Time to Pull the Plug on EV’s

That would be the way to do it. But that's not what they are doing is it?

The truth is that EV car technology is still in its experimental nascent stage but is being wrongly marketed as fully viable by a zealous government. I don't pull into a filling station needing special gas for my Ford or Chevy, or Mercedes or Lexus, why do I need a special battery made just for my car?

At best, I can only barely recommend that if anyone really wants to go EV, they either be very comfortable financially, or buy a HYBRID and use the electric to CUT DOWN on gas consumption.

The truth is that EV car technology is still in its experimental nascent stage but is being wrongly marketed as fully viable by a zealous government. I don't pull into a filling station needing special gas for my Ford or Chevy, or Mercedes or Lexus, why do I need a special battery made just for my car?

At best, I can only barely recommend that if anyone really wants to go EV, they either be very comfortable financially, or buy a HYBRID and use the electric to CUT DOWN on gas consumption.
Seems reasonable to me. They will never buy that here.

New battery technology will come, but the RV market is not in experimental phase.

Sales up 80% this year so far

They cost very little to maintain and I’m looking to go solar on house.
That's true. I agree. I own battery operated lawn tools for that exact reason.

Good luck with the solar. You should consider buying the battery first and charging off peak hours and run your house on battery during peak hours. Then install the solar panels later making sure to install enough panels to run the house and put a charge on the battery. That way you would actually have something of value independent of the climate driver that makes you believe you need to do this.

But if I were going to install solar, I'd install surplus capacity and batteries.

Last edited:
New battery technology will come, but the RV market is not in experimental phase.

Sales up 80% this year so far
There are natural limitations for low energy density technologies like batteries. I wouldn't bank on gains in battery technology to materially change their performance.

That's true. I agree. I own battery operated lawn tools for that exact reason.

Good luck with the solar. You should consider buying the battery first and charging off peak hours and run your house on battery during peak hours. Then install the solar panels later making sure to install enough panels to run the house and put a charge on the battery. That way you would actually have something of value independent of the climate driver that makes you believe you need to do this.

But if I were going to install solar, I'd install surplus capacity and batteries.
Very good points.

Change needs to happen as heat events are increasing at an alarming rate.

You are a linear thinker in a cyclical world.
I’m a realist who can look at what happens by now, look at what experts in the field are saying and make an informed decision.

You make a political decision.

I’m a realist who can look at what happens by now, look at what experts in the field are saying and make an informed decision.

You make a political decision.
Incorrect. I have forgotten more science than you ever knew. You don't know the first thing about the earth's climate.

Incorrect. I have forgotten more science than you ever knew. You don't know the first thing about the earth's climate.
I know that we can’t pollute ourselves forever.

Why do you think that we can?

I know that we can’t pollute ourselves forever.

Why do you think that we can?
CO2 isn't pollution. It's a vital component of the carbon cycle that all living things on the planet depend upon. You've been spending too much time on social media.

CO2 isn't pollution. It's a vital component of the carbon cycle that all living things on the planet depend upon. You've been spending too much time on social media.
Sure at what ratio?

1000ppm?

More?

I just read Mobil’s 1970s environmental impact review from the burning of their product.

Sure at what ratio?

1000ppm?

More?
Let's look at the data, shall we.

1658271670753.png

Forum List

Back