Too Many Government Workers?

Too Many Government Workers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
In light of the current Government Shutdown, this is an interesting and important topic to discuss. We all know our Government has expanded to a previously unthinkable gargantuan status. With that, so many Millions of Americans are now employed by our Government. They are solely dependent on Taxpayers for their survival. Are there too many Government Workers now. Can this trend be reversed, or should it be?

Last edited:
Way to many people working for the Govt. That doesn't include those in the military. Those guys and gals earn everything we can give them.

The rest of the Fed worker, most ain't worth a pisshole in the snow.

Many government workers were furloughed. Did you miss them? Me either.

The massive number of Government Workers and Entitlements is becoming a real concern. How can the Taxpayers continue to support this System? I don't see how this can be sustained.

Way to many people working for the Govt. That doesn't include those in the military. Those guys and gals earn everything we can give them.

No and no. There is a lot of deadweight in the military and a lot of waste, both in the uniformed and civilian sides of the military. There are plenty of do nothing jobs and way too much tail-to-teeth jobs just to justify a budget.

There is a lot of useless positions in the civilian government, but there are also a lot of hard working people doing hard work. To be fair, there are a lot of do nothing paper pushing jobs, but many federal and state jobs are held by dedicated and skilled personnel.

No and no. There is a lot of deadweight in the military and a lot of waste, both in the uniformed and civilian sides of the military. There are plenty of do nothing jobs and way too much tail-to-teeth jobs just to justify a budget.

There is a lot of useless positions in the civilian government, but there are also a lot of hard working people doing hard work. To be fair, there are a lot of do nothing paper pushing jobs, but many federal and state jobs are held by dedicated and skilled personnel.

I hear ya, but the numbers are staggering. And they're still increasing. I just don't see how Taxpayers can continue to fund these massive numbers of Workers and Entitlements. There has to be a reckoning at some point.

In light of the current Government Shutdown, this is an interesting and important topic to discuss. We all know our Government has expanded to a previously unthinkable gargantuan status. With that, so many Millions of Americans are now employed by our Government. They are solely dependent on Taxpayers for their survival. Are there too many Government Workers now. Can this trend be reversed, or should it be?

i can only speak for the PO.....there are too many managers....and not enough carriers or sometimes clerks....there are middle managers who make around a 100 grand a year doing....well we don't know what the hell they do.....but they don't do nothing to help the mail move or solve problems.....but they sure can cause problems by trying to implement one of their stupid programs to try and justify their..."job".....

100% correct.

In fact - that's a big problem I have with so many folks who complain about wasteful and overgrown government. They only complain about one segment or another and leave their own "sacred cows" out of the conversation.

If we are serious about getting rid of government bloat and overspending, there can be NO sacred cows. There is waste everywhere - EVERYWHERE.

So if you go into the process with the idea of just cutting the "other guy's" waste and holding "your guy's" waste - you are dead in the water.

Just MHO.

i know 2 people who could not get a passport to go on their cruise.....they closed before they had a chance to get down there.....no cruise....they missed them....

The massive number of Government Workers and Entitlements is becoming a real concern. How can the Taxpayers continue to support this System? I don't see how this can be sustained.

lots and lots and lots of Govt waste with their spending Paulie.....i bet that is more costly than what your talking about....

Take 10% off across the board. Evenly across every government office. Once people realize they aren't missing anything cut another 10%.

lots and lots and lots of Govt waste with their spending Paulie.....i bet that is more costly than what your talking about....

I just don't see Taxpayers being able to support this colossal Government for too much longer. They're already being squeezed dry right now. And the number of Workers and Entitlements just continue to skyrocket. It can't be sustained.

Obviously everybody should be given what they're owed, but the military could easily be downsized.

as this partial shutdown proves at least 18% of the government workers are not needed and their so-called "work" as well.

i know 2 people who could not get a passport to go on their cruise.....they closed before they had a chance to get down there.....no cruise....they missed them....

this just proves that those 2 were not very smart typical low information voters.
It takes 90 days the longest to get a passport.

The known date of October the 1st was discussed around at least for a half of the year.
If they did not apply for their passports in advance knowing that there might be a government shutdown - that is solely their own fault and they can blame nobody but themselves.
But sure enough they are blaming everybody under the sun except THEMSELVES.

How typical for the Americans. Nowadays Americans.

as this partial shutdown proves at least 18% of the government workers are not needed and their so-called "work" as well.

That is an interesting number... Can you provide a link to your proof?

100% correct.

In fact - that's a big problem I have with so many folks who complain about wasteful and overgrown government. They only complain about one segment or another and leave their own "sacred cows" out of the conversation.

If we are serious about getting rid of government bloat and overspending, there can be NO sacred cows. There is waste everywhere - EVERYWHERE.

So if you go into the process with the idea of just cutting the "other guy's" waste and holding "your guy's" waste - you are dead in the water.

Just MHO.

Yep.

And that is what TP is all about.

sacred military cows are not so sacred for them.
They actually want the waste to be cut EVERYWHERE

That is an interesting number... Can you provide a link to your proof?

proof for WHAT?
that is the number of furloughed government workers - it has been widely discussed even on this board for days.
nobody feels their absence. So they can be cut permanently without any consequences.

Forum List

Back