Time travel paradoxes

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
So what do you think? What of the classic grandfather paradox? You know the one where you go back in time and somehow manage to cause your grandfathers death before he married your grandmother thereby preventing you from ever being born? And then if you did that, how could you have ever been born in the first place to go back in time?

But let's go off a tangent here. Suppose we went back in time and instead of somehow causing our poor grandpas death, what if we somehow got out own self killed? For the sake of argument suppose I had been born on March 19, 1967. Since I have died in the past, as time slowly marches, on and March 19, 1967 rolls around again, will I not be born again? Only to repeat my fate over and over and over?

• Banned
Or better yet, suppose you went back in time to kill hitler when he was a boy and were successful. Seeing how that would have wiped out all reference to hitler in the future, why would you have wanted to go back in time to begin with?

Time is a funny thing in that you can certainly go forward in time, you might not necessarily be able to go backward in time, without creating/entering an alternate timeline/reality, in which case you didn't actually go back in time.

According to some leading theories, every possible outcome in the Universe that could or will happen, already has and already will. By that logic, you already killed your own grandfather, you goddamn murderer!

• Banned
Time is a funny thing in that you can certainly go forward in time, you might not necessarily be able to go backward in time, without creating/entering an alternate timeline/reality, in which case you didn't actually go back in time.

According to some leading theories, every possible outcome in the Universe that could or will happen, already has and already will. By that logic, you already killed your own grandfather, you goddamn murderer!

Since I no longer exist, WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING TOO?

Forum List

Back