Tom Petty's family issues a cease and desist order to Trump campaign

C_Clayton_Jones

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2011
‘Petty's 1989 hit "I Won't Back Down" was played on Saturday evening at the rally, which drew a smaller-than-expected crowd of supporters.

"Trump was in no way authorized to use this song to further a campaign that leaves too many Americans and common sense behind," the family said in a tweet Saturday.

"Both the late Tom Petty and his family firmly stand against racism and discrimination of any kind. Tom Petty would never want a song of his used for a campaign of hate. He liked to bring people together," according to the tweet.’

Very good.

Trump’s campaign is in fact one of hate and division.

‘Petty's 1989 hit "I Won't Back Down" was played on Saturday evening at the rally, which drew a smaller-than-expected crowd of supporters.

"Trump was in no way authorized to use this song to further a campaign that leaves too many Americans and common sense behind," the family said in a tweet Saturday.

"Both the late Tom Petty and his family firmly stand against racism and discrimination of any kind. Tom Petty would never want a song of his used for a campaign of hate. He liked to bring people together," according to the tweet.’

Very good.

Fuck off, the only hate and division I see here is your desire to have no political opposition to your SJW progressive twat-program.

Very good.

Funny story about Petty.
He was a tiny man with a big temper. He smashed his hand so hard against a wall he shattered his whole hand...LOLOLOLOL....................Never played his shitty guitar the same.LOLOLOL........J/K

I don't take drug addicts seriously.

Last edited:
I would expect to hear from Neil Young as they used one of his songs as well.

Petty's family has a right not to have him and his work associated with trump and his campaign. Let trump get his own stuff. Springsteen ran into the same problem when reagan tried to steal his "Born in the U.S.A.,"and he had to tell reagan off.

Very good.

The hate and division are your masters who tell you that. And it makes you feel better about yourselves.

Very good.

1592762509270.png

I do miss Tom Petty
I could take him or leave him, he had a few good songs, I suppose. I had a girlfriend back in the late 80's that adored everything he did. He had those freaky buck teeth and I would sing "you don't have to live like a refugee" and stick my teeth out and giggle like crazy..... and her gash would clang shut for a week.

I don't remember her name..... it couldn't have been that good.

Forum List

Back