Trump Fan Convicted In Anti-Muslim Terror Plot Asks Judge To Consider Trump’s Rhetoric

caddo kid

Gold Member
Aug 15, 2018
Trump Fan Convicted In Anti-Muslim Terror Plot Asks Judge To Consider Trump's Rhetoric | HuffPost

Attorneys for a President Donald Trump supporter who was convicted in a domestic terrorism plot aimed at slaughtering Muslim refugees asked a federal judge to factor in the “backdrop” of Trump’s campaign rhetoric when deciding their client’s sentence this week.

Patrick Stein was one of three right-wing militiamen found guilty in April of a conspiracy to kill Muslim refugees living in rural Kansas. Ahead of the 2016 election, Stein and two others plotted with an FBI informant and an undercover agent to bomb an apartment complex that housed Muslims in Garden City. Stein went by the handle “Orkin Man” and referred to Muslims as “cockroaches” he wanted exterminated.

At trial, defense attorneys referred to the defendants as “knuckleheads” who were engaged in “locker room talk,” and Stein’s attorney argued his client was a victim of a “chaos news” environment that had him thinking a civil war was coming.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here we are America, living in a nation I no longer recognize, a nation where a TV personality stirs racial hatred, incivility, incites others to violence, and some how becomes theoretically the most powerful person on planet Earth. This is all 'acceptable.'
This is what we have come to; a nation that tolerates, even cheering on the POTUS attacking the press on a daily basis, bombers sending explosive devices to political foes, murderers killing citizens in their houses of worship, people planning to bomb others they hate.
This is OUR new America. Insanity. Acceptable. Good. Normal. Enjoy when it comes to you.

Blaming Trump for all of this has got to stop. Let's stop the divisiveness and hatred coming out of our own mouths first. The crap on social media such as this right here is what puts people over the edge.

• Banned
Blaming Trump for all of this has got to stop. Let's stop the divisiveness and hatred coming out of our own mouths first. The crap on social media such as this right here is what puts people over the edge.

Trump introduced this 'style' of campaigning back in June, 2015. People accepted Trump's abrasive, and abusive style & rhetoric. When we open the proverbial Pandora's Box, how does the nation close something that is so widely accepted?

That won't happen, just as much as you might want it to happen. We are in a fixed cycle of rhetoric & violence that is now 'normal.'

People wanted change; that got what they wanted.

Here we are America, living in a nation I no longer recognize, a nation where a TV personality stirs racial hatred, incivility, incites others to violence, and some how becomes theoretically the most powerful person on planet Earth. This is all 'acceptable.'
This is what we have come to; a nation that tolerates, even cheering on the POTUS attacking the press on a daily basis, bombers sending explosive devices to political foes, murderers killing citizens in their houses of worship, people planning to bomb others they hate.
This is OUR new America. Insanity. Acceptable. Good. Normal. Enjoy when it comes to you.

Oh, good lord... Your breath must smell like a horse's ass with that much shit you're spewing!

As for this shyster of a lawyer;
“Trump’s brand of rough-and-tumble verbal pummeling heightened the rhetorical stakes for people of all political persuasions,” they added. “A personal normally at a 3 on a scale of political talk might have found themselves at a 7 during the election. A person, like Patrick, who would often be at a 7 during a normal day, might ‘go to 11.’ See SPINAL TAP.

He's basically saying "My client's crazy but Trump made him crazier." That's his defense!?!

Oh, good lord... Your breath must smell like a horse's ass with that much shit you're spewing!

“Trump’s brand of rough-and-tumble verbal pummeling heightened the rhetorical stakes for people of all political persuasions,” they added. “A personal normally at a 3 on a scale of political talk might have found themselves at a 7 during the election. A person, like Patrick, who would often be at a 7 during a normal day, might ‘go to 11.’ See SPINAL TAP.

He's basically saying "My client's crazy but Trump made him crazier." That's his defense!?!
His lawyer must be a Democrat, right? :biggrin:

"Trump made me do it..."

:laughing0301:
More like 'Trump made me think it is OK'.
History is full of leaders who created and ginned up disastrous situations, like the Pope encouraging Crusades, or that monk that sold indulgences, or the charge at Gallipoli, or Torquemada slaughtering in God's name. Or Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld ginning up a war against a bystander country that had nothing to do with the event that got our dander up....And that we are still dying for.

Trump Fan Convicted In Anti-Muslim Terror Plot Asks Judge To Consider Trump's Rhetoric | HuffPost

Attorneys for a President Donald Trump supporter who was convicted in a domestic terrorism plot aimed at slaughtering Muslim refugees asked a federal judge to factor in the “backdrop” of Trump’s campaign rhetoric when deciding their client’s sentence this week.

Patrick Stein was one of three right-wing militiamen found guilty in April of a conspiracy to kill Muslim refugees living in rural Kansas. Ahead of the 2016 election, Stein and two others plotted with an FBI informant and an undercover agent to bomb an apartment complex that housed Muslims in Garden City. Stein went by the handle “Orkin Man” and referred to Muslims as “cockroaches” he wanted exterminated.

At trial, defense attorneys referred to the defendants as “knuckleheads” who were engaged in “locker room talk,” and Stein’s attorney argued his client was a victim of a “chaos news” environment that had him thinking a civil war was coming.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wouldn't call Obama a TV personality, just a hack politician who fooled a bunch of idiots
with "Hope & Change".

• Banned

The US Government warns others around the globe concerning radicalization.

Radicalization (or radicalisation) is a process by which an individual, or group comes to adopt increasingly extreme political, social, or religious ideals and aspirations that reject or undermine the status quo or contemporary ideas and expressions of the nation.

What I find ironic is that politics in America has become radicalized, yet that very radicalization has become the new normal.

IMO the majority of the membership here at USMB are radicalized; you sound like you have become radicalized too.

The US Government warns others around the globe concerning radicalization.

Radicalization (or radicalisation) is a process by which an individual, or group comes to adopt increasingly extreme political, social, or religious ideals and aspirations that reject or undermine the status quo or contemporary ideas and expressions of the nation.

What I find ironic is that politics in America has become radicalized, yet that very radicalization has become the new normal.

IMO the majority of the membership here at USMB are radicalized; you sound like you have become radicalized too.

IMO, you have no idea what radicalization really is... You see two sides arguing and believe, the side you disagree with, is radicalized.
News flash Caddo, both sides(Reps and Dems) have always used extreme language against the other. If you think the shit that comes out of Trump's mouth is bad you should read up on some of our other Presidents. Try FDR, W.G. Harding, or go way back with Andrew Jackson.

This is the culture war the Hussein wanted, that’s why he brought in so many Muslim refugees. He knew it would only cause problems.

There are folks on the right and the left, we know who they are, who are more dedicated and faithful to their party than they are to their country. I see lefty’s here who hate Trump and will never concede that he has every done anything positive as president, conversely there are trump supporters who applaud anything he does, including some of his inane tweets.

The OP is one of these from the left.

This is the culture war the Hussein wanted, that’s why he brought in so many Muslim refugees. He knew it would only cause problems.

Please; just go ahead & admit you are also a racist that HATES the memory of a successful, two term BLACK American POTUS.

I'm sure you reading that just made your racist brain explode, huh?

Trump introduced this 'style' of campaigning back in June, 2015. People accepted Trump's abrasive, and abusive style & rhetoric. When we open the proverbial Pandora's Box, how does the nation close something that is so widely accepted?

That won't happen, just as much as you might want it to happen. We are in a fixed cycle of rhetoric & violence that is now 'normal.'

I thought you were complaining about it, though?
My only point is that if you are complaining about Trump's rhetoric, you need to school your own as well.
We all do it here. I do it, too, when I'm insulted enough, but finger pointing without changing our own style is NOT going to help.
I don't agree with you that it can't be changed. Of course it can. It is in the tips of our fingers.

You blame Trump for this shooting? Why are you such a weirdo, and why do you think anyone would take your weird thoughts seriously?

My only point is that if you are complaining about Trump's rhetoric, you need to school your own as well.
We all do it here. I do it, too, when I'm insulted enough, but finger pointing without changing our own style is NOT going to help.
I don't agree with you that it can't be changed. Of course it can. It is in the tips of our fingers.

I need to school my own as well?

DO YOU THINK I AM THE FVCKING POTUS?

LOFL

Change starts at the top; there is a HUGE PILE OF SHIT IN AMERICA and guess who is on top of that huge pile of shit? NOT ME.

You blame Trump for this shooting? Why are you such a weirdo, and why do you think anyone would take your weird thoughts seriously?

I understand you are stupid, and lazy BUT that is NO EXCUSE for you to LOOK SO IGNORANT.

NEXT TIME please read the information.

It was NOT a shooting; it was a plot to bomb Muslims living in an apartment complex.

I need to school my own as well?

DO YOU THINK I AM THE FVCKING POTUS?

LOFL

Change starts at the top; there is a HUGE PILE OF SHIT IN AMERICA and guess who is on top of that huge pile of shit? NOT ME.
In this country, real change begins with the people. I agree with you quite a bit, so I'm not going to argue more about this now.

We wouldn't have all this discord without the Orange Virus. There is literally no one else to blame.

Please; just go ahead & admit you are also a racist that HATES the memory of a successful, two term BLACK American POTUS.

I'm sure you reading that just made your racist brain explode, huh?

If the Hussein was white, his name would had been John Edwards, and our dislike of his policies and actions would remain exactly the same. He was and still is a neo-Marxist, he believes in evils such as income redistribution and forced labor. He embraced Islam, perpetuating the lie that it is the “religion of peace”. He fully supported the globalist Agenda to destroy white Christian culture. Why do you think he started so many unnecessary wars in Libya, Syria, and tried to in Egypt? He manufactured the refugee crisis in order to flood Europe with third world Muslim trash.

But go on, tell us how great the Hussein was for women’s rights and gays, when his buddies in ISIS were raping women and throwing gays off rooftops.

Forum List

Back