Top dems suggest sacrificing seats to stop nomination

It's 51 to 49, guys.

McCain won't vote, so it's 50 to 49, and you will need Pence.

If either Murkowski or Collins says "nope", it's over.

But I think the thread is talking about picking up some Democrats like Manchin. From the OP's link, Sen Durbin is saying no Dems, not even red state Dems, should vote for the nominee.

Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill., acknowledged that so-called red-state Democrats may be tempted to vote for Trump's selection out of political necessity, but urged his colleagues Sunday to consider more than their political careers.
That seems to be the idea

Go for it and let the chips fall where they may
Trump will get his nomination, all of his nominees have been vetted
Like Mike Flynn?
His list of judges

The President should nominate Mike Lee. If the libs defeat him, he can take revenge in the Senate chambers against them.

Super glue on the toilet seats in the Democrat rest room, piss in the Democrats coffee pot in their lunch room, gum on their chairs.

What ever it takes.

You have been losing then for the last year, LBT.

The Alt Right russian fluffers are the lepers of American politics.

You will need both Collins and Murkowski to get the ratification.

It doesn't surprise me that D's would sacrifice their political careers in order to stop Trump from ending their agenda they've spent decades building. I hope they utterly self destruct providing yet another Trump win!

Voters will not care.

If so, they would have defeated Trump.

The dems "no" votes will not be in jeopardy in red states.
Nobody cares about the Supreme Court
Actually dumb ass a poll was done and a shit load of people said the Supreme Court was a major decider for who they voted for.
SCOTUS was why so many that weren't really happy with Trump voted for him

and he delivered Big League with Gorsuch

this next appointee is YUGE, and if we get to replace RBG, watch out - that was what all of this was about for me

Iconusaflagsmiley.gif

On eve of Trump's Supreme Court pick, top Dem suggests sacrificing Senate seats to stop nomination

This has me scratching my head. You CAN'T stop the nomination since GOP has majority even if the 2 cucks Murkowski and Collins vote no we just need VP Pence to vote yes and its done deal....so you are gonna give up seats easier by voting no? Makes no sense but that is the mind of a liberal so.

Not too good at math are ya, the VP only votes to break ties. That's hard to get with 99 voting.

Nope I suck at math LOL....thanks for pointing that out I forgot McCain was at home and won't be voting.

Voters will not care.

If so, they would have defeated Trump.

The dems "no" votes will not be in jeopardy in red states.
Nobody cares about the Supreme Court
Actually that's why a LOT of people including people here voted for Trump. The SC and only the SC...I didn't I voted for him because I liked his policies and his upending the apple cart way of doing things.

This man would made a good Justice and send liberals over the edge...

1976019561--80a5514febf99543.jpg

Forum List

Back