Trash Pile-Up At The Top Of The World

Hey! Let's go hiking! It now seems that Mt. Everest is a garbage dump littered with about 50 tons of garbage and human bodies.

Seems these people should have had some plan in place long ago to keep the place up, but instead, it has just turned into one more exploited money-making scheme.

I have been fascinated with the Mt. Everest quest/debacle for years. I mean, I would NEVER...maybe that's the fascination, idk. It's called "the death zone" because as soon as you enter, you start dying. Then the countdown is on to get to the top and down before you expire.

People stepping around and over dead bodies of those who didn't make it.

In the 21st century I just don't get this, especially from people who are amateur mountaineers. Like do something remarkable that won't kill you and will add value to society? Be a Big Brother? Foster parent? Or if you like mountains--take a Big Brother kid hiking?

Weird

I have been fascinated with the Mt. Everest quest/debacle for years. I mean, I would NEVER...maybe that's the fascination, idk. It's called "the death zone" because as soon as you enter, you start dying. Then the countdown is on to get to the top and down before you expire.

I think the problem is that there are experienced hikers who just want to see if they can do it, but few of them are acclimated to the altitude like the Sherpas, so need tanks of oxygen to stay alive, plus the fact that people vary in how they handle the low oxygen/air pressure and some get very sick quickly.

That and the fact that the weather is unpredictable, they stay too long or get tied up in crowds and storms come in trapping them and they just freeze to death. Just way too many people trying to go up there.

Good times for sure.

Hey! Let's go hiking! It now seems that Mt. Everest is a garbage dump littered with about 50 tons of garbage and human bodies.

Seems these people should have had some plan in place long ago to keep the place up, but instead, it has just turned into one more exploited money-making scheme.

christ, the damn sherpas only carry the damn the trash up there for these western affluenza sufferers.

most of the bodies are sherpas, and if it were possible to retrieve them they would.

in future millenia, as the himalayas thaw, these bodies will be appreciated and examined as closely as our own forensics people have probed utsi or the andean girls.

or maybe they will be needed as food. who knows.

christ, the damn sherpas only carry the damn the trash up there for these western affluenza sufferers.
The Sherpas act as guides and carry a lot of the stuff up there for westerners because they are used to the region and are paid big money.

most of the bodies are sherpas, and if it were possible to retrieve them they would.
Most of the bodies are westerners who froze or fell and were lost and couldn't be brought down.

in future millenia, as the himalayas thaw,
By the time Mt. Everest thaws, the oceans will be boiling.

Forum List

Back