Trump ends Michelle Obama's effort to fight child hood obesity.

This adminstration just doesn't stop, nor does it care. Childhood obesity and Type 2 diabetes is skyrocketing in this country. Parents should teach their kids good healthy eating habits, but it should also be reinforced in our public schools.

WASHINGTON – After only six days on the job, Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue moved to stall one of former First Lady Michelle Obama’s signature accomplishments: stricter nutritional standards for school breakfasts and lunches, which feed more than 31 million children.

Speaking at Catoctin Elementary School in Leesburg, Virginia, on Monday with Sen. Pat Roberts, R-Kansas, and Patricia Montague of the School Nutrition Association, Perdue announced that his department would be slowing the implementation of aggressive standards on sodium, whole grains and sweetened milks that passed under the Obama administration.

“We know meals cannot be nutritious if they’re not consumed, if they’re thrown out,” Perdue told reporters after eating chicken nuggets and salad with a group of fifth graders. “We have to balance sodium and whole grain content with palatability.”

It was the second blow to the Obama administration’s nutritional legacy in less than a week. On Friday, the Food and Drug Administration signaled its intent to rewrite long-delayed menu-labeling rules passed as part of the Affordable Care Act. Republicans on the House Appropriations Committee also attached several nutrition-related riders to this week’s appropriations bill, including one that targeted voluntary industry sodium-reductions.

“I feel that we have made such progress in schools meals over the past five years,” said Miriam Nelson, a public health researcher who helped advise Michelle Obama’s nutrition initiatives. “This progress has contributed to reversing the trend in childhood obesity rates nationwide . . . We want to continue the progress we have made.”

School lunches have seen a radical makeover in the past five years. Since 2012, when the nutrition rules mandated by the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act went into effect, cafeterias have had to slash the amount of calories, trans-fats, sodium and refined grains in their foods, replacing cafeteria staples like conventional pizza with salt-reduced, whole-grain versions. They are also required to serve fruit, a variety of vegetables, and low-fat or fat-free milk.
Trump ends Michelle Obama’s plan to fight childhood obesity – The Denver Post

Here is what the next generation of kindergardners will look like.

28156-fatkids.jpg
Children dont get fat from a corn dog school lunch.

They typically get fat because their parents are irresponsible and don't watch their sugar intake at home.

Regulating our food intake is not the government's job.

I think it's more of an exercise thing. When I was a kid, we ate all kinds of crap, but we burned it off because we did't have cell phones, video chat, video games or cable television. We had a color television with five channels on it; only three premium channels, and during the summer, all they played was reruns of shows we watched during the winter time.

So we went outside and played basketball, joined little league, walked or rode a bike anywhere we went to. Back when we were kids, it was hard for mom to drag you back into the house for lunch or dinner. You stayed outside nearly all summer long. Because parents didn't just hand over money, we had to get jobs like delivering newspapers, cutting lawns or shoveling driveways.
Now they arrest parents for letting children go around unsupervised
Where I live, kids can’t even get on and off a school bus without a parent present
I don't know if it is statistically true or not but it sure seems like it is more dangerous to let your kids "go out and play" now as compared to then. Course I raised my kids in a big city vs my childhood in a small community.
My oldest daughter used to go jogging in her early twenties and I worried about her constantly despite her age.
I think violent crime has been decreasing

Kids definitely have less freedom. I used to ride my bike for miles to get around. Now, even bike riding is supervised
Same. Would leave the house after breakfast on my bike or skateboard and return at sundown.

She was a typical Nanny Stater jerk. Feeding kids healthier meals in school, was a good idea. But like all Nanny Staters, she abused the power. When she ordered school officials to inspect kids' lunch boxes to make sure parents packed them a 'Healthy Meal', she went too far. That's always the big problem with Authoritarians. They can't control themselves. They always end up abusing power.
More conservative propaganda

Michelle Obama did not “order” any lunchbox inspections
That is up to local school districts

In other words, her minions did it instead.
Michelle Obama has no minions in local school districts

Maybe not personally, but Democrats march like Nazi's in lockstep.

The problem was the feds (pushed by Mooochelle) required schools to inspect lunches, and if they did not meet the government requirements, the school was forced into providing the items those homemade lunches did not have, and that cost them money.

In order to try and force parents into making lunches that met FEDERAL requirements, they confiscated food items not on that list.

DHHS Defends School Lunch Inspections

It's why parents need to seek all education alternatives out there. Government Schools are a real mess. I mean, school official lackeys were throwing away kids' snacks that MIchelle Obama declared 'Unhealthy.' It was more Nanny State madness.

Last edited:
This adminstration just doesn't stop, nor does it care. Childhood obesity and Type 2 diabetes is skyrocketing in this country. Parents should teach their kids good healthy eating habits, but it should also be reinforced in our public schools.

WASHINGTON – After only six days on the job, Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue moved to stall one of former First Lady Michelle Obama’s signature accomplishments: stricter nutritional standards for school breakfasts and lunches, which feed more than 31 million children.

Speaking at Catoctin Elementary School in Leesburg, Virginia, on Monday with Sen. Pat Roberts, R-Kansas, and Patricia Montague of the School Nutrition Association, Perdue announced that his department would be slowing the implementation of aggressive standards on sodium, whole grains and sweetened milks that passed under the Obama administration.

“We know meals cannot be nutritious if they’re not consumed, if they’re thrown out,” Perdue told reporters after eating chicken nuggets and salad with a group of fifth graders. “We have to balance sodium and whole grain content with palatability.”

It was the second blow to the Obama administration’s nutritional legacy in less than a week. On Friday, the Food and Drug Administration signaled its intent to rewrite long-delayed menu-labeling rules passed as part of the Affordable Care Act. Republicans on the House Appropriations Committee also attached several nutrition-related riders to this week’s appropriations bill, including one that targeted voluntary industry sodium-reductions.

“I feel that we have made such progress in schools meals over the past five years,” said Miriam Nelson, a public health researcher who helped advise Michelle Obama’s nutrition initiatives. “This progress has contributed to reversing the trend in childhood obesity rates nationwide . . . We want to continue the progress we have made.”

School lunches have seen a radical makeover in the past five years. Since 2012, when the nutrition rules mandated by the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act went into effect, cafeterias have had to slash the amount of calories, trans-fats, sodium and refined grains in their foods, replacing cafeteria staples like conventional pizza with salt-reduced, whole-grain versions. They are also required to serve fruit, a variety of vegetables, and low-fat or fat-free milk.

28156-fatkids.jpg

They typically get fat because their parents are irresponsible and don't watch their sugar intake at home.

I think it's more of an exercise thing. When I was a kid, we ate all kinds of crap, but we burned it off because we did't have cell phones, video chat, video games or cable television. We had a color television with five channels on it; only three premium channels, and during the summer, all they played was reruns of shows we watched during the winter time.

So we went outside and played basketball, joined little league, walked or rode a bike anywhere we went to. Back when we were kids, it was hard for mom to drag you back into the house for lunch or dinner. You stayed outside nearly all summer long. Because parents didn't just hand over money, we had to get jobs like delivering newspapers, cutting lawns or shoveling driveways.
Where I live, kids can’t even get on and off a school bus without a parent present
I don't know if it is statistically true or not but it sure seems like it is more dangerous to let your kids "go out and play" now as compared to then. Course I raised my kids in a big city vs my childhood in a small community.
My oldest daughter used to go jogging in her early twenties and I worried about her constantly despite her age.

Kids definitely have less freedom. I used to ride my bike for miles to get around. Now, even bike riding is supervised
/----/ Remember when kids had paper routes? Now it's adults in cars but that maybe due to the decreased readership of newspapers and the subscribers are spread out more.

She was a typical Nanny Stater jerk. Feeding kids healthier meals in school, was a good idea. But like all Nanny Staters, she abused the power. When she ordered school officials to inspect kids' lunch boxes to make sure parents packed them a 'Healthy Meal', she went too far. That's always the big problem with Authoritarians. They can't control themselves. They always end up abusing power.
More conservative propaganda

Michelle Obama did not “order” any lunchbox inspections
That is up to local school districts

Yes she did. It happened all across the country. School officials were even throwing away kid's snacks they deemed 'Unhealthy.' Nanny Staters can't help themselves. Like all Authoritarians, they'll abuse the power. Feeding kids healthier meals at school is a good idea, but inspecting lunch boxes and discarding 'Unhealthy' food, is unacceptable. No parent should tolerate that.
It is your claim

Provide a link

They may even still be doing it. Hopefully, Trump has shut the Nanny Staters down though. Never give em an inch. They can't control themselves. They'll always go too far. Michelle Obama was a militant Nanny Stater. Good riddance.
If it is being done, it is done at the local level
There was NO Federal mandate of lunchbox inspections

Such a statement is simply sticking your head in the sand (or worse).

There does not have to be a federal mandate. There are plenty of people in the SJ category (Meyers Briggs) who feel it their job to ensure the "right" thing is done.

"Protectors (SJs) are observant, stable and motivated by a need to maintain security. They are realistic, routinized administrators requiring tasks be completed correctly and that people behave appropriately."

So once someone hands them a definition of right...they need no more.

We all know this.

I am not bashing SJ's, just the arrogant ones who think they know better....because once they think they do.....watch out.

/----/ Remember when kids had paper routes? Now it's adults in cars but that maybe due to the decreased readership of newspapers and the subscribers are spread out more.

It's because they need the money.

28156-fatkids.jpg

So we went outside and played basketball, joined little league, walked or rode a bike anywhere we went to. Back when we were kids, it was hard for mom to drag you back into the house for lunch or dinner. You stayed outside nearly all summer long. Because parents didn't just hand over money, we had to get jobs like delivering newspapers, cutting lawns or shoveling drivew
Plus we walked to and from school insteadc of getting driven and dropped off at the door.

28156-fatkids.jpg
Who Gives a fucking shit? The federal government fucks everything up they touch… fact
The federal government cannot fix shit

28156-fatkids.jpg

Back in the day, perverts didn't have to worry about the cops, perverts had to worry about the Dad's. If a Dad found out an adult was messing with his children, they likely ended up in the hospital with a half dozen tubes coming out of them.

If a cop rode by while Dad was beating the offender, the cop would just shrug his shoulders and say the guy deserved it. That's why adults didn't mess with kids years ago.

Today, Dad would be on the news, charged as a criminal, and sued by the pervert for injuries. That's why weirdo's have less fear messing with kids.

Yeah, Michelle Obama looks like a real nutrition and fitness expert. Let's put her in charge of deciding what our kids should eat. The DOG is in better shape than she is.

obamamichelleobesefatdogwalking.jpg
She seems to be doing a pretty good job of taking care of her husband, don't cha think?

5177-1507984958-d536a3ca749c49b2716db42248b1db1e.jpg

28156-fatkids.jpg
If your kids are fat ts your fucking fault as a parent not the Government's responsibility.

28156-fatkids.jpg

I drank quarts of whole milk in school------and was----kinda skinny. In my
time a half pint of milk went for TWO CENTS !!!!! in school------I drank lots of
it. What should happen in schools is TAKE OUT THOSE DAMNED SODA
VENDING MACHINES-------schools actually have soda vending machines

Actually, they do but the kids cannot access them. The soda vending machines located in schools containing sweetened drinks are time-locked and cannot be accessed until after school hours.

28156-fatkids.jpg

Spending money on plebs isn't their thing. They think all money should go to a few rich people.

Parents should decide what their kids eat and parents should get them out of the house.

Play ball. Ride a bike. Don't spend all day on the computer playing video games.

Hell when I was a kid we got home from school, grabbed the ball, the bats, gloves and hit the sand lot to play ball.

We rode our bikes all over. No one stayed in the house watching TV. It wasn't allowed.

We went home when Mom's started yelling it was time for supper. No one went hungry and we all had plenty of exercise. Not like todays fat, lazy kids.

Also: Let them WALK to school. There is no reason that any kid could not walk half a mile or more - depending on age - to school.

A school lunch room should be a place where kids eat the lunch that was packed by their parent, not the crap dictated by do-gooders like the former first woman.

Let them walk to school. Pedos need more opportunities to kidnap victims!

Parents should decide what their kids eat and parents should get them out of the house.

Play ball. Ride a bike. Don't spend all day on the computer playing video games.

Hell when I was a kid we got home from school, grabbed the ball, the bats, gloves and hit the sand lot to play ball.

We rode our bikes all over. No one stayed in the house watching TV. It wasn't allowed.

We went home when Mom's started yelling it was time for supper. No one went hungry and we all had plenty of exercise. Not like todays fat, lazy kids.

Also: Let them WALK to school. There is no reason that any kid could not walk half a mile or more - depending on age - to school.

A school lunch room should be a place where kids eat the lunch that was packed by their parent, not the crap dictated by do-gooders like the former first woman.

Let them walk to school. Pedos need more opportunities to kidnap victims!

In the run up to the London Olympics, the UK increased sports participation. Crime went down, the country was better off.

Then the Conservatives got in power and funding for sport dropped dramatically, and crime rates have risen.

The consequences are far beyond simple life style choices.

The menus I've seen coming from them are low calorie, low fat, low protein, and high carbohydrate. THAT, my friend is what causes type 2 diabetes, as well as high cholesterol.

Actually, type 2 diabetes is caused by a genetic defect—one that is rampant on my father's side of my family. He had it, all his brothers had it, his father had it, and now, my brother and I have it.

If you don't have the genetic pattern, then you will never develop type 2 diabetes, no matter what you eat or how you otherwise care for yourself or fail to do so.

Mt grandmother was Type 2, my mother was Type 2, and I am Type 2. Guess what else we have in common? A Native American background. Among Native Americans, Type 2 diabetes is very common.

Forum List

Back