Time to hide your savings under the mattress.

CultureCitizen

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2013
"The Citi-drafted legislation will benefit five of the largest banks in the country—Citigroup, JPMorgan Chase, Goldman Sachs, Bank of America, and Wells Fargo. These financial institutions control more than 90 percent of the $700 trillion derivatives market. If this measure becomes law, these banks will be able to use FDIC-insured money to bet on nearly anything they want. And if there's another economic downturn, they can count on a taxpayer bailout of their derivatives trading business"

Citigroup Wrote the Wall Street Giveaway The House Just Approved Mother Jones

This really sucks.

Gold and silver.
Yes, of course, but then , not a silver or gold certificate which the bank can appropiate as an asset, but rather tangible gold stored in a safebox or ... in your mattress.

This all sounds like a preemptive bailout.

"The Citi-drafted legislation will benefit five of the largest banks in the country—Citigroup, JPMorgan Chase, Goldman Sachs, Bank of America, and Wells Fargo. These financial institutions control more than 90 percent of the $700 trillion derivatives market. If this measure becomes law, these banks will be able to use FDIC-insured money to bet on nearly anything they want. And if there's another economic downturn, they can count on a taxpayer bailout of their derivatives trading business"

This really sucks.

no liberal dear it does not sucks and you have no idea what you are saying
1) bailout money was paid back
2) many firms went out of business and learned a huge lesson
3) firms don't bet they hedge which is very different
4) any big problems will have to be bailed out anyway becuase of too big to fail.

This really sucks.

no liberal dear it does not sucks and you have no idea what you are saying
1) bailout money was paid back
2) many firms went out of business and learned a huge lesson
3) firms don't bet they hedge which is very different
4) any big problems will have to be bailed out anyway becuase of too big to fail.

1) All of it ?...It doesn't seem so:
Barack Obama says banks paid back all the federal bailout money PolitiFact New Hampshire
2) No , they didn't , they were rescued. Why didn't they resuce the homeowners instead? Not that I consider fair that someone gets a free house while I still have to pay for my mortgage, but the fact that banks are rescued doesn't make me feel better either.
3) Oh that's really naive. Yes , some companies hedge. Banks and action buyers bet.
4) No sory , they don't need to be bailed out. That's how a free market is supposed to work. Banks and investment firms serve two different purposes and keeping them separeted is the proper thing to do.

That said, If this bill passes , well , you are free to save your money wherever you want. My choice won't be a bank.

Last edited:
. Why didn't they resuce the homeowners instead?

very very simple!! Homeowners had no ability to pay money back, banks did.

Are you able to understand?

Oh , but they do , they pay taxes
3) Oh that's really naive. Yes , some companies hedge. Banks and action buyers bet.

dear hedge funds hedge and 20% go bankrupt each year. Banks tend to be very stable and not beters at all.

If something became clear in the last crisis is the fact

dear hedge funds hedge and 20% go bankrupt each year. Banks tend to be very stable and not beters at all.

To which banks are you referring to ?

My understanding is that the "shadow banking system" is still handling tons of toxic assets, and taking unnecesary risks. Then again , the problem are banks which are not subject to any regulation.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/71f5fd1e-6045-11e4-98e6-00144feabdc0.html#axzz3NtreNQkp
Shadow banking set for breakout year in 2015

Mother Jones?

Have a better source?
Yes , of course.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/12/b...ve-to-aid-big-banks-in-funding-bill.html?_r=0

All Americans, left or right winged must be united against this bill ( that is , unless you are a banker ) , just as Senators David Vitter ( Republican ) and Sherrod Brown ( Democrat) did.
Interesting, thank you.

I still am not sure how I feel about the move though. I don't think the new regulations do anything to actually address the core problem. The new regulations also enshrined the idea of to big to fail and ensure that those institutions are going to be bailed out if anything major occurs again (and it will as long as those people know they are covered).

4) No sory , they don't need to be bailed out. .

too stupid!! All agree including Krugman that if not bailed out depression would have been the obvious result.

Still over your head?

Not over my head, that's for sure. Our country needed to take its licks then, not later. But Obama and his minions are pushing the huge debt to the out years to be paid by generations to come.

You have to collapse before you can rebuild

-Geaux

Forum List

Back