I say you don't know the difference because you don't realize that Trump had to pay the money he's writing off as losses now. You also think it's operating losses and don't grasp the difference between that and tax losses.

As I asked Care4AllLiberals, if I pay $50 for a share of stock, then I sell it for $50, why do I need to pay taxes on the $50? I just got my money back?

If Trump spent billions on his business, why does he have to pay taxes to get the money back he put in that aren't even profits?

Let me ask you a question. Do you know that clause which allows Trump to carry over that incredible loss is called the NET OPERATING LOSS provision. Do you know why that is different from the losses that regular businesses are permitted to carry over?

Do you even look at the released pages?

You likely know more about tax law than I do. Congratulations. But you need to grasp what TRUMP did here. It is not what you seem or think it is. It's shit that can only be taken advantage of by people who work the system in ways that exceed the normal businessman trying to reduce his tax burden.

Do you realize that his message is that.... taking such advantage of the system should not be possible? I doubt he even does his own taxes, at that level it would make no sense at all. His accounting firm most likely does his taxes and as they always do... minimizes them.

My accountant does my taxes. That's not unusual. What is unusual is the complex array of holdings that this fucker has which allow him to play the game on a different field than the rest of us. That's all done intentionally to avoid paying what is considered a fair share of taxes.

Some people.....retards mostly...think taxes are unconstitutional and they think this shit is awesome. I'm not one of those people.

Where is the actual statement?

Anyway, can't blame his accountant for doing a good job. I am sure he would close such a loop hole however... he's been speaking about that kind of gaming for 30 years now. It does seem like his accountants may have found some loop holes to close.

Trump's tax writeoff shows his 'genius' at business, advisers say

"I know our complex tax laws better than anyone who has ever run for president and am the only one who can fix them. #failing@nytimes," Trump wrote on Twitter on Sunday."

Good old Trump hyperbole, but he is right about fixing it.

I find lawyers and accountants to be OK, but the best tax and acquisition strategies for the businesses I bought and sold I thought of and proposed to them, not the other way around

Yeah well I agree with that, for smaller businesses especially you possibly have a better idea how to do the taxes yourself. However, the tax code is monolithic. The truly complex arrangements happen in consolidated corporations and the cheating is done by transferring the income to other countries, where there are no taxes to speak of.

Hillary did kill 4 people and no one cared.

Yes, the American electorate is a sick joke

Hillary didn't kill anyone.

That shit is why you don't get the benefit of the doubt from intelligent people. That's a retarded thing to say.

Since when did you get to speak for "intelligent people?" And yeah, leaving Stevens and his cohorts there when they were begging for help because it was politically inconvenient to provide it was killing them.

How about all the American troops she killed as well as Iranians, Syrians and Afghanis when she voted for the wars that were not for the defense of the American people?

You earn the mocking that I inevitably end up giving you. You say fucking retarded things. You actually have a brain....but you are just fucked up

You're an intellectual mediocrity

Yes. Which is how I get your goat with such ease.

So you're feigning stupidity, you're not stupid. Interesting defense

I see you gutless liberals are still trying to demonize Trump for taking legal tax deductions. What lowlife scum you are.

What's more important is that Trump had to take huge BUSINESS losses in REAL ESTATE to get those deductions...

...you know, the Trump who claims he's such a brilliant BUSINESSMAN in REAL ESTATE.

Speaking of idiots, you know nothing of business go bake your rainbow cookies.

Gee, brilliant rejoinder. Where are your marching orders coming from?

You think losing a billion dollars in a year is good business? Would 2 billion be even better? lol

Why do you think I don't know the difference? I've not said anything that would give you that impression.

It isn't a matter of "understanding" business with me, bro...it's a matter of practical experience. I own two successful businesses. I'm happy to pay my fair share.

I say you don't know the difference because you don't realize that Trump had to pay the money he's writing off as losses now. You also think it's operating losses and don't grasp the difference between that and tax losses.

As I asked Care4AllLiberals, if I pay $50 for a share of stock, then I sell it for $50, why do I need to pay taxes on the $50? I just got my money back?

If Trump spent billions on his business, why does he have to pay taxes to get the money back he put in that aren't even profits?

Let me ask you a question. Do you know that clause which allows Trump to carry over that incredible loss is called the NET OPERATING LOSS provision. Do you know why that is different from the losses that regular businesses are permitted to carry over?

You likely know more about tax law than I do. Congratulations. But you need to grasp what TRUMP did here. It is not what you seem or think it is. It's shit that can only be taken advantage of by people who work the system in ways that exceed the normal businessman trying to reduce his tax burden.

Do you realize that his message is that.... taking such advantage of the system should not be possible? I doubt he even does his own taxes, at that level it would make no sense at all. His accounting firm most likely does his taxes and as they always do... minimizes them.

My accountant does my taxes. That's not unusual. What is unusual is the complex array of holdings that this fucker has which allow him to play the game on a different field than the rest of us. That's all done intentionally to avoid paying what is considered a fair share of taxes.

Some people.....retards mostly...think taxes are unconstitutional and they think this shit is awesome. I'm not one of those people.
Is it not true that Trump's "losses" were not his losses at all but his investors' losses?

If HE personally lost one billion that year, how much did he lose for his investors? And why did anyone ever invest in his companies again?

Losses like gains are distributed by ownership percentage. IRS rules, you have no choice in that

As we know, left wing business owners don't take available deductions, because then they wouldn't be paying their "fair share".

Warren Buffett and Bill Gates specifically instruct their accountants and CPAs to avoid using any deductions, credits or loopholes.

I think we all know this.

Lame snark. I'm a lefty business owner. I take all available deductions and I'm still happy to pay my fair share.

You probably do as well. And you pay your fair share, don't you?

As we know, left wing business owners don't take available deductions, because then they wouldn't be paying their "fair share".

Warren Buffett and Bill Gates specifically instruct their accountants and CPAs to avoid using any deductions, credits or loopholes.

That's your defense of Trump's business acumen? lol, you get better at this every day.

That's your defense of Trump's business acumen? lol, you get better at this every day.
No, that's not my defense of Trump's business acumen.

That's my mockery of your abject ignorance.

Trump appears to be the multi-billionaire version of the guy who sells homemade fishing lures out of his garage (that nobody buys) so he can write off all his fishing trips as business expenses.

Where have I EVER been wrong on this subject? Be specific.

Why do you have to come in and ruin these discussions for all of us who actually have a clue what is going on? Your rhetoric is stupid, you are stupid... you simply do not have the knowledge required to run a lemonade stand. Why not go get some knowledge and come back?

Everyone minimizes their taxes, this is common knowledge. Go away troll.

If Trump was losing twice as much money on a regular basis,

would you guys double your praise of his skill as a businessman?

You appear to be completely flummoxed by the fact that otherwise successful businesses sometimes lose money.

You just keep posting about it, no matter what.

That's not just wrong, it's very funny.

His field is exactly what ours are.

The exact same fundamental basics, Holmes. More money, more investments make it harder to all figure out and more choices how to do it just because there are more pieces on the table. But there is no actual difference in the rules. Sorry, guy

Incorrect. I'm surprised that a libertarian would so vigorously defend a New York elitist who games the system.

Seriously? A libertarian supporting someone doing whatever it takes to avoid taxes? I support tax fraud, though I don't do it. Keeping money from our government is like keeping it from the mafia.

Is evading and cheating on your taxes patriotic?

Why do you have to come in and ruin these discussions for all of us who actually have a clue what is going on? Your rhetoric is stupid, you are stupid... Why not go get some knowledge and come back?

It isn't hard to minimize your taxes when your business ventures lose a billion bucks in a year.

That's MY point.

You appear to be completely flummoxed by the fact that otherwise successful businesses sometimes lose money.

Sometimes? lol

Why do you think I don't know the difference? I've not said anything that would give you that impression.

It isn't a matter of "understanding" business with me, bro...it's a matter of practical experience. I own two successful businesses. I'm happy to pay my fair share.

Let me ask you a question. Do you know that clause which allows Trump to carry over that incredible loss is called the NET OPERATING LOSS provision. And do you know why Trump benefits from it more than more traditional businesses owners ever could?

Again you're proving you know ZERO about business.

Every tax loss in a business was from one of two things:

1) Money the owners put into the company which they paid taxes on when they earned it

2) Money the company made and the owners paid taxes on when they earned it

Money in a company can't come from nowhere. Honestly, your lie that you own two businesses is, wow, incredible given your lack of knowledge of even the basics of business.

The point is, taxes were paid on the money that became losses. The most common losses, particularly early in a business, are from the owner getting money back they put into the company, which is why I assumed that. But either way, the losses are against money that was taxed

You just called me a liar again. What's your problem. We've gone over this before. Why won't you admit your error?

You probably think capital gains taxes are bullshit, right? You are talking yourself into circles. The subject it Net Operating Losses and how owners of complex businesses can take max advantage of the provision.

And....this isn't a business discussion, douchebag....it's a tax discussion. I thought you knew something about taxes....but now I'm not so sure. Your numbers one and two above being the only losses that a business can claim is retarded.

Time for you to say something intelligent.

Yes, capital gains taxes are bullshit. And it's a business tax discussion. I can't believe someone who knows nothing about business taxes runs businesses. I have a CPA prepare my taxes, I don't prepare my own taxes. But I'm all over how they work. How can you not be and run your business effectively? And as I said, I've proposed strategies to him. CPAs fill out forms. Tax strategy is a business issue

I'm as all over them as you are pal. I run very simple businesses. I make money....and I pay taxes. That's the way it works.

Trump finding ways to pay ZERO taxes goes beyond the realm of being a good businessman. That's why this is a tax discussion and not a business discussion.

And I think capital gains taxes are legit. All income should be taxed. I earn money with my business...it's taxed. I invest profits and earn more money...it's taxed. No problem. It's how it's done.

Why do you have to come in and ruin these discussions for all of us who actually have a clue what is going on? Your rhetoric is stupid, you are stupid... you simply do not have the knowledge required to run a lemonade stand. Why not go get some knowledge and come back?

I don't think these folks understand.

It's like me going into the Automotive Forum and attacking people for the way they rebuild transmissions, when I don't know shit about it.

It's just the way they are.

Why do you have to come in and ruin these discussions for all of us who actually have a clue what is going on? Your rhetoric is stupid, you are stupid... Why not go get some knowledge and come back?

It isn't hard to minimize your taxes when your business ventures lose a billion bucks in a year.

That's MY point.

Trump has done very well in business so again, go away troll. It's an uncertain field, and I am not that sure what you say is even true. Not that you care... you absorb the mainstream propaganda bought and paid for by Clinton in full.

Sometimes? lol
Uh, yes.

My goodness. You really have no clue.

Sometimes? lol
Uh, yes.

My goodness. You really have no clue.

Another Trumptard comes out of the closet. Big surprise.

Forum List

Back