Trump encourages boycott of Harley Davidson.

RealDave

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2016
First Trump puts tariffs on certain countries for Steel & Aluminum. It raises Harley Davidson's manufacturing costs. They make the decision to move production overseas for their non domestic sales.

Now he is putting the Presidential seal on a boycott.

To punish a US company for something Trump basically forced them to do.

So whose motorcycles will these boycotters buy? Honda? Some imported bike?

Reagan pulled Harley Davidson out of the fire and saved their asses. Now our President wants to help them and every other American company by eliminating unfair trade practices and Harley Davidson bails on him instead of hanging in until Trump gets a better deal (THAT WILL HELP HARLEY). Fuck Harley Davidson, I hope they go under for good this time. No more bailouts.

Reagan pulled Harley Davidson out of the fire and saved their asses. Now our President wants to help them and every other American company by eliminating unfair trade practices and Harley Davidson bails on him instead of hanging in until Trump gets a better deal (THAT WILL HELP HARLEY). Fuck Harley Davidson, I hope they go under for good this time. No more bailouts.

Tell us how the EU & US had unfair trading agreement...

Yes there was tarrifs on both sides but that is why it was an agreement...

HD has a history of outsourcing their brand. When AMF owned them, they sold low cc 250's etc., crap made overseas to the public. They also had this current overseas thing in progress years before The Donald was elected President in a landslide. Triumph, BMW, Indian (Polaris), Yamaha are obvious better choices for large two cylinder engines.

Last edited:

The tariffs on us is higher than the tariffs on them. Is that simple enough for you to understand?

Fuck Harley Davidson. They did everything they could to support the dotard, and now it bites them in the ass. Good riddance.

HD has a history of outsourcing their brand. When AMF owned them, they sold low cc 250's etc., crap made overseas to the public. They also had this current overseas thing in progress years before The Donald was elected President in a landslide. Triumph, BMW, Indian (Polaris), Yamaha are obvious better choices for large two cylinder engines.
Landslide?

The tariffs on us is higher than the tariffs on them. Is that simple enough for you to understand?

Prove it with unbiased, statistical evidence from a link please.

I doubt you can.

There are well known trade problems with China. I am not aware of specific tariff differences that related to the EU before Trump took office.

But I could be wrong on this.

BTW - Trump Exaggerates Trade Deficit With European Union by $50 Billion

Last edited:

Prove it.
You've heard of GOOGLE, haven't you?
European Union | United States Trade Representative

"JOE CAPRA (of the International Association of Machinists & Aerospace Workers Local 176): I want to say, yesterday's - what Harley-Davidson announced was a slap in the face for American workers all across the country here. And the great icon of Harley-Davidson is blaming these tariffs and moving overseas and continues to move overseas. This is something that is - was just an excuse. And the machinist unions OPPOSE what Harley-Davidson has done because they have been going overseas for some time. They've been in India. They've been in Brazil. And then now they have a plant in Thailand.

KING: So Mr. Capra, what you're saying essentially is that when Harley-Davidson pointed to tariffs by the EU and said, we've got to move some operations over there because it will simply be cheaper, you're saying, to you, that seems like an excuse because Harley-Davidson has been moving operations out of the country for a while now. Is that right?

CAPRA: Yes. Yes, I am. Yes, very much so."

Union Responds To Harley-Davidson Decision To Move Some Work Overseas

And dumbasses Democrats like the OP et al...swallows this malarkey hook, line and sinker...just to attempt to score some political points. What dupes. They don't give a fuck about American workers, they don't give a fuck about Union workers...they only care about power. They cheer outsourcing American jobs. Fuck off OP et al.

Last edited:

Prove it with unbiased, statistical evidence from a link please.

I doubt you can.

There are well known trade problems with China. I am not aware of specific trade differences that related to the EU before Trump took office.

But I could be wrong on this.

BTW - Trump Exaggerates Trade Deficit With European Union by $50 Billion

Yes you far left drones are wrong on almost everything.

How the US Trade Deficit Hurts the Economy

Prove it.

You made the claim pal...it's up to you to prove it, not me to disprove it.

And your link mentions nothing about tariff differences.

You said (matter or factly): 'The tariffs on us is higher than the tariffs on them. Is that simple enough for you to understand?'

If you are SO certain of what you said - than surely you have ready access to the source of your information.

So...where is your link to backup your above assertion?

I am thinking you just made it up.

Last edited:

Prove it.

You said (matter or factly): 'The tariffs on us is higher than the tariffs on them. Is that simple enough for you to understand?'

If you are SO certain of what you said - than surely you have ready access to the source of your information.

Try reading the first fucking line in the link, idiot.

Prove it.

:abgg2q.jpg:

I take it reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

Here is the first line from your link (though there is no mention of 'fucking' - as you stated):
'U.S. goods and services trade with the EU totaled nearly $1.1 trillion in 2016. Exports totaled $501 billion; Imports totaled $592 billion. The U.S. goods and services trade deficit with the EU was $92 billion in 2016.'

Where EXACTLY in that line does it mention ANYTHING about tariffs?

Surely, you realize that trade deficits often occur even when tariffs are equal between countries?

Your earlier post said: ''The tariffs on us is higher than the tariffs on them. Is that simple enough for you to understand?''

I shall ask you for the third time...where is your link to unbiased, factual proof that EU tariffs on American imports are higher than US tariffs on EU imports?

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm

Prove it.

:abgg2q.jpg:

I take it reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

Here is the first line from your link (though there is no mention of 'fucking' - as you stated):
'U.S. goods and services trade with the EU totaled nearly $1.1 trillion in 2016. Exports totaled $501 billion; Imports totaled $592 billion. The U.S. goods and services trade deficit with the EU was $92 billion in 2016.'

Where EXACTLY in that line does it mention ANYTHING about tariffs?

Surely, you realize that trade deficits often occur even when tariffs are equal between countries?

Your earlier post said: ''The tariffs on us is higher than the tariffs on them. Is that simple enough for you to understand?''

I shall ask you for the third time...where is your link to unbiased, factual proof that EU tariffs on American imports are higher than US tariffs on EU imports?

Far left drone that information has already been provided from the government website that tracks all this stuff:

U.S. goods and services trade with the EU totaled nearly $1.1 trillion in 2016. Exports totaled $501 billion; Imports totaled $592 billion. The U.S. goods and services trade deficit with the EU was $92 billion in 2016.

This is why the far left always fails, they can never accept factual information over their debunked far left religious dogma.

U.S. goods and services trade with the EU totaled nearly $1.1 trillion in 2016. Exports totaled $501 billion; Imports totaled $592 billion. The U.S. goods and services trade deficit with the EU was $92 billion in 2016.
No mention of tariffs there.

Forum List

Back