Troops killed in Niger

Boko Haram Fast Facts - CNN

Shows their history of attacks.

Some people have short memories..............or selective memory...............Do they remember save the girls........and Michele Obama talking about it..........................

But suddenly it righteous to bitch about it because Obama is no longer in office..........

Our troops have been there a while..........some not complaining when Obama was in office.

Hang on... No one is bitching about it and no one is blaming Tump... This one isn't actually on him, this is the cost of securing our countries from Boko Haram and loose Uranium worldwide...

Is there any chance you could not make this a red v blue issue and make it a American issue...

My father-in-law was a Green Beret and so these deaths especially hit home with my wife. As for me it'll register a bit more once the names, home towns, ages and pictures of those killed are released. Expect I'll be saying 'oh so young' but right now I'm mostly thinking about the heartbreak their families are going through.

Boko Haram Fast Facts - CNN

Shows their history of attacks.

Some people have short memories..............or selective memory...............Do they remember save the girls........and Michele Obama talking about it..........................

But suddenly it righteous to bitch about it because Obama is no longer in office..........

Our troops have been there a while..........some not complaining when Obama was in office.

Hang on... No one is bitching about it and no one is blaming Tump... This one isn't actually on him, this is the cost of securing our countries from Boko Haram and loose Uranium worldwide...

Is there any chance you could not make this a red v blue issue and make it a American issue...

Too many attack the issue over red versus blue.........if you aren't in that mode then I stand corrected. The world is at War with Radical Islam and this is the fight in Africa.........It is not isolated to just Nigeria......

If you want to add in protecting Uranium from these groups that could use it primitively for dirty bombs then I agree with protecting it.

We have training forces over there and we are not the only country doing so.........In this way these countries can hopefully fight these groups without needing our support one day..........this fight is Global..........not just in the Middle East.

We got them everywhere. Need to keep America safe from Muslim fundementalist terrorist.

Again Uranium.. Yes fucked up Muslims, but they don't give a fuck about US... The Christians down there are nothing to write home about either... It is tribal down there...

America is safe by keeping an eye on Uranium not muslims and the SF know that...
Did you say the same when Obama was in office and sent our troops there to hunt down Haram terrorists who were holding the girls..................

That was splattered all over the news and these boards.

Bet you didn't bitch then.

Yes, I did... Why are you taking offense when none is given... Boko Haram aren't close to there size and strength they were a few years ago but they have to be watched...

But lets be specific Boko Haram are not a direct threat to the US, loose Uranium is...

We have training forces over there and we are not the only country doing so.....
This is not an attack or a criticism, just a 'point of view' statement / correction, if you will, from one, who until recently, has 'been there / done that'...

We do not have 'training forces' there. We have 'forces who train'. It may not sound like a big deal, but it is - especially to those who do it and 'brothers in arms' in the military.

These 3 soldiers were Green Berets - Special Forces, some of the best, and they were conducting training - which was / is their current mission - when the attack happened.

The OP asked if anyone knew we had troops there. I would venture to guess that the vast majority of Americans, who wake up everyday and go about their routine of living life and trying to make a living for their families, have no real clue about what is going on and where we have people. That specific AOR - Area of Operations - is called the 'HOA', or Horn of Africa, and we have had people there for quite a while - just 'FYI'.

We have training forces over there and we are not the only country doing so.....
This is not an attack or a criticism, just a 'point of view' statement / correction, if you will, from one, who until recently, has 'been there / done that'...

We do not have 'training forces' there. We have 'forces who train'. It may not sound like a big deal, but it is - especially to those who do it and 'brothers in arms' in the military.

These 3 soldiers were Green Berets - Special Forces, some of the best, and they were conducting training - which was / is their current mission - when the attack happened.

The OP asked if anyone knew we had troops there. I would venture to guess that the vast majority of Americans, who wake up everyday and go about their routine of living life and trying to make a living for their families, have no real clue about what is going on and where we have people. That specific AOR - Area of Operations - is called the 'HOA', or Horn of Africa, and we have had people there for quite a while - just 'FYI'.
I put up a link to nearly the same.

We got them everywhere. Need to keep America safe from Muslim fundementalist terrorist.

Again Uranium.. Yes fucked up Muslims, but they don't give a fuck about US... The Christians down there are nothing to write home about either... It is tribal down there...

America is safe by keeping an eye on Uranium not muslims and the SF know that...

Why do you keep saying that? France mines and processes that uranium.

I only heard about the 3 killed in Niger. When did these deaths in Nigeria occur?
Typo - my bad. Thanks for the catch.

Back in May, however, the U.S, Africa Command reported that A U.S. service member has been killed in Somalia (40 miles west of the capital, Mogadishu) in an operation against the militant group al-Shabab.
- U.S. Special Operations member killed in Somalia terror raid, Pentagon says

You do realize how far those two countries are from each other, right?

Half a continent.

You need to learn more about this topic. Your info is quite wrong.

Niger is not Nigeria and neither are in the Horn of Africa. This is in the sub-Saharan area of western Africa.

Niger is not Nigeria...

No shit - do you even know what a 'typo' is? I stated several times now that I incorrectly added an 'ia' to the tail-end of Niger by mistake, not that I thought Niger and Nigeria was the same thing.

holy hell, its like talking to my 4yo nephew... :rolleyes:

Niger is not Nigeria...

No shit - do you even know what a 'typo' is? I stated several times now that I incorrectly added an 'ia' to the tail-end of Niger by mistake, not that I thought Niger and Nigeria was the same thing.

holy hell, its like talking to my 4yo nephew... :rolleyes:

Are you becoming a liberal? You edited my quote and completely left out the most important point.

I would think your 4 year-old nephew would even deserve that much respect.

The Horn of Africa is in EAST AFRICA, not west Africa.

Forum List

Back