Top three highly political issues you'd love never to debate again?

PaintMyHouse

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2014
Gonna go with:

1. Abortion. Safe, legal, and rare.
2. Gay marriage. Equality wins the day, stop hating the fags and let them be.
3. Israel. A mistake then and worse now. Bad for the Jews, and everyone else.

Science funding. It is critical if we wish to remain number one in it.
Infrastructure...Only a idiot wouldn't fund this.
R&d investment. Why not put our money on the best r&d?

I'll add a 4#
Whether blacks committing crimes is somehow different then whites doing it. There's no difference and they belong in prison for doing so.

Last edited:
Hmmmm.

1. Your views on abortion really depend on whether you consider a fetus to be a person. Not many people would be in favor of the safe, legal and rare execution of economically burdensome toddlers. That's all I'm going to say about that, except that I don't think government is the solution.

2. Faggot marriage is a huge divisive issue, yet less than 1% of the population are ever going to get faggot married. I agree, let them do their thing and let's move on.

3. I'm a Zionist. I've never been enthusiastic about arguing the issue on USMB though. The only person I've ever been able to talk to rationally about that is a Jewish uncle who married into my family.

I'll do the abortion debate about once or twice a year. No more. Same people say the exact same crap. You can catch them lying and they will kill themselves to repeat the lies.

LGBT rights. I support them 100% but if I never see another cake thread again-I will be a happy woman. Do you go to a restaurant where you know the cooks hate you? Do you trash the people that work in a fast food restaurant before you get your food? About the fourth time reading through those threads you find the exact same people saying the exact same thing and they will kill themselves in repeating lies. The issue is now the cake. The issue is now a gotcha moment. Fifth thread up? I just want to start screaming, "FFS if it's going to be all about the cake, I will bake the damn cake. K? You-go grab a spork and a bible and take your stupid piece of cake, sit in the corner and rock back and forth muttering whatever little verses you want. You-take this cake and have the most beautiful event ever and live a beautiful life. And you-you're a troll c'mere-I'm going to spork you to death."

I can do Israel and I have a multitude of sources to draw from what I don't have is a whole lot of time. If Coyote and a couple of others are there and I have time then I'll do it. But, my time is feast or famine. Just because I have it doesn't mean that everybody else does or at least at the same time.

What I refuse to engage in is another "I'm a special snowflake one-true-way libertarian thread. Nope. No can do.

Bush lied about WMDs - it's settled, he lied.

Current democrats are just like the segregationist dixiecrats of the 60s - It's settled, nearly all of them deserted in favor of the GOP in the 70s.

The north started the civil war. Long settled as bullshit.

Bonus tired topic: Poor people buying homes are responsible for the great recession - Utter unadulterated bullshit.

Forum List

Back