To ease the sticker shock.....

Darkwind

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2009
I'd laugh if I didn't feel like crying...

The healthcare.gov website barely works. However, the complaints about the sticker shock and very high prices that comes with Obamacare must have made an impact. The Prez is right on fixing the problem because all the pages now show a disclaimer....

IMPORTANT NOTE: The prices here don't reflect the lower costs an applicant may qualify for based on household size and income.

Many people who apply will qualify for reduced costs through tax credits that are automatically applied to monthly premiums. These credits will significantly lower the prices shown for a majority of those applying. Final price quotes are available only after someone has completed a Marketplace application.

Subsidies in other words....

BTW...anyone notice that they are asking for extremely personal information, but they post a disclaimer that:

"No reasonable expectation of privacy" can be warranted by using the web site.

If I rolled out a customer product this way, I'd never work again.

hahahahaha

Here is the range to qualify for government subsidy...

data-table-costs-qualify.png

I'm not even close....

hahahahaha

I'm not even close....

The point was ..... only the dead weight entitlement whores were supposed to qualify for it being free. No one else.

The point was.... was for everyone else to carry them on their free ride....again.

Well, it appears that the the most affordable plan offered to Me is 212 dollars more expensive with a deductible twice as high....so for an additional 7 thousand dollars, I can get maternity care....

Bully for Me.....

Last edited:
On the bright side...the website seems to be working pretty well today.

Last edited:
As I've said right along. The only winners in the ACA are those the rest of us will be forced to subsidize.

We will be paying for our HC, with huge deductable, and theirs.

Wonder how the Dems are gonna sugarcoat that shit??

hahahahaha

I'm not even close....

That's because you're so rich, right?

Earning 45,961 per year for a single is considered rich by dimocraps? That is what I thought :lol:

Now, would you please, repeat the mantra of the left of how they "care" about middle class( the one the rob and rip always for the benefit of billionaires?)

Last edited:
Since the uninsured can qualify for subsidies even though they may earn tens of thousands of dollars above median household income, up to 400 percent above the Federal Poverty Level, a simple understanding of math tells you that a lot of other people are going to have to pay for all those subsidies. Either through higher taxes, or higher premiums on their own plans, or through decreased benefits.

hahahahaha

I'm not even close....

The point was ..... only the dead weight entitlement whores were supposed to qualify for it being free. No one else.

The point was.... was for everyone else to carry them on their free ride....again.

It will be interesting to see it they agree to do so.....

"When people hack their way through the thicket of difficulties and get to the real choices that Obamacare offers, particularly the 2.7 million young people they're counting on to sign up and the young people say, 'this is awfully expensive for something I don't want,' and recoil,..."
George Will On Obamacare: "When They Fix The Website, Their Real Problems Will Begin" | RealClearPolitics

One of the most used talking points used by the Left during the debates before the enactment of ObamaCare was comparing the US per capita spending on health care to other countries. The implication was that ObamaCare would reduce per capita spending.

ObamaCare is not going to decrease per capita spending on health care. That was a gigantic bait-and-switch con sold to the country by the Democrats.

One of the most used talking points used by the Left during the debates before the enactment of ObamaCare was comparing the US per capita spending on health care to other countries. The implication was that ObamaCare would reduce per capita spending.

ObamaCare is not going to decrease per capita spending on health care. That was a gigantic bait-and-switch con sold to the country by the Democrats.

Let's see what happens. If "Obamacare" fails, then you Republicans can use that fact to get more R's in Congress. If "Obamacare" becomes popular, though, you guys may as well all move to Texas and Oklahoma and find some nice trailer courts to live in.

Forum List

Back