To the Legions of the Lame: What happens when the next school shooter uses Glocks?

To the Legions of the Lame: What happens when the next school shooter uses Glocks?

Or hunting rifles...

So let's say you 'win' and get every single last one of those scary assault weapons out of the US. Logistically impossible of course but let's just say it happened. Then the next Nicholas Cruz goes into a high school with two Glocks and a backpack full of magazines. Kills 20 kids. Will you march for armed security then or will you march against handguns?

How can you kill 58 and injure 500+ in nine minutes with a Glock?

Cruz was armed with an AR-15.

So let's say you 'win' and get every single last one of those scary assault weapons out of the US. Logistically impossible of course but let's just say it happened. Then the next Nicholas Cruz goes into a high school with two Glocks and a backpack full of magazines. Kills 20 kids. Will you march for armed security then or will you march against handguns?

If the magazines only hold 10 rounds or less, they would have had a lot better chance of stopping him when he reloaded.

Who would stop him, the cops waiting outside the school?

And what if he has two more guns on holsters on his hips, and two more in a back pack?

If seen some crazy videos of a guy reloading those things so quick, if you blinked, you would miss it.

I really don't think you know what you are talking about.

He's only got 2 hands, which means he can only carry 2 guns available to shoot at a time.

As far as reloading? Yes, if you practice a lot, you can get to the point where you can run out, drop the magazine, and reload another in about 1.5 to 2 seconds, but that is only after a lot of practice. I learned how to do it while with the Security Forces while stationed at Newport RI, and we carried 9mm on patrol.

But, I doubt your typical school shooter would invest the time on the range to get that proficient.

To date, the single most effective way to stop a shooter who has gained access to a school is another person with a gun.

Why are we trying to keep the most effective means of stopping a shooter as far away from his target as possible?

Or hunting rifles...
Or butcher knives?
Or a pair of scissors.

I was thinking though that assault rifles really should stay at home. And by that, make them legal to have to protect your castle, but whip someone's ass if they're caught away from home with one. Makes sense. The only scenario I can see an assault rifle being necessary is if a storm descends on someone's house, like a bunch of hood rats come to assault or rob. Then yeah, pop in the big magazine and let the brass casings fly.

We don't care what Chinese invention the shooter uses. The shooter goes down immediately via cooking oil, either from an above reservoir, or from a pressurized stream shot from either a student, janitor, cook, shrink, etc., or through an already-activated shooting port behind a bullet-proof partition. We are also investigating sound recognition systems that use bandpass and bandstop active filters, which could theoretically send the signal to the police station in one second and activate the shooter-capturing partitions and oil system in one second. Using a silencer on any weapon will also not suffice, because the system has stored samples: the technological approach to this problem is based on the standardization of the bullet itself.

Then the next Nicholas Cruz goes into a high school with two Glocks and a backpack full of magazines. Kills 20 kids
If he had shot those kids with a handgun instead of a high powered rifle, likely many more would have survived.

I rate your thread, "Poster did not think it through and fell on his face".

Why?
It's not like the students had the ability to fight back whether it was an AR or a pistol.

If the magazines only hold 10 rounds or less, they would have had a lot better chance of stopping him when he reloaded.

So you're going to rush a guy with a gun in his hand?

Then the next Nicholas Cruz goes into a high school with two Glocks and a backpack full of magazines. Kills 20 kids
If he had shot those kids with a handgun instead of a high powered rifle, likely many more would have survived.

I rate your thread, "Poster did not think it through and fell on his face".

"Virginia Tech massacre:One of the most violent crimes in American history took place on the quiet campus of Virginia Tech one April morning in 2007. Around 7:15 a.m., VT senior Seung-Hui Cho entered a dorm and killed a student and an R.A. who attempted to help her. Two hours later, he walked to an engineering building, chained the doors shut from the inside, and started shooting. Walking from room to room, he first killed 10 and injured two. In the next room, he killed five and wounded six. By the time he turned the gun on himself, he had killed 32 people, 28 of whom he shot in the head, and injured 25 more."

He used 2 handguns to commit this atrocity.
That's real neat and all, but the fact is that a high powered rifle is a deadlier weapon due to the much deadlier injuries it inflicts. You can look this up. You can look up what military medics and ER doctors and surgeons say about them.

Again, in the case of Cruz, fewer kids would have died.

So he might have to shoot a few of em twice.
Which of course would be easy enough since no one is shooting back.
But it really wouldnt have mattered since they'd bleed out because the cops were hiding outside.

If I saw an opportunity when they stopped to reload, I might.

And, I really don't have a problem with what type of weapons you have, I just want there to be a limit on how many rounds you can throw downrange before having to reload.

Additionally, I don't think that teachers need to have guns. I think a much better solution would be to give ALL teachers taser guns that fire darts up to 30 ft.

And what if he has two more guns on holsters on his hips, and two more in a back pack?

If seen some crazy videos of a guy reloading those things so quick, if you blinked, you would miss it.

He's only got 2 hands, which means he can only carry 2 guns available to shoot at a time.

As far as reloading? Yes, if you practice a lot, you can get to the point where you can run out, drop the magazine, and reload another in about 1.5 to 2 seconds, but that is only after a lot of practice. I learned how to do it while with the Security Forces while stationed at Newport RI, and we carried 9mm on patrol.

But, I doubt your typical school shooter would invest the time on the range to get that proficient.

You dont need to go to the range to practice mag changes.

BS.....A 44 magnum is much more powerful than an AR and is semi auto with a clip
Completely wrong. A high speed rifle round round (as from an AR-15) has higher muzzle enrgy than a .44 magnum round, and these weapons are more accurate at distance.

Why would the shooter be "at distance" nobody was shooting back so he could get as close as he wanted?

And, I really don't have a problem with what type of weapons you have, I just want there to be a limit on how many rounds you can throw downrange before having to reload.

Additionally, I don't think that teachers need to have guns. I think a much better solution would be to give ALL teachers taser guns that fire darts up to 30 ft.

a step in the right direction, at least

You're right, you don't need to go to the range to practice mag changes. But, changing them empty or on guns that aren't getting fired is different than changing them on guns that you are actually using. How do I know? Security Force in the Navy for 4 years.

And, fwiw, most kids who are thinking of shooting up a school more than likely aren't going to concern themselves with the actions required, they will be more focused on getting the weapons.

You'd have to be a complete idiot to perform a mag change when someone is within arms reach.

You're right, you don't need to go to the range to practice mag changes. But, changing them empty or on guns that aren't getting fired is different than changing them on guns that you are actually using. How do I know? Security Force in the Navy for 4 years.

And, fwiw, most kids who are thinking of shooting up a school more than likely aren't going to concern themselves with the actions required, they will be more focused on getting the weapons.

I thought they were gun nuts? Of course they practice making mag changes.
So you place an empty mag in the gun,drop it,and replace it with a full one.
I cant believe they let you shoot guns,because you dont seem to bright.

cry baby 3.jpg

Indeed! Paddock could have done the same thing in Las Vegas with a Glock. You think? Schools are just a small part of these monthly terrorist attacks.

Forum List

Back