Trump administration 'wants to cut white supremacism from counter-extremism programme'

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
Trump administration 'wants to cut white supremacism from counter-extremism programme'
Donald Trump administration 'wants to cut white supremacism from counter-extremism programme'
Plans reportedly underway to rename Countering Violent Extremism programme to 'Countering Radical Islamic Extremism'
Lizzie Dearden

Donald Trump’s administration is reportedly pushing to erase neo-Nazis and white supremacists from the US government’s counter-extremism programme by moving it to focus exclusively on Islamist terrorism.

American officials briefed on the proposed changes told Reuters the Countering Violent Extremism (DVE) initiative could be renamed to “Countering Radical Islamic Extremism”.

The reclassification would remove its work combating far-right attacks and mass shootings, such as the massacre of black churchgoers in Charleston, which are rarely classified as terrorism by American authorities.

Trump team 'want to remove white supremacists from the terror watch programme'

There was a time I would of thought this was great... wow, did I change over the years.,

It should not be a crime for White people to be proud of themselves

Donald Trump administration 'wants to cut white supremacism from counter-extremism programme'
Plans reportedly underway to rename Countering Violent Extremism programme to 'Countering Radical Islamic Extremism'
Lizzie Dearden

Donald Trump’s administration is reportedly pushing to erase neo-Nazis and white supremacists from the US government’s counter-extremism programme by moving it to focus exclusively on Islamist terrorism.

American officials briefed on the proposed changes told Reuters the Countering Violent Extremism (DVE) initiative could be renamed to “Countering Radical Islamic Extremism”.

The reclassification would remove its work combating far-right attacks and mass shootings, such as the massacre of black churchgoers in Charleston, which are rarely classified as terrorism by American authorities.

There was a time I would of thought this was great... wow, did I change over the years.,

They kinda have to...considering Bannon's position in the Admin.

Lizzie Dearden

If that's the case, he would also be removing environmental and anarchist wackos.
This is just meant to ruse up the morons. Refer to the OP.

Lizzie Dearden

Seems highly unlikely.

THey might move it to another department, or reduce it's priority, but some of those whack jobs are actually dangerous.

Lizzie Dearden

They kinda have to...considering Bannon's position in the Admin.

That is the type of thinking that this could be about. lf the Obama administration had been flushing resources down the toilet monitoring people like Bannon, or God Forbid, others that asshole lefties consider "racist" then shutting it down might be the only way to even begin to refocus on real problems.

Lizzie Dearden

Thank you! Here is a great article on white supremacists.

The FBI Has Quietly Investigated White Supremacist Infiltration of Law Enforcement

Forum List

Back