, you don't need that change". They don't get it. I am, however, for kids learning extra languages. I just wouldn't prioritize it until at least 90% of the kids can comprehend the above problem.

Forum List

Back