🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump agrees with Bannon’s assessment that the media is the ‘opposition party’

American_Jihad

Flaming Libs/Koranimals
May 1, 2012
It's true most media is libtart and that has to change or be countered...
2 / 26
e151e5.gif
BBbyiSL.img

The Washington Post
John Wagner 4 hrs ago
AAmkdQs.img

President Trump said Friday that he considers the media to be “the opposition party in many ways,” echoing a controversial assessment earlier this week by his chief White House strategist , Stephen K. Bannon.

Trump was asked about Bannon’s comments during a morning interview at the White House with David Brody of the Christian Broadcasting Network.

“Yeah, I think the media is the opposition party in many ways,” Trump told Brody. “I’m not talking about all of them … but a big portion of the media, the dishonesty, total deceit and deception. It makes them certainly partially the opposition party, absolutely.”

Trump, who routinely criticized the media during his campaign and has continued the practice since taking office, also accused the media of being “on the opposition party’s side.”

“They treat me so unfairly, it’s hard to believe that I won” the election, Trump said. “But the fortunate thing about me is I have a big voice. I have a voice that people understand. … But yes, the media is a disgrace, and they’ve called me wrong from the beginning.”

Trump singled out the New York Times, claiming the paper lost subscribers “because their readers even like me.”

The Times has said it experienced a sharp uptick in paid subscriptions online and in print after Election Day.

In an interview Wednesday with the Times, Bannon repeatedly described the media as “the opposition party” and said: “The media should be embarrassed and humiliated and keep its mouth shut and just listen for a while.”

2 / 26
e151e5.gif
BBbyiSL.img

The Washington Post
John Wagner 4 hrs ago
AAmkdQs.img

President Trump said Friday that he considers the media to be “the opposition party in many ways,” echoing a controversial assessment earlier this week by his chief White House strategist , Stephen K. Bannon.

Trump was asked about Bannon’s comments during a morning interview at the White House with David Brody of the Christian Broadcasting Network.

“Yeah, I think the media is the opposition party in many ways,” Trump told Brody. “I’m not talking about all of them … but a big portion of the media, the dishonesty, total deceit and deception. It makes them certainly partially the opposition party, absolutely.”

Trump, who routinely criticized the media during his campaign and has continued the practice since taking office, also accused the media of being “on the opposition party’s side.”

“They treat me so unfairly, it’s hard to believe that I won” the election, Trump said. “But the fortunate thing about me is I have a big voice. I have a voice that people understand. … But yes, the media is a disgrace, and they’ve called me wrong from the beginning.”

Trump singled out the New York Times, claiming the paper lost subscribers “because their readers even like me.”

The Times has said it experienced a sharp uptick in paid subscriptions online and in print after Election Day.

In an interview Wednesday with the Times, Bannon repeatedly described the media as “the opposition party” and said: “The media should be embarrassed and humiliated and keep its mouth shut and just listen for a while.”

latest

2 / 26
e151e5.gif
BBbyiSL.img

The Washington Post
John Wagner 4 hrs ago
AAmkdQs.img

latest
What you like...

2 / 26
e151e5.gif
BBbyiSL.img

The Washington Post
John Wagner 4 hrs ago
AAmkdQs.img

latest
What you like...

You know that the word trump means fart in England, don't you?

I just thought about this and this administration is hilarious.

They are ignoring the Democrats and telling them they are ignoring them with this :rofl::rofl:

Here is what Obama thought about the Fox News!

The Obama Administration began with lofty promises of being "the most transparent administration in history."
Instead it ended up setting a record, by the Associated Press's count, for denying the most Freedom of Information Act requests.
As the administration's popularity began tumbling early into its first year, the Obama White House declared war on Fox News.
The White director of communications, Anita Dunn, warned they would henceforth treat Fox News "like an opponent," insisting,
"we don’t need to pretend that this is the way that legitimate news organizations behave."
The Obama administration made good on that threat.
Soon thereafter, the administration sought to deny Fox News' participation in executive branch news-making events --
As you'll see in the montage above, President Obama blamed Fox News and talk radio for virtually every problem his administration encountered, warning in his waning days that these "domestic propagandists" were far more damaging to America than any interference from hostile powers like Russia.
Why It'll Be Hard for Trump to Surpass Obama's Record of Chilling Press Freedom

Report: Obama denied a record 77 percent of FOIA requests
The Obama administration has set a new record for rejecting Freedom of Information Act requests, according to a report published Friday.

The administration censored materials or rejected requests for access in a record 596,095 cases, or 77 percent of the time, according to the annual review conducted by the Associated Press. That's an increase of 12 percent since Obama's first year in office.
Report: Obama denied a record 77 percent of FOIA requests

Dictators and spoiled narcissistic bullies are all alike. Media while basically conservative, as it is a corporate entity, must present some truth and honesty. Fake news sites like Fox, Newsmax, Townhall, and the Wash Times, among many others, will alter the news and give credence to nonsense. Fake news on illegal voting today stands in as an example. Alternative facts are a part of so called conservative media today. I say so called as this is an American phenomenon. BS keeps the right happy it seems, it plays into their bias and bigotry. Saying truth is opposition should give concerned citizens pause, the right wing propagandists love it as it is a distraction and their wealthy benefactors know their money is well spent. See books if you want to better understand America today.

"Dark Money: The Hidden History of the Billionaires Behind the Rise of the Radical Right" Jane Mayer
and
'Invisible Hands: The Businessmen's Crusade Against the New Deal' Kim Phillips-Fein
'To Make Men Free: A History of the Republican Party' by Heather Cox Richardson
'The Deep State: The Fall of the Constitution and the Rise of a Shadow Government' by Mike Lofgren

Edit, in reading healthmyths comments above you get an example of how distorted the thinking on the right has become. None of his comments include context, they simply assume some bad actor.

Last edited:
Dictators and spoiled narcissistic bullies are all alike. Media while basically conservative, as it is a corporate entity, must present some truth and honesty. Fake news sites like Fox, Newsmax, Townhall, and the Wash Times, among many others, will alter the news and give credence to nonsense. Fake news on illegal voting today stands in as an example. Alternative facts are a part of so called conservative media today. I say so called as this is an American phenomenon. BS keeps the right happy it seems, it plays into their bias and bigotry. Saying truth is opposition should give concerned citizens pause, the right wing propagandists love it as it is a distraction and their wealthy benefactors know their money is well spent. See books if you want to better understand America today.

"Dark Money: The Hidden History of the Billionaires Behind the Rise of the Radical Right" Jane Mayer
and
'Invisible Hands: The Businessmen's Crusade Against the New Deal' Kim Phillips-Fein
'To Make Men Free: A History of the Republican Party' by Heather Cox Richardson
'The Deep State: The Fall of the Constitution and the Rise of a Shadow Government' by Mike Lofgren

Edit, in reading healthmyths comments above you get an example of how distorted the thinking on the right has become. None of his comments include context, they simply assume some bad actor.

CONTEXT???? You have got to be kidding!
The whole concept of MSM is how they take totally out of context and present "BIASED" stories.
But idiots like you don't seem to understand that 68% of Americans find the MSM untrustworthy.
Americans' trust and confidence in the mass media "to report the news fully, accurately and fairly" has dropped to its lowest level in Gallup polling history, with 32% saying they have a great deal or fair amount of trust in the media. This is down eight percentage points from last year.
Americans' Trust in Mass Media Sinks to New Low

Here is a perfect example of how biased the MSM is... I just did a Google search for "Trump anti-immigrant"
About 82,400 results (0.49 seconds)

Protesters Across US Decry Trump's Anti-Immigrant Stance - The New ...
www.nytimes.com/aponline/2017/01/14/us/.../ap-us-immigration-rallies-trump.html
Jan 14, 2017 - Protesters gathered Saturday to support immigrant rights at rallies around the U.S., denouncing President-elect Donald Trump for his ...

You and the obvious ignorant and totally out of "context" MSM like the NYT... think Trump like me and millions like me including 40 million
"LEGAL" immigrants are anti-immigrant. Which is so far from the truth as Trump is married to a "Legal" immigrant. My daughter-in-law
is a "legal" immigrant as are the more then 42.4 million, or 13.3 percent, of the total U.S. population of 318.9 million in 2014, according to ACS data.
So yea... truly out of context Trump and millions like me are "anti-immigrant"!

2 / 26
e151e5.gif
BBbyiSL.img

The Washington Post
John Wagner 4 hrs ago
AAmkdQs.img

Trump's recurring refrain that he's being treated SO unfairly sounds so pathetic coming from any man who's clearly been given preferential treatment for decades. But it's even more galling coming from a man who routinely treats others so shabbily when they meet with his disfavor.

I agree and I think the media is supposed to be.

I am glad they are challenging Trump.

However, they are the arrogant pathetic hypocrites I say they are.

They had parties in the press room with obama. They hardly challenged him for any of the things he did. Like the drone strikes on American citizens without due process, yet they go crazy when Trump suggests waterboarding may happen.

Did the press challenge obama about breaking his promise to close down gitmo?

Did they challenge obama on any of the broken promises by obama?

How about the tax relief he gave to GE?

Did the press get all over hillary for their charity fraud with Haiti?

I don't recall that.

The media is supposed to be an opposition party. Not the politicians pets.

Oh, and if you think the "right wing" media (the 5% of all media) did not criticize republicans, then you don't listen to them crushing the RINOS all day.

It is not that they are challenging Trump. It is how pathetic they all are.

Most uninformed people thought like Obama that Fox was the bad biased network.

Proof that Obama had that opinion?
The Obama Administration began with lofty promises of being "the most transparent administration in history."

Instead it ended up setting a record, by the Associated Press's count, for denying the most Freedom of Information Act requests.
As the administration's popularity began tumbling early into its first year, the Obama White House declared war on Fox News.
The White director of communications, Anita Dunn, warned they would henceforth treat Fox News "like an opponent," insisting, "we don’t need to pretend that this is the way that legitimate news organizations behave."
Soon thereafter, the administration sought to deny Fox News' participation in executive branch news-making events -
As you'll see in the montage above, President Obama blamed Fox News and talk radio for virtually every problem his administration encountered, warning in his waning days that these "domestic propagandists" were far more damaging to America than any interference from hostile powers like Russia.

They had parties in the press room with obama. They hardly challenged him for any of the things he did. Like the drone strikes on American citizens without due process, yet they go crazy when Trump suggests waterboarding may happen.

I don't recall that.

Oh, and if you think the "right wing" media (the 5% of all media) did not criticize republicans, then you don't listen to them crushing the RINOS all day.

Presidents do not give tax relief to anyone, Einstein
There was never any charity fraud by Hillary Clinton, but speaking of fraud where are Trumps tax returns
How could Obama close down Gitmo when your republican congress voted against it, Einstein

2 / 26
e151e5.gif
BBbyiSL.img

The Washington Post
John Wagner 4 hrs ago
AAmkdQs.img

Trump's recurring refrain that he's being treated SO unfairly sounds so pathetic coming from any man who's clearly been given preferential treatment for decades. But it's even more galling coming from a man who routinely treats others so shabbily when they meet with his disfavor.

The White director of communications, Anita Dunn, warned they would henceforth treat Fox News "like an opponent," insisting, "we don’t need to pretend that this is the way that legitimate news organizations behave."

YOU were saying Trump treating people badly?

I don't recall that.

There was never any charity fraud by Hillary Clinton, but speaking of fraud where are Trumps tax returns
How could Obama close down Gitmo when your republican congress voted against it, Einstein
No fraud by the Clinton Foundation? Wow, this guy has now moved ahead as the most brilliant of all left wingers.

He believes that.

Yeah, am sure the president has nothing to do with tax relief. Yet, the left wing media attacks on Trump giving corporations tax relief.

Lol...

On ignore.

2 / 26
e151e5.gif
BBbyiSL.img

The Washington Post
John Wagner 4 hrs ago
AAmkdQs.img

YOU were saying Trump treating people badly?
Trump treats everyone badly

I don't recall that.

No fraud by the Clinton Foundation? Wow, this guy has now moved ahead as the most brilliant of all left wingers.

He believes that.

Yeah, am sure the president has nothing to do with tax relief. Yet, the left wing attacks the media on Trump giving corporations tax relief.

Lol...

On ignore.
Thank you for confirming that you aint got a clue to what you are talking about. Even Trump cannot give tax relief, only congress can do that

ISRAEL ISN'T IN THE MIDDLE EAST
May 23, 2017

Daniel Greenfield

a.jpg

The fake news media has decided to cover President Trump's visit exclusively in terms of...

1. Melania's hand

2. Trump stating that he got back from the Middle East while in Israel

Issues involving Saudi Arabia and Israel don't matter. Only the facile sneering does. Everyone "knows" Israel is in the Middle East from the late night talk show hosts to their equally well informed media counterparts.

Except that in its original definition, Israel isn't in the Middle East. The term has been used to include various groups of countries. At one extreme it would encompass Afghanistan. At the other a much smaller territory near India.

The sneering media, hoping to show President Trump's ignorance, only shows off its own.

Israel Isn't in the Middle East

Forum List

Back