Troops Deployed Under Posse Comitatus and The Insurrection Act?

Daryl Hunt

Your Worst Nightmare
Oct 22, 2014
Here is something to think about. History versus current times
(LegalEagle’s Law Review)

Thank you for that very good legal explanation of the "posse comitatus act" and the "Insurrection Act".
Powell and the generals are wrong.
Trump is absolutely right to use the military to protect citizens from rioters.
Your skidmark is smarter than Doctors and Generals. That's just stupid.

If the rioting and looting continues, with people dying of the ANTIFA and BLM movement, there is a plan that can be enabled not only to have the insurrections use of the military, but the end of elections until such time all insurrections are ended.

Martial Law
Martial law on the national level may be declared by Congress or the president. Under Article I, Section 8, Clause 15, of the Constitution, Congress has the power "[t]o provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress insurrections and repel Invasions." Article II, Section 2, Clause 1, of the Constitution declares that "[t]he President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States." Neither constitutional provision includes a direct reference to martial law.

So keep up the occupation of Seattle, resist the police, burn cities, and by Nov 3rd, all elections will be suspended, and President Trump stays in power. You can thank your spineless liberal politicians who really like the President by having your out there keeping up the violence....

Thank you for that very good legal explanation of the "posse comitatus act" and the "Insurrection Act".

The laws were written as if they were to be done by a sane person. Obviously, when they were written, the congress never met Rump. Plus, it's merkie at best in what a President can do without the permission of the Governor or in the case of DC, the Mayor with Federal Military Troops. Can you imagine if a President were to send Federal Troops to a state to have those troops to be met by State Organized Militia (State Defense) troops? There are a few of the states with the SDF that are NOT controlled nor can they be Federalized by the Federal Government. Sounds to me like more SDFs (State Defense Force) needs to created across the nation. This is the very reason that the 2nd amendment was created.

Your "skidmark" is between your ears. Put up your explanation why you think I'm wrong. I have no clue what you're whining about.
I hope Trump sends in the troops to clear out the Seattle "insurrection" and protect citizens from "extortion" and other crimes.

If the rioting and looting continues, with people dying of the ANTIFA and BLM movement, there is a plan that can be enabled not only to have the insurrections use of the military, but the end of elections until such time all insurrections are ended.

Martial Law
Martial law on the national level may be declared by Congress or the president. Under Article I, Section 8, Clause 15, of the Constitution, Congress has the power "[t]o provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress insurrections and repel Invasions." Article II, Section 2, Clause 1, of the Constitution declares that "[t]he President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States." Neither constitutional provision includes a direct reference to martial law.

So keep up the occupation of Seattle, resist the police, burn cities, and by Nov 3rd, all elections will be suspended, and President Trump stays in power. You can thank your spineless liberal politicians who really like the President by having your out there keeping up the violence....

Let's address the election first. If Rump were to delay the elections past Jan 20 at 12 Noon 2021, he would no longer be the President and Pence would no longer be the VP. They are both under a 4 year contract. Not a second past Jan 20, Noon, 2021. It would go to the next successor until the election could be done. Are you aware that the next series of Successors are all Democrats? And it wouldn't be Nancy either since She will be up for election as well. Hey, this might be a great idea. It would get rid of even Moscow Mitch as well. The Governors would have to appoint the Congress and guess what, the Dem Governors outnumber the Republican Governors. So it wouldn't turn out the way you think it would.

Denver had looting and rioting the first night. It caught everyone by surprise. Day two, the Colorado National Guard and the full brunt of the LEs were on the streets. The Organization that is driving the Looting and Rioting decided to hit an easier city. This was done by a Democratic Mayor and a Homosexual Democratic Governor. Just because a city is run by a given Political leaning Mayor doesn't mean that all Democrat Mayors and Governors are going to let it happen.

Rump had the power to mobilize the 82nd, he just didn't have the power to turn them into a Police Force. That was already tried in Iraq and they learned that the 82nd can't police anything other than cigarette butts. They are trained to break things and kill, not to keep the peace. Rump blew it big time. Luckily, someone in the chain of command had better sense.

The laws were written as if they were to be done by a sane person. Obviously, when they were written, the congress never met Rump. Plus, it's merkie at best in what a President can do without the permission of the Governor or in the case of DC, the Mayor with Federal Military Troops. Can you imagine if a President were to send Federal Troops to a state to have those troops to be met by State Organized Militia (State Defense) troops? There are a few of the states with the SDF that are NOT controlled nor can they be Federalized by the Federal Government. Sounds to me like more SDFs (State Defense Force) needs to created across the nation. This is the very reason that the 2nd amendment was created.

What you just said is plain wrong.
1. Trump does NOT need approval from governors or mayors to protect US citizens from rioters/insurrectionists.
2. Kennedy sent in troops to integrate schools over the objections of governors.
3. No state militia or police force would ever oppose US combat forces, that would be suicide, and they are not stupid, they would work in concert to restore law & order.
4. All state forces, such as the national guard, can be commanded by the president instead of governors, i.e. they can be Federalized.
5. Your last sentence has to do with "militias". No militia would oppose US combat troops. Most of the militias are ex-military, whose sons are active duty. Sounds like you're an antifa wannabe??

Martial Law

Let's address the election first. If Rump were to delay the elections past Jan 20 at 12 Noon 2021, he would no longer be the President and Pence would no longer be the VP. They are both under a 4 year contract. Not a second past Jan 20, Noon, 2021. It would go to the next successor until the election could be done. Are you aware that the next series of Successors are all Democrats? And it wouldn't be Nancy either since She will be up for election as well. Hey, this might be a great idea. It would get rid of even Moscow Mitch as well. The Governors would have to appoint the Congress and guess what, the Dem Governors outnumber the Republican Governors. So it wouldn't turn out the way you think it would.

Denver had looting and rioting the first night. It caught everyone by surprise. Day two, the Colorado National Guard and the full brunt of the LEs were on the streets. The Organization that is driving the Looting and Rioting decided to hit an easier city. This was done by a Democratic Mayor and a Homosexual Democratic Governor. Just because a city is run by a given Political leaning Mayor doesn't mean that all Democrat Mayors and Governors are going to let it happen.

Rump had the power to mobilize the 82nd, he just didn't have the power to turn them into a Police Force. That was already tried in Iraq and they learned that the 82nd can't police anything other than cigarette butts. They are trained to break things and kill, not to keep the peace. Rump blew it big time. Luckily, someone in the chain of command had better sense.

Why are you so worried about Trump not relinquishing power? It will be a Prog who will do that. Just look at them since the election and the events. And the last term of Obama was a prelude. There are to many educated and healthy Non Progs who will do the work of the totalitarian regime brought in by you guys at some point. And there will be reduced payments to the citizens. And if they are not happy about it, there will be a reduced amount of citizens. You somehow have ph uked up the closest thig at this point of history has in Camelot! To much corruption, stealing and graft for the system to take.

Your "skidmark" is between your ears. Put up your explanation why you think I'm wrong. I have no clue what you're whining about.
I hope Trump sends in the troops to clear out the Seattle "insurrection" and protect citizens from "extortion" and other crimes.
You stated your opinion that Powell and the Generals were wrong without explanation. Now you expect me to explain? Do your own homework DNA challenged.

That's OK. Everyone is apparently smarter that you.
You got out of the market when it was 29 like I told you? I AM SMARTER THAN YOU!

Martial Law

Where does it say elections could be suspended?

You stated your opinion that Powell and the Generals were wrong without explanation. Now you expect me to explain? Do your own homework DNA challenged.
DUH, the fucking video explains the law. My opinion is based on the OPs well researched and documented video. Dispute it with verifiable legal facts, or tuck your tail and slink off.

1. Trump does NOT need approval from governors or mayors to protect US citizens from rioters/insurrectionists.
2. Kennedy sent in troops to integrate schools over the objections of governors.
3. No state militia or police force would ever oppose US combat forces, that would be suicide, and they are not stupid.
4. All state forces, such as the national guard, can be commanded by the president instead of governors, i.e. they can be Federalized.
5. Your last sentence has to do with "militias". No militia would oppose US combat troops. Most of the militias are ex-military, whose sons are active duty. Sounds like you're an antifa wannabe??

Let's start out with Item 5. In Texas, every Fire Fighter, State Police and even Local Law Enforcement are automatically in the SDF. Only a small percentage have served in the Military.

Item 4: According to the 1916/17 National Guard Act, only those that are eligible can be recalled. For instance, I got recalled the first year of my Military Retirement to go count NBC Pallets. Not to do the work, but to supervise it. When Desert Storm ended, I went back home. I was eligible for recall for 10 years. After that time period, I could only be recalled for something like a World War until Age 65. For someone with less than 20 (not normal retirement) the recall is for 4 years. When the 4 year expires they are no longer eligible for recall to active duty. That means that only a very small number of the SDF can be recalled. The Governor also has the option to call up those Ex Military that are outside of the Federal Recall range. Meaning, the Feds will probably be outnumbered by quite a margin. And, outside of heavy tanks, many Police Forces have quite a few Armored vehicles.

Item 3: Care to reread the 2nd Amendment again? Chances are, it won't be just one state that the Feds will be facing. It will be considered a Tyranical Invasion that if the Feds do it in one state then they will do it to other states. Any President that forces that issue won't last the afternoon in office.

We'll take item 1 and 2 together. The ONLY time a President has resorted to this has been when the Governor has been severely tromping on citizens civil rights. The Governor has the ability to call up the National Guard, the SDF and the LE in full force if he thinks it's necessary to protect the Citizens rights. Some were a little slow to react but it's getting done without the need of Federal Troops. The conditions for the President to order Federal Troops into the cities to do the LE's job just fell under why the 2nd amendment was adopted in the first place.

Martial Law

The only person remaining in power would be the President Pro Tempore of the Senate, Chuck Grassley, a Republican. His term does not end until 2025. You are wrong once again, dumbass!

Martial Law

You are wrong, if Martial Law is declared the president remains in office until the insurrection ends. So please keep burning cities and murdering innocent people...Long live President Trump....You do realize that it is within his power to call up the militia, which is about 200 million armed very pissed off citizens. Who do you think they are going to go after?

3. No state militia or police force would ever oppose US combat forces, that would be suicide, and they are not stupid.

Let's start out with Item 5. In Texas, every Fire Fighter, State Police and even Local Law Enforcement are automatically in the SDF. Only a small percentage have served in the Military.

Item 4: According to the 1916/17 National Guard Act, only those that are eligible can be recalled. For instance, I got recalled the first year of my Military Retirement to go count NBC Pallets. Not to do the work, but to supervise it. When Desert Storm ended, I went back home. I was eligible for recall for 10 years. After that time period, I could only be recalled for something like a World War until Age 65. For someone with less than 20 (not normal retirement) the recall is for 4 years. When the 4 year expires they are no longer eligible for recall to active duty. That means that only a very small number of the SDF can be recalled. The Governor also has the option to call up those Ex Military that are outside of the Federal Recall range. Meaning, the Feds will probably be outnumbered by quite a margin. And, outside of heavy tanks, many Police Forces have quite a few Armored vehicles.

Item 3: Care to reread the 2nd Amendment again? Chances are, it won't be just one state that the Feds will be facing. It will be considered a Tyranical Invasion that if the Feds do it in one state then they will do it to other states. Any President that forces that issue won't last the afternoon in office.

We'll take item 1 and 2 together. The ONLY time a President has resorted to this has been when the Governor has been severely tromping on citizens civil rights. The Governor has the ability to call up the National Guard, the SDF and the LE in full force if he thinks it's necessary to protect the Citizens rights. Some were a little slow to react but it's getting done without the need of Federal Troops. The conditions for the President to order Federal Troops into the cities to do the LE's job just fell under why the 2nd amendment was adopted in the first place.

1/2. I think we kind of agree, that a president can send the US Army in if a governor is not following US law, and citizens' rights are being violated. The Insurrection Act was amended to give the president wide discretion on the use of troops if/when needed. I can see where generals Powell, Kelly, Mattis, and others don't want to send the military in to "suppress insurrections", but IMHO it needs to be done since the mayor won't send in cops, and the governor won't send in their National Guard. The people and businesses in those cordoned off blocks are being deprived of their rights, Trump needs to restore Law & Order.

3. We disagree on the 2nd Amendment. Half the militias would be on one side and half on the other. If Trump sends troops into Seattle to remove the insurgents, I'm not seeing any militia members that would take up arms to oppose the US troops. The insurgents can have guns as per the 2nd Amendment, but my money's on the Army.

4. I'm not talking "recall" I'm talking who commands the state's National Guard forces. In Texas its a little complicated. Some groups are commanded by the governor, and some by the DOD; Texas Military Forces - Wikipedia
Texas Military Forces exist under civilian control. Since 1903, Texas Military Forces are authorized by Title 32 of the United States Code and Article 4 of the Texas Constitution to "execute the laws of the State, to suppress insurrections, and to repel invasions."[23][24] Texas Army National Guard and Texas Air National Guard units are also subject to Title 10 of the United States Code, which legally empowers the United States government to mobilize them when more resources are needed than available in the United States Armed Forces for war, national emergency, or national security.[25] Under Title 10, operations are conducted under command of the United States Department of Defense by the Secretary of Defense.

1/2. I think we kind of agree, that a president can send the US Army in if a governor is not following US law, and citizens' rights are being violated. The Insurrection Act was amended to give the president wide discretion on the use of troops if/when needed. I can see where generals Powell, Kelly, Mattis, and others don't want to send the military in to "suppress insurrections", but IMHO it needs to be done since the mayor won't send in cops, and the governor won't send in their National Guard. The people and businesses in those cordoned off blocks are being deprived of their rights, Trump needs to restore Law & Order.

3. We disagree on the 2nd Amendment. Half the militias would be on one side and half on the other. If Trump sends troops into Seattle to remove the insurgents, I'm not seeing any militia members that would take up arms to oppose the US troops. The insurgents can have guns as per the 2nd Amendment, but my money's on the Army.

4. I'm not talking "recall" I'm talking who commands the state's National Guard forces. In Texas its a little complicated. Some groups are commanded by the governor, and some by the DOD; Texas Military Forces - Wikipedia
Texas Military Forces exist under civilian control. Since 1903, Texas Military Forces are authorized by Title 32 of the United States Code and Article 4 of the Texas Constitution to "execute the laws of the State, to suppress insurrections, and to repel invasions."[23][24] Texas Army National Guard and Texas Air National Guard units are also subject to Title 10 of the United States Code, which legally empowers the United States government to mobilize them when more resources are needed than available in the United States Armed Forces for war, national emergency, or national security.[25] Under Title 10, operations are conducted under command of the United States Department of Defense by the Secretary of Defense.
Can you imagine what Darwin Klunt would be saying if his neighborhood was being occupied by smelly Communists who took over his house forcing him to pay ransom or have his house burned and he brutally beaten?

Darwin Klunt - "Dial 911 , dial 911, hello police, i hate your guts, but i need you here, as quick as you can...."
911 operator - Click...
Darwin Lunt -" Dial 911, dial 911, hello police , did you just hang up on me?
911 operator - did it sound like this...Click.

If the left wing assholes running the blue cities and states let the police do their jobs properly, this subject would not be coming up.

Forum List

Back