🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump Couldn't Have Asked for a Bigger Gift Than Russiagate

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
I would say the author ( Katie Halper ) is 100% correct.

The claim that President Trump engaged in collusion with Russia to win the 2016 presidential election was so pervasive and unquestioned that only a handful of journalists demonstrated the healthy skepticism required by their profession. Last week, special counsel Robert Mueller delivered his report on the Trump-Russia investigation to the Justice Department, which then released a four-page summary written by Attorney General William Barr. While the full report is over 300 pages, and Mueller punted on the question of obstruction, he found no evidence of collusion. Despite this, the “Russiagate” truthers, if you will, are doubling down on the Russiagate narrative, moving the goalposts to focus on the possibility of obstruction of justice and conveniently ignoring that the collusion that was so central to their theory has not been established.

A sad irony is that the Russiagate narrative, which so many people clung to in an attempt to bring down Trump, only helped him. Actual occurrences that could have undermined Trump’s authority and damaged his reputation were ignored as much of the media and political class focused almost exclusively on a literal conspiracy theory that does not resonate with the voter base that stayed home on Election Day or the Obama-to-Trump voters. Surely, Trump has done awful things, coverage of which could get out the vote and galvanize opposition. But the Russiagate obsession perpetuated Trump’s narrative about being picked-on by a media that peddles fake news and a political elite that represents the status quo. Trump was able to come off, once again, as the outsider who takes on the establishment, which in turn persecutes him. And now that the Mueller report has said he didn’t collude with Russia, he’s celebrating.

(continued)
https://www.truthdig.com/articles/matt-taibbi-and-aaron-mate-on-how-russiagate-helped-trump/

One. What we know of the Mueller report....the Barr memo...never said "no collusion".

Two. We haven't seen the Mueller report.

Three. You need to take a look at the polling about this issue. It looks like a loser for Trump.

Four. No need to respond. I've cleared this up for you.

One. What we know of the Mueller report....the Barr memo...never said "no collusion".

Three. You need to take a look at the polling about this issue. It looks like a loser for Trump.

Do you think Mueller wouldn't have seen Trump strung up by his balls already if he thought that was possible?

Do you think Mueller wouldn't have seen Trump strung up by his balls already if he thought that was possible?

I think Mueller followed the law and the rules established in the DOJ. I don't think he has an agenda beyond uncovering the facts and the evidence.

Moron.

I think Mueller followed the law and the rules established in the DOJ. I don't think he has an agenda beyond uncovering the facts and the evidence.

Moron.

I didn't say he has an agenda, moron. I'm suggesting that if there was something in that report that could get Trump in legal trouble Mueller would have already been all over it. Getting Trump kicked out of office would have been a nice feather in the cap of a long legal career. The left just wants to tear it apart for 2020 talking points.

Moron.

I didn't say he has an agenda, moron. I'm suggesting that if there was something in that report that could get Trump in legal trouble Mueller would have already been all over it. Getting Trump kicked out of office would have been a nice feather in the cap of a long legal career. The left just wants to tear it apart for 2020 talking points.

Nope. He had rules and regs to follow. Also the law.

Why would you make assumptions like this before seeing the report or hearing a word from Mueller?

Your take is moronic.

Moron.

Why would you make assumptions like this before seeing the report or hearing a word from Mueller?

Your take is moronic.

I don't care if the report is released or not, but you're a fool if you believe there's something in there that will get Trump in actual legal trouble.

Moron.

Your take is moronic.

I don't care if the report is released or not, but you're a fool if you believe there's something in there that will get Trump in actual legal trouble.

Legal trouble? Nah. You must understand that the DOJ won't indict him regardless. The fucking rules say they can't.

But you are a moron if you think he didn't commit crimes and you are a moron if you think the release of that report is going to be a good thing for the head moron.

Also, I think his legal trouble is found in other places.

Legal trouble? Nah. You must understand that the DOJ won't indict him regardless. The fucking rules say they can't.

But you are a moron if you think he didn't commit crimes and you are a moron if you think the release of that report is going to be a good thing for the head moron.

I'm not in Trump's camp. I'm just not in yours either. Stop assuming what I do or don't believe. I'm just saying that nothing in there is going to get Trump is hot water legally, and that people like you only want the report for partisan benefit.

Trump is in the clear. Andy's insurance policy almost paid off, but came up just a little bit short.

I'm not in Trump's camp. I'm just not in yours either. Stop assuming what I do or don't believe. I'm just saying that nothing in there is going to get Trump is hot water legally, and that people like you only want the report for partisan benefit.

People like me know that he won't face legal trouble from what he's done. But we also think the report needs to seen by all because it's the right thing.

Who told you that wanting things for partisan reasons is always bad? In a two party system...that shit is a given.

I want Trump and every fucknut who has enabled him to be booted from office so we can begin to regain a grip on our repuic.

If you don't want the report released and you aren't in Trump's camp....then there is a special level of stupid happening with you.

Forum List

Back