Trump gives hope to those who are dying with "Right to Try," Bill...

Sounds like bigger profits for the healthcare industry for treatments that probably won’t work. What will this do to healthcare costs? Is this just for the rich? I can’t see insurance paying. More bankruptcy for desperate sick people?

I make no secret of my distaste for President Trump, on this, however, he has my support.

Yeah. It would seem weird to oppose the idea that a dying person should be allowed to try a new treatment or medication.

That's why 37 states have already made "right to try" laws reality and it is also why there is already a process by which terminally ill patients can access unapproved treatments.

This bill may open the door for unscrupulous people to take advantage of patients. It's is basically a regulation killing act which will weaken the FDA's ability to protect patients.

But it sure seems like a no brainier. Don't it?

So other states are doing it, but somehow the feds allowing it will open the floodgates of nastiness?

You just can't give an inch, can ya?

DEMS-13 is really anxious to kill people!

Experimental medicine is unnecessary if the sick are just killed off. We would have no need of miracle cures. It's right out of Plato's Republic. It's common sense medical care.

I make no secret of my distaste for President Trump, on this, however, he has my support.

Yeah. It would seem weird to oppose the idea that a dying person should be allowed to try a new treatment or medication.

That's why 37 states have already made "right to try" laws reality and it is also why there is already a process by which terminally ill patients can access unapproved treatments.

This bill may open the door for unscrupulous people to take advantage of patients. It's is basically a regulation killing act which will weaken the FDA's ability to protect patients.

So other states are doing it, but somehow the feds allowing it will open the floodgates of nastiness?

I’m convinced that Trump doesn’t know what the bill does and he used his “common sense” to sign it. The fact is that the federal version rips away a layer of protection for patients. That’s all it does.

Why give an inch for that?

I’m convinced that Trump doesn’t know what the bill does and he used his “common sense” to sign it. The fact is that the federal version rips away a layer of protection for patients. That’s all it does.

Only for patients who are on their deathbed and want to be able to try an experimental drug or treatment. and you forget or omit that this is all under the supervision of medical professionals.

And 22 dems crossed the aisle, and it would probably be more if they weren't in "deny trump deny" mode.

Only for patients who are on their deathbed and want to be able to try an experimental drug or treatment. and you forget or omit that this is all under the supervision of medical professionals.

And 22 dems crossed the aisle, and it would probably be more if they weren't in "deny trump deny" mode.

Please read one or two opposing arguments. You will see that it isn’t all that beneficial given the system that was in place before it was passed.

It isn’t the worst thing in the world either. Just a dig at the FDA’s regulatory authority. Meh.

This is one of the funniest takes that Trombies have. This man works less than any president in history. He's getting almost nothing done.
Irt must be a very cruel world for you, the way things are turning out that is.

Yeah. I'm suffering because 25% of the nation believes that Trump is an effective leader. It's killing me.
--------------------------- TRUMP is doing fine on issues that are important to Americans LLaugher .

He's doing a great job of enabling a vocal minority who don't hesitate to tell their fellow citizens that they are not American. That's something. Right?
---------------------------------- agree , maybe the residents of the USA will smarten up and change their ways . There is still time LLaugher .
:rofl:

Please read one or two opposing arguments. You will see that it isn’t all that beneficial given the system that was in place before it was passed.

It isn’t the worst thing in the world either. Just a dig at the FDA’s regulatory authority. Meh.
Uuuummmmm, not necessarily. Will European approved drugs now be available? The same European drugs that appear to work that the FDA hasn't or won't approve because the FDA hasn't tested those drugs.
Yes the signing of this bill opens up the possibility for snake oil salesmen to defraud the system but then again, what else is new...........

Yes, guess that's why Obama didn't do it.

The opposing argument is what? that people dying already may die or suffer side effects?

This isn't allowing people to roll up to the pharmacy and demand meds, or force treatments on the unwilling, it's allowing doctors to try some hail marys in the hopes of fixing people.

The opposing argument is what? that people dying already may die or suffer side effects?

This isn't allowing people to roll up to the pharmacy and demand meds, or force treatments on the unwilling, it's allowing doctors to try some hail marys in the hopes of fixing people.

FFS. It’s a regulatory kill. That’s it. Terminally ill people ALREADY HAD ACCESS to trial treatments.

The opposing argument is : Why was this even necessary?

FFS. It’s a regulatory kill. That’s it. Terminally ill people ALREADY HAD ACCESS to trial treatments.

The opposing argument is : Why was this even necessary?

This makes it easier. And it's something that also passed congress, i.e. the right way to do it unlike EO's.

You talk about regulatory kills like it's always a bad thing.

Regulation for the sake of regulation is tyranny.

Regulation for the sake of strangulation is deceptive tyranny.

Forum List

Back