Toronto police warn of increased presence for annual ‘Walk with Israel’ and possible protests

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I really wanted to register for this walk this year and show my support. I don't ever get involved in such events but I thought it was the right cause to support this walk this year as people seem to forget who started this war. Too many forget about the hostages and the surrounding threats Israel has to confront.

Unfortunately I am too old to be walking in such an event and dealing with the protesters that the police are expecting. On top of that, if I had one my usual headaches or behind the eye pain from walking (it is worse when I am active), I didn't want to have to leave mid way and find a way home suffering from this.

It is sad that people can't just have their peaceful march, regardless of the cause; without having to face protesters, some who could be violent.

Toronto police are warning of a heightened police presence in the city this weekend as the United Jewish Appeal (UJA) prepares to hold its annual Walk with Israel event.

Forum List

Back