Trump is taxing Americans to death

Trump is taxing Americans to death. I hope Americans and Trump supporters realize that tariff is just another word for TAX, paid by Americans collected by their government. Since the Chinese Tariffs Trump is forcing on American importers who will pass the cost down to American consumers as higher prices affects 70 PERCENT OF ALL CONSUMER GOODS then household expenses are going to skyrocket. Now add on Trump's Mexico tariffs and Americans are being taxed to death. With over 40 million Americans already living in poverty (more than the entire population of Canada) I see a disaster in the making. Trump doesn't care though.
Tarriffs are a tax on importers.

Let’s say for example:

You have two Televisions you want to consider buying. A Vizio and a Sony. Both are comparable in every way but the SONY costs $1000 more because of Tarriffs. . Which one will you buy???

I bought the Vizio.

Right on the back of your Vizio, it says "made in China".
There was no Tarriffs on it when bought it last year.

Trump is taxing Americans to death. I hope Americans and Trump supporters realize that tariff is just another word for TAX, paid by Americans collected by their government. Since the Chinese Tariffs Trump is forcing on American importers who will pass the cost down to American consumers as higher prices affects 70 PERCENT OF ALL CONSUMER GOODS then household expenses are going to skyrocket. Now add on Trump's Mexico tariffs and Americans are being taxed to death. With over 40 million Americans already living in poverty (more than the entire population of Canada) I see a disaster in the making. Trump doesn't care though.

Let’s say for example:

You have two Televisions you want to consider buying. A Vizio and a Sony. Both are comparable in every way but the SONY costs $1000 more because of Tarriffs. . Which one will you buy???

I bought the Vizio.
Vizio makes cheap shit. But since the demand for them is higher now that Sony has tariffs, they charge more for their TVs. Econ 101.

Let’s say for example:

I bought the Vizio.
Vizio makes cheap shit. But since the demand for them is higher now that Sony has tariffs, they charge more for their TVs. Econ 101.
There are a few different quality screens made overseas. The brand name may mean not a lot of difference in that regard. The quality of the HD sets are leaps ahead of the old analog models.

Let’s say for example:

I bought the Vizio.
There are a few different quality screens made overseas. The brand name may mean not a lot of difference in that regard. The quality of the HD sets are leaps ahead of the old analog models.
Vizio has the shittiest sound of any TVs you see at the store

Wow, you people really don't get it. It doesn't matter which you buy. The point is, it will cost 25% more regardless, on 70% of all consumer goods. Good luck.

Why would American made goods cost more?

He's full of shit.

Jo

Common sense goes right over his head

I think what he's trying to say is that a hard to avoid the input of goods from China whether it be the whole product or components of the product. But it's not impossible and yes it will cost you some more money because you're buying better quality you're avoiding the involvement of slave labor and you're also taking good care of the environment by buying from companies who aren't supposed to pollute. if these hypocritical lefty assholes are so concerned about the Paris Accord they should never buy anything from China or anything that even has any parts from China no matter what it costs.

Jo

so youre saying when taxes get high the middle and lower classes suffer
we need higher taxes for social justice

Let’s say for example:

I bought the Vizio.
LG makes good panels.

Let’s say for example:

I bought the Vizio.

Right on the back of your Vizio, it says "made in China".
There was no Tarriffs on it when bought it last year.

Do you expect your fellow travelers to believe tariffs were placed on Sony tv's at an earlier date than on Vizio tv's?

A tariff is a tax on a foreign country's goods, not the U.S. The crazy angry left might wish that household expenses are going to "skyrocket" but it simply ain't true. The ironic thing is that the crazy incoherent left has been accusing the President of "collusion" while they have become willing (or ignorant) agents of foreign based propaganda.

A Tariff is tax added to the entity who imported the goods not the entity that shipped them.

Buy American asshole .....
Why are you addicted to foreign made goods?

Jo

American steel makers just raised their prices when Trump put on those tariffs.

The cost of US goods increased making them harder to export.

Let’s say for example:

I bought the Vizio.

Poor example because you don't say what they cost pre-tariffs

Second here is how Vizio gets their TVs: "while Panasonic, Sharp, Samsung and LG all make their own panels and assemble their own HDTVs, Vizio makes nothing. They buy LCD panels and parts from outside companies and relies on third-party factories, mainly those owned and operated by the Taiwanese company AmTran, to assemble these parts into TVs."

You totally ignore the sourcing of the components.

Therefore both TVs would have gone up in price.

Quit being such a fucking moron.

I deal with products manufactured from alloy steel.

The US steel makers raised their prices when Trump put on the tariffs.

It made my pricing go up 10 - 15%.

I sell a lot of US manufactured products into Mexico. I could not raise my prices by 10-15% because my customer has access to these same products from Europe & Canada.

After much negotiations, I ended up cutting my profit margins in order to sell some products ( but not the same level as before). I lost half of my Mexican business & make only haslf my profit on the balance.

The factory lost these sales, they also lost profit margin.

My company lost ales & profit margins.

In the end less US product was exported

This is happening all across America.

Trump knows nothing about international business. He knows nothing about manufacturing.

He knows nothing about the steel industry.

And his base knows even less.

A tariff is a tax on a foreign country's goods, not the U.S. The crazy angry left might wish that household expenses are going to "skyrocket" but it simply ain't true. The ironic thing is that the crazy incoherent left has been accusing the President of "collusion" while they have become willing (or ignorant) agents of foreign based propaganda.

Seriously, you don't know what tariffs are. Tariffs are not paid by foreign countries. It is paid by American Importers who pass that cost down to American Consumers. The crazy right needs to get some education. It is basically a tax on the American people.
and only on certain products. And you won't see any increase for six months at any store. you know this correct? so actually, no one has paid for any tariff yet.

so what is different with a tariff than an actual tax increase on a corporation? is it the same thing, as it gets passed to the consumer? so a tax on the rich affects the middle class, right?

I sell a lot of US manufactured products into Mexico. I could not raise my prices by 10-15% because my customer has access to these same products from Europe & Canada.

After much negotiations, I ended up cutting my profit margins in order to sell some products ( but not the same level as before). I lost half of my Mexican business & make only haslf my profit on the balance.

Trump knows nothing about international business. He knows nothing about manufacturing.

No link...

I have not paid a dime more-what on earth are you buying?

So, you support tax cuts?

Trump just said, on tariffs, "Right now, they (China) are paying billions of dollars to the United States". Apparently, Trump is just like any other low-information voter who doesn't know which end is up.

Liar..

Trump’s Tariffs Are Killing American Steel

Steel prices have fallen back to pre-tariff levels.

Forum List

Back