"Trade War"? Nope.

If this was a war, we'd be eating chop suey, wearing caps with a red star instead of MAGA, and banging a gong at some temple. What's going on now is a negotiation and for the first time, we have a leader who's used to winning those. There is a globalist lobbying outfit called the "Trade Partnership" bandying about wild figures about how America will be "hurt" by tariffing China.....and it's bullshit. Larry Kudlow says the govt. group who knows what it's doing says the cost to American consumers is nowhere near what these clowns are saying and the Fake News rodents are eating with a spoon. Bottom line? Trump is trying to disrupt and move the world supply chain from China into SE Asia and Indonesia...that will break China's back. So try to remember you're an American, stand behind your president, and understand a tiny ouch now will result in orgasmic ecstasy down the road in an even hotter economy all around you.
default_yes.gif

file-20181203-194956-1eg1364.jpg

Used to winning ? 6 bankrupt companies loses a billion or so of OPM and writes it off and now no more meetings in sight Art of the deal ?? lol

/——/ 6 bankruptcies out of 500 successes. When will you libtards learn?

And in your imagination.. their collapse helps the US in what way ?

I'm not hoping for them to collapse...they've got nukes and 3B people to feed....their collapse would be a dangerous proposition. What's needed is a major contraction of their economy so they can no longer threaten SE asia, build aircraft carriers and build hypersonic missiles. Let them go back to Mao's "five year plans" and act civilized instead of being the 21st century's version of Black Beard.

So…on one post you were pointing out how Trump’s actions will cause the disruption that they cannot take:

China can't face 25% tariffs for long, especially on another $300B in goods. They've already hit us with their best shot...we spit a tooth, laughed, and came back at them. China is so over-leveraged they're only a major disruption away from collapse…

And now you’re not hoping for the collapse?

Strange.

In reality what will happen is this; Consumer prices will rise. Few will care because it will still be less than the domestically produced alternatives (if there are any). The “winner” in the trade war isn’t the US and it isn’t China. It’s the 3rd party suppliers.

Lets say that China sells the US importer a Widget and the price to the consumer is $10.00
Trump’s tariffs increase the price the US Importer pays so the price to the consumer becomes $12.50.
VietNam also supplies widgets but their price was higher than China so they didn’t sell any in the US because China dominated the market. But now, thanks to the Trump Tariff, the US Importer now buys the Vietnamese priced widget and sells it for $11.00. Still $1.50 cheper than the Chinese widget.

Vietnam’s producer is the winner.
The American importer is now paying more-loser
The American consumer is now paying more-loser
The Chinese producer is not selling his item here-potential loser if they can’t find a market

The scary part is that these people that claim to have some basic intelligence think that a collapse of the Chinese economy will not be felt all around the world.

Winning a trade war doesn’t mean others conform to your lifestyle. Winning a trade war is done by underwriting the lifestyle of the other side without them either knowing or caring. Look at Wal*Mart’s revenues for exhibit A.

It's more about the supply chain than it is anything else. It's also about our national addiction to cheap Chinese labor. That's going to be hard to break. The $1,000 Galaxy S-10 should really cost $2,500. it's the literally millions of workers at Chinese foxconn that make it possible for Samsung ( A Japanese company) to trade that good into the United States for a lower cost. So far Trump hasn't reached into the cell phone business yet but I think it's inevitable that he will. Electronics is the biggest offender.

Sure there's big money on the Walmart shelves but the really big$$$$ is in the supply chain. Just ask Ali Baba.

If we don't break it it definitely will break us.
And no it's not going to be easy or painless.
I'm not even sure we can do it; But I am sure that we should do it.

Jo

Maybe.

I know I don’t really care where my I-Phone was made. IF it was cheap Russian labor, I wouldn’t care less or more than cheap Chinese labor. The out-of-pocket costs are what is important. Not who makes it.

It's more about the supply chain than it is anything else. It's also about our national addiction to cheap Chinese labor. That's going to be hard to break. The $1,000 Galaxy S-10 should really cost $2,500. it's the literally millions of workers at Chinese foxconn that make it possible for Samsung ( A Japanese company) to trade that good into the United States for a lower cost. So far Trump hasn't reached into the cell phone business yet but I think it's inevitable that he will. Electronics is the biggest offender.

Sure there's big money on the Walmart shelves but the really big$$$$ is in the supply chain. Just ask Ali Baba.

Jo

They got no chance against us old BBers.....we been at this far longer and know how this game is played....and won. :highfive:

If this was a war, we'd be eating chop suey, wearing caps with a red star instead of MAGA, and banging a gong at some temple. What's going on now is a negotiation and for the first time, we have a leader who's used to winning those. There is a globalist lobbying outfit called the "Trade Partnership" bandying about wild figures about how America will be "hurt" by tariffing China.....and it's bullshit. Larry Kudlow says the govt. group who knows what it's doing says the cost to American consumers is nowhere near what these clowns are saying and the Fake News rodents are eating with a spoon. Bottom line? Trump is trying to disrupt and move the world supply chain from China into SE Asia and Indonesia...that will break China's back. So try to remember you're an American, stand behind your president, and understand a tiny ouch now will result in orgasmic ecstasy down the road in an even hotter economy all around you.
default_yes.gif

Used to winning ? 6 bankrupt companies loses a billion or so of OPM and writes it off and now no more meetings in sight Art of the deal ?? lol

He does not have 500 success..quit with this lie. Those 500 companies are not controlled in any way by Trump. Trump Inc is a holding company, they do not make any business decisions for those companies.

A little known fact about Trump is that one single business he started on his own has succeeded...not one.

="WillPower, post: 22363582, member: 71576"]

Jo

They got no chance against us old BBers.....we been at this far longer and know how this game is played....and won. :highfive:

Good old Ballot box.....oh man that place was wild.

Jo

Maybe.

I know I don’t really care where my I-Phone was made. IF it was cheap Russian labor, I wouldn’t care less or more than cheap Chinese labor. The out-of-pocket costs are what is important. Not who makes it.

The factory that makes the Apple I-phone has dormitory quarters...a worker sleeps 6 hours and has to give up the bed...there is no privacy. Cafeteria food....don't like it don't eat. But the best part? They have to sign a pledge not to commit suicide on company property....think about that next time you think Steve Jobs was a good guy and China has happy workers....you're a part of that by buying an I-Phone.

default_yes.gif

He does not have 500 success..quit with this lie. Those 500 companies are not controlled in any way by Trump. Trump Inc is a holding company, they do not make any business decisions for those companies.

A little known fact about Trump is that one single business he started on his own has succeeded...not one.

/——/ So why do libtards blame him for the failure of Trump vodka and Trump steaks?

My stalker appears...hey numbnuts....nobody believes a word you say and neither do you...so fuck off and try crapping in somebody else's threads.

My stalker appears...hey numbnuts....nobody believes a word you say and neither do you...so fuck off and try crapping in somebody else's threads.
The truth hurts

Winning a trade war doesn’t mean others conform to your lifestyle. Winning a trade war is done by underwriting the lifestyle of the other side without them either knowing or caring. Look at Wal*Mart’s revenues for exhibit A.

We will never understand the oriental mind....a year in Vietnam convinced me of that. If this was a "war", we'd have already painted our asses white and run with the antelopes. This is grinding....China can't face 25% tariffs for long, especially on another $300B in goods. They've already hit us with their best shot...we spit a tooth, laughed, and came back at them. China is so over-leveraged they're only a major disruption away from collapse...don't care if you believe that...people smarter than me and obviously smarter that you agree. Trump is giving them enough rope to hang themselves....and they will.
All they need to do is Stonewall for 18 months or so. The next president will.be smart enough not to try to fight a trade war everyone concerned will lose.

That is China’s only hope, for a Dem to be elected who will happily go back to bending over for China. I wonder how much China is going to interfere in this next election. Probably even more than they did in the 1990’s when they paid the Clintons millions.

default_yes.gif

/——-/ Wrong again as usual.
How many businesses owned by, started by, or associated with Donald Trump have failed or bankrupted? - Quora

So…on one post you were pointing out how Trump’s actions will cause the disruption that they cannot take:

China can't face 25% tariffs for long, especially on another $300B in goods. They've already hit us with their best shot...we spit a tooth, laughed, and came back at them. China is so over-leveraged they're only a major disruption away from collapse…

Strange.

In reality what will happen is this; Consumer prices will rise. Few will care because it will still be less than the domestically produced alternatives (if there are any). The “winner” in the trade war isn’t the US and it isn’t China. It’s the 3rd party suppliers.

Lets say that China sells the US importer a Widget and the price to the consumer is $10.00
Trump’s tariffs increase the price the US Importer pays so the price to the consumer becomes $12.50.
VietNam also supplies widgets but their price was higher than China so they didn’t sell any in the US because China dominated the market. But now, thanks to the Trump Tariff, the US Importer now buys the Vietnamese priced widget and sells it for $11.00. Still $1.50 cheper than the Chinese widget.

The Chinese producer is not selling his item here-potential loser if they can’t find a market

Idiot wind ^^^^^^^

default_yes.gif

Chris Wallace is an ass.

And in your imagination.. their collapse helps the US in what way ?

I'm not hoping for them to collapse...they've got nukes and 3B people to feed....their collapse would be a dangerous proposition. What's needed is a major contraction of their economy so they can no longer threaten SE asia, build aircraft carriers and build hypersonic missiles. Let them go back to Mao's "five year plans" and act civilized instead of being the 21st century's version of Black Beard.

Strange.

The scary part is that these people that claim to have some basic intelligence think that a collapse of the Chinese economy will not be felt all around the world.
/——/ How stupid to accuse us of that. The USSR collapsed and was felt around the world FOR THE BETTER. Why would it be any different with China?

Chris Wallace is an ass.

Ivanka moved in down the street from him and her SS detail is taking up parking spaces he used to have for his cocktail party guests....he's been to zoning and variance whining about it...so he hates the Trumps....petty little prick...he ain't even a pimple on his daddy's ass....Mike Wallace was a brawler and a hell of a journalist.

We will never understand the oriental mind....a year in Vietnam convinced me of that. If this was a "war", we'd have already painted our asses white and run with the antelopes. This is grinding....China can't face 25% tariffs for long, especially on another $300B in goods. They've already hit us with their best shot...we spit a tooth, laughed, and came back at them. China is so over-leveraged they're only a major disruption away from collapse...don't care if you believe that...people smarter than me and obviously smarter that you agree. Trump is giving them enough rope to hang themselves....and they will.
All they need to do is Stonewall for 18 months or so. The next president will.be smart enough not to try to fight a trade war everyone concerned will lose.

Pretty optimistic there, Creep. Likely closer to 60 months I think. The reason why we're in this problem NOW is because past presidents have been afraid to fix the trade imbalance! As usual, your estimates of what we will "lose" are short sighted------ like ripping a bandaid off, it hurts at first, but the goal is not permanent tariffs, the goal is to hose up trade bad enough, long enough that China agrees to fair trade---- for BOTH sides. They need to export their stuff about 7X more according to an economic expert I heard more than we need to export ours. We may suffer a bit but Trump's tariffs are gonna KILL China!

Being retired, I will be spending the rest of my life downsizing, and not acquiring many new toys, so if the MAGA crowd (who are wearing hats made in China) want to tax themselves another $200 billion, I guess I don't care much. Although, it amazes me how they think that paying more taxes is a GOOD thing. I'm guessing that the Tea Party guys have all thrown away their tea bags and are cringing in their basements. When a Trumpette decides to buy a new Buick, and finds out that most of the parts were subject to tariffs, and the price has gone up 15%- 20%, my best guess is that they will somehow blame that on Hillary.

That is China’s only hope, for a Dem to be elected who will happily go back to bending over for China. I wonder how much China is going to interfere in this next election. Probably even more than they did in the 1990’s when they paid the Clintons millions.
Lol, nobody has been "bending over" for china. Get outta yer echo chamber and look around.

Lol, nobody has been "bending over" for china. Get outta yer echo chamber and look around.
/—-/Why has China gotten away with dumping their crap in out markets And stealing our IP? Why didn’t anyone ever fight back before now?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back