Trump and Harris spar over muting debate microphones

Mashmont

Platinum Member
Jan 17, 2022

Now wait a minute. I thought Democrats wanted the mics muted so Trump wouldn't interrupt. Looks like they now want interruption after seeing how well Trump did against Biden.

They want Kamala to be able to appear strong and in control so that when Trump interrupts, she can proclaim "I'M speaking!" showing that she's a "tough black woman who don't take no shit." This is exactly what she did against Pence in 2020, and what she did with hecklers few weeks ago. It also keeps her from having to respond to real questions and risk exposing herself as the zero she is.

But the point is, both sides agreed to the same format as the first debate with the mics shut off while the other speaks. Now Harris' side wants to renege. Trump says it's an excuse for Kamala to back out. It may be.

Last edited:

Now wait a minute. I thought Democrats wanted the mics muted so Trump wouldn't interrupt. Looks like they now want interruption after seeing how well Trump did against Biden.

They want Kamala to be able to appear strong and in control so that when Trump interrupts, she can proclaim "I'M speaking!" showing that she's a tough black woman, in control, and not taking anything from Trump. This is exactly what she did against Pence in 2020, and what she did with hecklers few weeks ago. It also keeps her from having to respond to real questions and risk falling on her face.

But the point is, both sides agreed to the same format as the first debate with the mics shut off while the other speaks. Now Harris' side wants to renege. Trump says it's an excuse for Kamala to back out. It may be.

I would think Team Trump would be elated at this. It would allow him to riff and speak off the cuff and run on....oh..wait...NOW I see why Trump's team doesn't want the mic unmuted. While that strategy worked with Biden...as he did all of the work for Trump, it won't work with a younger, sharper mind. Smart move by Harris team. Let Trump talk on and hang himself with the small group of independents, who, let's face it, are the only bloc of voters that are trying to be won over right now. Everyone else had their mind made up a long time ago.

I would think Team Trump would be elated at this. It would allow him to riff and speak off the cuff and run on....oh..wait...NOW I see why Trump's team doesn't want the mic unmuted. While that strategy worked with Biden...as he did all of the work for Trump, it won't work with a younger, sharper mind. Smart move by Harris team. Let Trump talk on and hang himself with the small group of independents, who, let's face it, are the only bloc of voters that are trying to be won over right now. Everyone else had their mind made up a long time ago.
Are you kidding? They're scared to death to allow Kamala to do it without notes and a teleprompter.

Kamala is afraid to debate Trump.

Kumalot is scared to speak to the media. What are we at now, almost 40 days and STILL no press conference? Trump is ALWAYS talking to the cameras, answering questions, being a REAL president. Meanwhile, Kumalot is a walking hyena laughing her way through rallies and avoiding actual press questions like the plague.

Now wait a minute. I thought Democrats wanted the mics muted so Trump wouldn't interrupt.
The flip side of that coin is trump exposes his unhinged inability to control himself when the mics are left on. The kind of impulsive, reactionary character traits that keep The Following so entertained. The kind no one should want within 1K miles of the Oval Office.

The flip side of that coin is trump exposes his unhinged inability to control himself when the mics are left on. The kind of impulsive, reactionary character traits that keep The Following so entertained. The kind no one should want within 1K miles of the Oval Office.
So by your logic Trump would want the mics on. He wants them off.

Kamala is afraid to debate Trump.
Former President Donald Trump on Sunday cast doubt about whether he would participate in the first presidential debate against Vice President Kamala Harris.

"Why would I do the Debate against Kamala Harris on that network?" Trump asked in a Truth Social post. He criticized Jonathan Karl’s interview with Tom Cotton on ABC’s “This Week,” as well as the show’s panel of commentators.

It's the other way around.

Kamala will go into word-salad mode and cackles .. especially when she doesn't understand the topic and won't answer the question. Her main focus will be how Trump would do it as opposed to her platform, which she continues to avoid communicating, as well as avoiding the media. She just doesn't speak well when she doesn't have her teleprompter handy.

Forum List

Back